Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Beta Videos] 5man's from a warrior tank POV

I will update this thread with links to the videos I create while tanking in the cata beta.
    This is a cross post from the warrior forums, posted here to get more views and feedback. Feel free to comment with requests if there is any particular instance or area you would like me to record footage from.

Original thread - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rrior-tank-POV

To watch any of the videos in 1080/720p please right click then "view on youtube" and watch it in fullscreen.
    Tacklist is on each video's description on youtube, please no comments on my music taste you can mute it if you wish.
    720p looks best in this small window on the forums if you choose 1080p it over sharpens the image and it looks horrible

Clean kill of Temple Guardian Anhuur the 1st boss in Halls of Origination normal mode 1080p

Clean kill of Earthrager Ptah the 3rd boss in Halls of Origination normal mode 1080p

Clean kill of Setesh the "shadow" boss in the 4 elemental bosses in the upper tier on normal 1080p

Scrappy kill of Isiset (dps ignoring kill order)the "arcane" boss in the 4 elemental bosses in the upper tier on normal 1080p

Scrappy kill of Rajh the "fire" boss in the 4 elemental bosses in the upper tier on normal 1080p

Overview of my gear and stats watch this one 1080p fullscreen on youtube or you cant read the text

Warrior Mastery Bonus watch this one 1080p fullscreen on youtube or you cant read the text, you also may have to pause it to read.

incoming:
    1080p of HoO: Aummunae - Rendering this now 40min until live on youtube
    1080p of HoO: Anraphet
    1080p Footage of all 3 bosses and a nasty trash pull in Grim Batrol 5man normal.
    1080p Footage of the Lost City of the tol vir instance.
    Last edited by Devlin1991; 2010-09-06 at 08:59 PM.

Nice its Marrowgar's 1st cousin twice removed. CALCIUM BASED SPIIIIIIIIIIIN!
    Twitter: @heroes_nlegends
    Instagram:@theheroesandlegends
    Email: theheroesandlegends@gmail.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/theheroesandlegends
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL7...fNgDq7WERBpY7g

Deleted
    is that priest standing on a camel while dpsing? =_=

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably been commented on before but... 104k health! That is just plain awesome. I'm guessing standard questing greens and blues give a warrior tank that at level 85?

Thanks for the upload.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the priest is casting while moving on the camel.

My gear is a mix of 305ilevel greens from deepholm and 3-4 333 blues from the 2 lootable 5mans, I have 1 stam trinket and 1 dodge trinket. I wont be surprised if I have over 110k hp by the time I am in near full 5man normal blues.

Check first post I have a new video up now, will be live in the next 5-10min

Thanks for uploading these Devlin. I have seen enough pally/DK tanking vids and was hoping some warrior in beta
    would make some videos as well. Two quick ideas popped into my head when watching the videos:

1- Maybe mouse over your gear for the first 15 secs or so of the video so we can see your gear? I'm dieing for stats info!

2- If you could, maybe when u get a proc or something, open the character panel and show what your new AP or armor or w/e stat
    got buffed from the proc is? I'm so glad we can see some numbers now as well!

Thanks again for recording/posting these!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could only see the first video cause of copyrights.Nice video and music

Thanks for the videos, but you shouldn't rag on people when you make mistakes yourself.
    I heard taunting a mob was hard :P

10+ Year Old Account
    There is HORRIBLE lag btw on beta. You target a mob and start mashing a button and it can take up to 1s+ for it to fire off, this makes warrior tanking very very tricky, you don't have anywhere near the mobility and accuracy with attacks you have on live. If you are refering to the mob that wailed on the healer on the Isiset split the dps where attacking the wrong targets which made keeping them on me pretty tough I was pretty much taunting on CD during the phase split ;(.

I have removed the audio on the Setesh kill GG Sony and WMG and the likes for ruining youtube. The next one which will be Rajh I will mouseover my gear at the start for you and Comment on the fight a little.

