Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And there you go GC quote :

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This ability has a lot of history because we tried it once before. For the Cataclysm version, we received a lot of feedback originally that Heroic Leap just didn't distinguish itself enough from Charge etc. any more. This is a world with Juggernaut and Warbringer after all. We discussed that feedback and understood where warriors were coming from, so we redesigned it so that players could choose where they would leap to. We think the current implementation has lot of different uses. No, it can't get you over canyons or up to ledges, but how often will those case legitimately arise? The potential exploits were the ability that unfettered would be enormous, and reducing those is what let us offer Heoic Leap as it is in the first place. It's a useful ability now. We can experiment with visual effect and height and that sort of thing. I understand from reading this thread that there are players who would design a different ability were they in our shoes. That's fine. This is a subjective business

I'd much rather see it work as Intervene Mk2 rather then another charge... we're already getting Blitz and Throwdown...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaminho View Post
    give it to paladins and give warrior Old Gods grip( lal) so they can wear a third weapon in their teeth ^^ hahaha
    Santoryu anyone?

Deleted
    Meh, Heroic Leap just looks like a glorified Charge, where people can macro in it with a /y "ARCANITE REAPER, HOOOOOO!".

It's fanservice, in my eyes.

Where other classes seem to be getting a lot of useful spells, I'm just not sold on Heroic Leap being anything other than a cool gimmick.

But hey, it's only beta so far and they might pull out a great spell in the end.

Hahahahah, so right now it's basically pimped up charge which damages 3 or so targets provided they stand in like 6y radius. They removed TC effect (can't really picture how big of a retard would someone have to be to bitch about it) AND now they removed the possibility of jumping on the ledges. Why do I get the feeling that if not scrapped completely, they will gimp the damage or reduce it to 1 target.

credits: Supernerd

If not a thunderclap, how about then a death-from-above / Alley-oop power strike.

Deleted
    If you can't jump up in the Z axis and can't jump over gaps that kinda defeats allot of the entire idea.
    Still,targetable is usefull if you just HAVE to make it to the pillar in time.

I'm looking at you wizard cleaves.

"Warriors - A new way to charge in every expansion"

I'm asuming in the following expansion we'll get 'Furious Intervening Swoop'. (note, this will not allow users to 'swoop' nor will it be in any way 'furious'. Think of it instead like Intervene but 6 inches off the ground (note 'off the ground' is cosmetic and will not allow you to mount kerbs or cross puddles)).

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much a nerf, well the TC aspect isnt, but the animation is so retarded, wtb Pre wrath animation, and also, i think they need to fix the LoS, i mean it kinda defeasts the point in it? Also can they make it so you dont just do /roar...that isnt really very heroic. After all this i think heroic leap would be worth being an 85 ability, but even still we should not be forced to make blizzard learn not to hype an ability that they once had (that was cool then removed) then re add it back, with some gay aspects.

And whoever said Heroic throw is pointless/worthless, well its basically a ranged execute, only I seem to hit harder with Heroic throw than my "execute" ability. I love it, that and its just hilarious to throw a warglaive at a low level Horde.
    Last edited by Rend; 2010-09-06 at 03:39 PM.

i dont see why not just make it in the fury tree and have it similar to the way it was b4 and give us a new ability at 85

10+ Year Old Account
    All i can say is if i can't jump up the bridge in Arena or up on the tomb... that ability won,t be on my bars.

Oh and instead of Thunderclap it should do a warstomp like effect. 0.5 sec stun or something
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

IMO it should be like Pandamonium's (from Heroes of Newerth) Cannon Ball ability. You have to target somewhere on the ground (like Blizzard/Rain of Fire etc) and the Warrior would jump there, resulting in a stun if he hits a target. If the Warrior fails to hit a target it would result in slowing himself instead. It would require some skill and it would be a nice combo along with Bladestorm.

Cannon Ball: (taken from http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/heroview.php?hid=110)
    Throw self toward target location over 0.95 seconds. Upon landing, damages enemies in a 200 radius for 100 / 175 / 250 / 325 Physical damage and stuns them for 0.75 / 1.25 / 1.75 / 2.25 seconds.
    Slows self by 60% for 2 seconds if no enemies in a 200 radius are hit.

These numbers ofc wouldn't work in WoW, but you get the idea.

Here is a video of the spell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YIHKKM_yFc

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree, Im gonna say this again, but what the hell was the point in them hyping so much about it, to only give us this...sorry its not quite worth an 85ability, I either want it to be removed and give us something else amazingly cool and at the same time useful (and not a dps increase ability) or change heroic leap to how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend View Post
    I totally agree, Im gonna say this again, but what the hell was the point in them hyping so much about it, to only give us this...sorry its not quite worth an 85ability, I either want it to be removed and give us something else amazingly cool and at the same time useful (and not a dps increase ability) or change heroic leap to how it should be.
    ^^ entirely, i'm missing where everyone is like OMG ITS SO DIFFERENT FROM CHARGE. Alright from what i understand, you can target some place on the ground and run to it... OH DAM so it's like charge... but you don't have to necesarily charge to an enemy??? that's so incredibly different, as someone already said the up axis won't be happening really, it'll be for visual affects don't expect to go jumping onto random buildings that you couldn't get on before with this thing, let alone those pillars in the arena. Mages get hero/lust, Hunters get invis/steath, warriors get charge.. i mean heroic leap.

offtopic

didnt blizzard add heroic leap to demo locks metamorphosis aswell, or was that taken out?

I think the change adding 100% weapon damage is good. It makes it a ranged attack + gap closer in one. Still lackluster however. Back when this was in the WOTLK beta it had a purpose. Mobility wasn't like it is now with Juggernaut and Warbringer as GC said. We have to ask ourselves if this is an ability we really need? I think now is a perfect opportunity to provide a lot of feedback and shit-can a mediocre ability. In return we can possibly get an ability that's much more devastating. Something to be feared like every max level ability before it.

On another thread a member posted this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQMBIRipp5A . 37 seconds in of a heroic leap. If Blizzard would implement this I would be satisfied. Now THAT looks like a bone snapping ability that could possibly reduce armor or apply some unique debuff. This would instill some fear

Second Edit: damn thats a good video
    Last edited by kinetiks; 2010-09-06 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    It will probably get removed . . . again, i see it as a pointless addition.

This, it's going to be another wasted effort.

Deleted
    Yeah, that's the thing, 85 ability and does... quite the same, talented charge even stuns two more objetives so... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nezahna View Post
    offtopic

didnt blizzard add heroic leap to demo locks metamorphosis aswell, or was that taken out?
    Yes, they added it to demo locks, however; their heroic leap works more like the druid "kitty charge" so you CAN leap from a lower level to a higher level and/or over things... making it more useful than the current beta warrior version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    dont the clones summoned from valkyr trash in icc have all the cata abilities?
    Some of the yes, they got a 30sec stun 2 thats is so fucking annoying!