Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Cataclysm Dungeon Loot, Blue Posts, Comics

Cataclysm Dungeon - Updated Loot List
    More loot appeared on beta realms and we now have a good idea of what to expect in level 85 dungeons in normal mode. I'm not an expert in theorycrafting but I'm pretty sure that something like Wild Hammer will make you unequip your Shadowmourne. (Reminder: No screenshots yet, models aren't implemented)

ilvlTypeSpecSlotItem
    333DaggerMelee DPSOne-HandWindwalker Blade
    333DaggerSpellMain HandModgud's Blade
    333MaceTankOne-HandMace of Transformed Bone
    333MaceMeleeTwo-HandWild Hammer
    333Off-HandSpellOff-handBook of Origination
    333ShieldTankOff HandBulwark of the Primordial Mound
    333StaffHealTwo-HandSoul Releaser
    333StaffSpellTwo-HandStaff of Siphoned Essences
    333SwordMeleeOne-HandSun Strike
    333SwordSpellMain HandBlade of the Burning Sun
    333ThrownPhysicalThrownSlashing Thorns
    333WandSpell, HealRangedWand of Untainted Power
    333PlateTankHandsFingers of Light
    333PlateMeleeChestBreastplate of the Risen Land
    333PlateTankShoulderEarthshape Pauldrons
    333PlateMeleeWaistBelt of the Forgemaster
    333PlateTankWristArmguards of Unearthly Light
    333PlateHealLegsLegguards of Noon
    333PlateHealWristBracers of Umbral Mending
    333MailPhysicalFeetRed Scale Boots
    333MailPhysicalHeadWildhammer Riding Helm
    333MailPhysicalShoulderBloodpetal Mantle
    333MailSpell, HealFeetDark Iron Chain Boots
    333MailSpell, HealWaistBelt of Petrified Tears
    333LeatherPhysicalChestVest of Misshapen Hides
    333LeatherPhysicalWaistRed Beam Cord
    333LeatherPhysicalWristPoison Fang Bracers
    333LeatherSpell, HealChestCursed Skardyn Vest
    333LeatherSpell, HealFeetAwakening Footfalls
    333LeatherSpell, HealWaistUnderworld Cord
    333ClothHealFeetHekatic Slippers
    333ClothHealLegsCurse-Tainted Leggings
    333ClothHealWristCrimsonborne Bracers
    333ClothSpellChestRobes of Rampant Growth
    333ClothSpellHeadCrown of Enfeebled Bodies
    333ClothSpellLegsLegwraps of Astral Rain
    333CloakTankBackShroud of Dark Memories
    333CloakHealBackSolar Wind Cloak
    333CloakHealBackAzureborne Cloak
    333FingerMeleeFingerNova Band
    333FingerTankFingerTemple Band
    333FingerMeleeFingerUmbriss Band
    333FingerMeleeFingerCircle of Bone
    333FingerPhysicalFingerRing of Blinding Stars
    333FingerPhysicalFingerRing of Dun Algaz
    333FingerHealFingerBand of Life Energy
    333FingerSpellFingerBand of Rays
    333FingerSpellFingerAbandoned Dark Iron Ring
    333NeckTankNeckDarkhowl Amulet
    333NeckMeleeNeckSeedling Pod
    333NeckMeleeNeckMouth of the Earth
    333NeckSpellNeckCharm of the Muse
    333TrinketTankTrinketThrongus's Finger
    333TrinketHealTrinketBlood of Isiset
    333TrinketHealTrinketCorrupted Egg Shell
    333TrinketMeleeTrinketRight Eye of Rajh
    333TrinketMeleeTrinketMark of Khardros
    333TrinketPhysicalTrinketLeft Eye of Rajh
    333TrinketPhysicalTrinketSkardyn's Grace
    333TrinketSpellTrinketAnhuur's Hymnal
    333TrinketSpellTrinketGale of Shadows

