Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    lol what? paladins cannot cast those 2 spells on people not within their raid/groups. so what exactly is the point of this thread, besides you being a complete fucktard?
    That is exactly the point of the thread.
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    I think by "group" they meant "raid" too. Unless it's already raid/party only.

If it would be group only, it's PvE use would be equal to 0. Unless the specificaly design encounters with LoFing for example tanks or some particular targets in mind.

But hey, PvP skill indeed.
    This is correct, just like any paladin hand spells and divine intervention you must be in a raid group or party with someone to use it on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tranquility is also being changed to reach the whole raid anyway as it is.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... I can't believe you'd QQ for that. Also, it could be raid available for all you know. Besides, people can click off the pallies grief, but they can't evade yours, so yea, be glad it wasn't taken out like Blinding Shield :P (If it was taken out, can't remember :S)
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Ye sure, if im not happy with something blame stuff on paladins >.> typical

Alright /repost, group means party or raid, PARTY means 5 man, group is in general. Cant imagine what kind of griefing could happen... jump off a cliff and pull someone with you :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Wow... I can't believe you'd QQ for that. Also, it could be raid available for all you know. Besides, people can click off the pallies grief, but they can't evade yours, so yea, be glad it wasn't taken out like Blinding Shield :P (If it was taken out, can't remember :S)
    Actually it is something worth QQing for. If LoF was only usable on the 4 other people in your select party instead of the whole raid, it would lose a lot of it's flexibility because you wouldn't be able to use it on any random member who might be standing in the fire. Instead, it would become a situational spell where in you pre-set the groups to make sure the priest can grip any of those 4 people because of the specific fight design. It would be something worth QQing about -if- group meant party.

imagine standing on a ledge next to priest.. he jumps off with levitate and pulls you to your death.. funny scenario? not so much you may not do it but im certain someone would and it would be a pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fail Threat.
    Group =/= Party.

Edit:
    You can´t pull enemies with DG to you while falling, so you most certainly wont be able to use LoF either.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    imagine standing on a ledge next to priest.. he jumps off with levitate and pulls you to your death.. funny scenario? not so much you may not do it but im certain someone would and it would be a pain in the ass.
    Its like a dk casting water walking in toc10/25 after 4th boss is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    yes but you can just cancel path of frost you cant do that with leap of faith.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    That's actually the most retarded mechanic ever. They should have hotfixed that somehow, for example by adding an autoslowfall there or no fall damage from the water. I've seen pugs disband over it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Just like how Death Knights can Death Grip people off cliffs! Except they can't! Because it doesn't work that way!

It won't let you kill people by pulling them off cliffs. You need to be on the ground, just like Death Grip.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm pretty sure Ghostcrawler meant party and raid... and DI is getting removed in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Just like how Death Knights can Death Grip people off cliffs! Except they can't! Because it doesn't work that way!

It won't let you kill people by pulling them off cliffs. You need to be on the ground, just like Death Grip.
    You can LoF them into some kind of fire or other dangerous place. I actually wonder how many priests will wipe raids and groups like that. DKs were wiping people with DG, but LoF has the potential to be milion times worse.

But hey, in good groups, it'll probably be good and fun.

Also, what was the point of making a new thread about this instead of posting in one of the two other threads about Leap of Faith which this has already been discussed in? If you had bothered reading them you would have seen that this thread is completely pointless.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    That's actually the most retarded mechanic ever. They should have hotfixed that somehow, for example by adding an autoslowfall there or no fall damage from the water. I've seen pugs disband over it, lol.
    There is a fix for it. It's called, "Look down when you hit the water."

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    Great..... just like Tranquility.

I am obviously not gonna grief players with this, this is absolute bullcrap.

If paladins can "accidently" grief players with Hand of Protection/Divine Intervention, then why don't you just remove/edit to group only those??

Blizz always giving paladins the upper hand again.
    I think by 'group only' he meant to say group and raid. Lots of spell says group only that works on raids too.

It's so you don't grief that random person trying to mine and ninja his node.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Actually it is something worth QQing for. If LoF was only usable on the 4 other people in your select party instead of the whole raid, it would lose a lot of it's flexibility because you wouldn't be able to use it on any random member who might be standing in the fire. Instead, it would become a situational spell where in you pre-set the groups to make sure the priest can grip any of those 4 people because of the specific fight design. It would be something worth QQing about -if- group meant party.
    It's already a situational spell regardless of whether or not you can use it in a raid or only party members. The majority of high end raids won't even use this, it's more designed for pvp anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    GC said group wise, but he meant raid and party (both = group).
    It's 99% likely to be this. Do not read into what GC says so specifically, he makes a shocking amount of grammatical errors. (Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-Crawler, just be realistic guys n' gals)

It's not the first time, it won't be the last.

Locked due to hysteria.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-09-05 at 07:01 PM.