Vital Remains
    Cannibal Corpse
    Decapitated
    Faceless
    Be'lakor
    Nile
    BloodBath
    Deicide

Tell me that isn't good music. Death to the childish crap that is Deathcore, Grindcore, Emo and Screamo.
    Screw Avenged Sevenfold, Mainstream sell outs, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber.
    And worst of all, that BrokenNCyde.

All you little kids and your mainstream no-talent music, come at me. I want to laugh at your feeble attempt.

Come at me, bro. If you say this music is shit then you are a hipster moron.

I'm listening to 80's ManoWar, which would be the "big kids" or the "bullies" of that time. It's really sad how pussified the world has become.
    Last edited by mmocfa68e1f4f9; 2010-09-06 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantaurus View Post
    Hammerfall
    ManoWar from the 80's
    Rhapsody of Fire
    I love these. Haven't heard others on your list, if it's something like this three, i'll try.

Deleted
    =]

Most of those are Heavy Metal/Power Metal

The rest are actually proper emo-hating Death Metal that is pretty different.

Solution .45 and Scar Symmetry are Melodic Death Metal but are sort of, kinda, similar to the above three which are good.

how is emo more manly than deathcore, i have a brother that plays bass for a deathcore band and it's the heaviest shit i have ever heard.
    Too bad it doesn't follow a consistent melody and rythem.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Deleted
    I never said Emo is more manly than death core.
    Unless you think my sarcastic, attention grabbing title relates to the music I love and have listed on my original post. Which it certainly does not.
    Emo is the worst of all.

Deleted
    Hammerfall: Hammer of Justice. FTW.

Awww another guy who thinks he is special and tough because he listens to heavy metal, Isn't it cute ladies and gentlemen.

I'm listening to 80's ManoWar, which would be the "big kids" or the "bullies" of that time. It's really sad how pussified the world has become.
    Yah bullies are cool! It's really sad you and your perm live in the 1980's still.
    Last edited by tequila333; 2010-09-06 at 09:00 AM.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Opinion is opinion.

I hate it.

Some like it.

Why make a thread about it?

It's like me making a thread that says: APPLES ARE FKN AWESOME
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

While I dislike BrokeNCYDE above most other acts today and don't find alot of the others much better either, this thread seems to come off bit unnecessary.

While you listed some death metal bands I don't mind either I would also be willing to criticize a big part of the metal band list. I don't think much of Rhapsody of Fire, Hammerfall or ManoWar at all. They too are extremely boring to me.

I know rebellion is part of many subcultures, many metal scenes included, and disliking other genres is to be expected, but I would be interested in hearing more arguments in place of the tough guy chanting. Mental image formed by messages such as this is that if we were comparing nations, nation X would be made out the best in the world alone based on the fact they have the biggest army.

In reality I don't even see heavy metal as that "ballsy". It is one of the lightest subgenres of metal and not that rebellious at this time of the world. It is simply given the tough image by the random redneck (not refering to you here, just to specify) in a jean vest throwing his fist up the air and yelling; "UP THE IROOOOONS!"

What should be promoted are open criticism and conversation instead of simple hatred. It's much more interesting that way.
    Last edited by Keoren; 2010-09-06 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantaurus View Post
    Whatever got you through school, reject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    In what way arent they awesome btw? They may not look badass, but the may be amazing people...

Go get a hobby, fanny.

how is emo more manly than deathcore, i have a brother that plays bass for a deathcore band and it's the heaviest shit i have ever heard.
    Too bad it doesn't follow a consistent melody and rythem.
    Becasue most Metalheads consider Deathcore to be lame, fake, lack of good song structure and energy, un-talented crap etc.etc, while Death Metal is "the real shit".

While I do agree with everything in the OP, this thread is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    /facepalm, yes, let's post a pic with some gay fashion clothes and say "Pop, just becasue your music is awesome, doesn't mean you are."
    or T-shirts that are bigger than the man himself and big "bling-bling" chains "Rap, just becasue etc.etc..."

Those guys look NOTHING like what I would consider the "stereotype Metalhead" anyways...

EDIT: 4chan sucks.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Michael Romeo
    Jason Becker
    Vitalij Kuprij
    Ethan Brosh
    Jeff Loomis
    Buckethead
    Jordan Rudess

Not emo in any way shape or form but these artists can actually play music and are awesomely awesome. So awesome that their pure awesomeness is even better than cat. And we all know that cats are awesome.... Unlike Cannibal Corpse who seem to think that the concept of music is just that....a concept.

What's wrong with Cannibal Corpse? It's awesome! Great Battleground music :P!
    MAKE THEM SUFFER is my favorite track from them!
    They play technical death metal. Just because they don't make 'pretty' solos, doesn't mean they have no skill. L2Music.
    Death Metal bands usually have dissonant solos, because that makes them Death Metal.

What's wrong with Cannibal Corpse? It's awesome! Great Battleground music :P!
    MAKE THEM SUFFER is my favorite track from them!
    They play technical death metal. Just because they don't make 'pretty' solos, doesn't mean they have no skill. L2Music.
    Death Metal bands usually have dissonant solos, because that makes them Death Metal.
    First play some Cannibal Corpse, then some Morbid Saint, then some Behemoth to a guy who isnt used to extreme metal. While they are 3 different genres and 3 completely different bands, he will say that they all sound like talentless crap. Quote from a friend of me when he heard Deicide - Dead by Dawn: "How the fuck can u make a guitar sound that bad, why does the drummer sound like he's trying to win the 100m sprint in the OG (fast double bass) and why does the singer sound like he's trying to burp with a scissor down his throat?"

If we are talking about technical skill (not musical, technical) it's an expression saying that the 2 styles of music that require most intrumental skill are Death Metal and Jazz...

About CC, I only listen to the Barnes era. After Corpsegrinder joined it became more about image and "Hey guys, we are a brutal death metal band, we need to make BR00tal and t3cHn1ch4l moosic!". Which in my opinion caused the songwriting to become much worse.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    While I dislike BrokeNCYDE above most other acts today and don't find alot of the others much better either, this thread seems to come off bit unnecessary.
    I misread that as like and went to check them out. /sadpanda

What should be promoted are open criticism and conversation instead of simple hatred. It's much more interesting that way.
    And again, something I can wholeheartedly agree with coming from you. For shame, agreeing with someone on an online forum!

Don't know about most of those, but Hammerfall and Rhapsody ain't emo. They are awesome though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ---the point-->

--your head--