12k hits from ptah? Seems low. Isiset's damage output seems about right for a normal though.

Deleted
    "Twisting Nether EU"
    Random: "How's ICC 25?"
    "11/12 heroic in a pug"

>_>

Wait, are they allowing addons(or maybe just recount) on the beta now? I'm not in the beta, but I'm just wondering, sorry if I'm mistaken. Anyways, thanks for the video!

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    There is HORRIBLE lag btw on beta. You target a mob and start mashing a button and it can take up to 1s+ for it to fire off, this makes warrior tanking very very tricky, you don't have anywhere near the mobility and accuracy with attacks you have on live. If you are refering to the mob that wailed on the healer on the Isiset split the dps where attacking the wrong targets which made keeping them on me pretty tough I was pretty much taunting on CD during the phase split ;(.

I have removed the audio on the Setesh kill GG Sony and WMG and the likes for ruining youtube. The next one which will be Rajh I will mouseover my gear at the start for you and Comment on the fight a little.
    Aight, thanks for clearing that up
    And yea, I meant the part where one dude was banging on the healer, but also the dead pet (the second time, the first time it died almost instant).
    The reason I commented on it was because of 2 reasons: you had taunt off CD and you never targeted the mob before to check omen.

Regardless, I didn't come here to bitch Thanks again for the vids and I'm looking forward to the next ones!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh Twisting Nether has some pretty amazing weekly pugs doing either 10 or 11 on heroic, though you need at least that to be in for a chance of getting a spot so its more like a cluster of different mains and geared alts of 11 or 12 heroic raiders.

Addons are currently allowed on beta but a lot of them are very unstable and cause crit errors and lock ups. I am using recount to see what the dps is like even though a lot of classes are very broken numbers wise, was testing arms/fury just before that instance which is why its running.

Pta seems to melee anywhere from 10k-20k so maybey its a non fixed value swing. his cleaves also hit as hard as 30k but sometimes 15k.
    The adds on Setesh hit for 7-8k a pop so if dps is crap i've had up to 4 on me which is pretty insane damage intake for a 5man with 1 healer.
    Isiset hits for aobur 20k damage per hit along with the incoming magical damage from the Starfall and the little adds so pretty hard hitting boss. wait till you see Rajh though He hits like a train.

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 02:22 AM ----------

Rendering Rahj kill now. Took me a while to find a song I though was fitting to the boss, ammunae next this will be a tricky one to get right music wise.

Let me know if you would prefer a commented version of the next one or just a musical track again.

Wow, you weren't kidding about Rahj. You could easily die there from unlucky RNG to the raid damage, and it looks like you killed the boss just in time because the healer was nearly OOM . Can't wait to try that fight on heroic though.

Even on fullscreen 1080p the gear vid was not very clear in some places (mainly your level).
    I'm assuming that you're level 85, but man... 7% dodge and parry and 51% Damage reduction from armor? DR hit us in the face XD
    Nice block though

10+ Year Old Account
    Rahj is deadly if he hits the raid with the Hard hitting dot "Sun strike" just before he does the touch of sun aoe channel. In the video you will see the Shadow priest blow Devine hymn and we still nearly died, due to the double DOT. I am filming footage tonight of the remaining 2 HoO bosses and Ill do Brim Batrol aswell.

Would really appreciate subs, likes/dislikes, comments etc. My channel got 67th most viewed today which is pretty insane for a channel with less than 50 subs. Got a message from youtube asking me to link an adsense account to my videos, so might be able to make a small amount monthly if I keep the videos coming which I plan to do now. All feedback is loved, tell me what you want to see, anything I am happy to film, class spells, gear, bosses etc etc.

thanks for these OP!!

extremely nice vids!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just fraps the first boss and the Nature boss. Rendering now should be online in an hour

Rahj room seems to copy XT's room almost perfectly ˆˆ

Good vids as always. 105k health in greens... Fairly sure tanks will hit 150k HP by the end of T11 ! Maybe even more than that. Amazing =)