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Downranking
    The problem with downranking that we hated, and the reason we killed it, wasn't because players were being clever by using cheaper heals when they needed a smaller heal. That's good gameplay and the kind of thing the new model should reward. The part of downranking that was broken, was that the coefficients matter so much more than the base points that you could maintain mana forever by casting a heal that was only slightly less effective. That wasn't gaming the numbers. That was breaking them. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Healing as ... retribution
    I said holy gear in a ret spec. And why would the heals be small? In a raid environment, the ret spec could have as much as 2000 more sp than a similarly geared holy paladin because of Sheath of Light and various buffs to AP. This alone would show how little scaling of healing spells the holy tree provides.
    We'll look into it and make sure it's not viable. We've certainly had cases in the past where the conversion factors that let Ret not be terrible at healing look really attractive to someone actually wearing healing gear. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Heroic Leap
    This ability has a lot of history because we tried it once before. For the Cataclysm version, we received a lot of feedback originally that Heroic Leap just didn't distinguish itself enough from Charge etc. any more. This is a world with Juggernaut and Warbringer after all. We discussed that feedback and understood where warriors were coming from, so we redesigned it so that players could choose where they would leap to. We think the current implementation has lot of different uses. No, it can't get you over canyons or up to ledges, but how often will those case legitimately arise? The potential exploits were the ability that unfettered would be enormous, and reducing those is what let us offer Heoic Leap as it is in the first place. It's a useful ability now. We can experiment with visual effect and height and that sort of thing. I understand from reading this thread that there are players who would design a different ability were they in our shoes. That's fine. This is a subjective business. (Source)

Slam
    Slam is a controversial ability for sure, but we know there are Arms warriors who considered the height of skill of their class to be when they had to line up the Slam swing time in between their Mortal Strikes. It's not for everyone, for sure, but with Improved Slam and Bloodsurge and being able to move, it really isn't asking too much of you. Yeah you'll screw it up sometimes, but it won't be a catastrophic dps loss when you do.

We've seen just a ton of feedback in the past few weeks on lots of different abilities for different classes that essentially comes down to "X is too hard to use." We think overall that WoW's combat is pretty forgiving. We really don't think this is the time where we need to be making everything much harder to screw up. Simple is good. Confusing is bad. But abilities or rotations that are challenging are good for the game to a point. (Source)

MMO Report
    Someone stole Casey for the week, but the MMO Report is still around!

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comics #254 and Teh Gladiators #164 + #165 are out.

Looks like Blizzard is actually making 1h strength swords. Wow. Also, something tells me that those trinkets are not complete at all. And yay for MMO-Report.

Boub, there's two cloaks and two trinkets you have labelled purely as 'Heal.' However these would potentially be awesome +Hit caster cloaks for both Moonkin and Elemental shammies. Even the +mana feature on the trinkets is hard to pigeonhole as healer in Cata it seems, since mana will be more of an issue for offensive specs as well.

So yeah, apart from actual Cloth items, I don't think you can take +spirit to mean 'healer'?

Edit: Same applies to rings.

15+ Year Old Account
    that loot looks really great also good comics like alway's

I wanna see lvl 85 dungeon loot.Hope they are blues and not welfare epix again.

I thought they were going to get rid of spellpower?

Deleted
    In before "guild wars copying warlocks QQ!"

Great MMO-Report

Quote Originally Posted by Gerti View Post
    SP is only on weapons. Otherwise you would need 2000+ int on a wepon to make it worthy

Deleted
    @Gerti:
    Partly... they get rid of it on every slot EXCEPT for weapons. Because they would otherwise have to put a shitload of Int on those, which would result in too big manapools.
    AND they want casters to enjoy a weapon-upgrade nearly as much as melee... not *meh, 50 SP more*, but more like "woohoo, new weapon!", which is why they said they'd put quite a lot of SP on our weapons.

Gerti- To avoid massive mana pools by having 2k int on a weapon, blizz put SP ONLY on weapons, accounting for 1/3 of our total SP.

Only on armor. On weapons, spellpower stays.

*drools* WTB this guy doing the MMO report topless again!!

Oh sorry totally missed the new loot etc .. got distracted ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this was neat!!!

The high amounts of spellpower on weapons does not come from the item stats budged, its a substitute for weapon dps (you might notice that caster-weapons have far lower weapon dps).

For melee dps, the weapon is the most important slot because of the weapons dps. It makes it very important for a melee to have an up to date weapon since a good weapon increases damage more than updating any other slot of gear could.

weapon-dps substitute spellpower is there to make sure casters also get a big increase in damage by switching to a higher level weapon. The weapon's item level is supposed to increase the players action's raw power. If it was int instead of spellpower, it would also greatly increase mana and thus make it crucial for healers to have the highest level weapon available.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is actually making 1h strength swords. Wow. Also, something tells me that those trinkets are not complete at all. And yay for MMO-Report.
    Strength one handers are for Frost DKs and Fury Warriors who specced into Single minded fury instead of titan's grip. Blizzard confirmed this months ago.

Trinkets seem fine, this is from the level 85 reg dungeon, not heroic.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    i would never unequip shadowmourne for that stupid hammer

Deleted
    That is some fucked up shit about Final Fantasy. I was really looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    Boub, there's two cloaks and two trinkets you have labelled purely as 'Heal.' However these would potentially be awesome +Hit caster cloaks for both Moonkin and Elemental shammies. Even the +mana feature on the trinkets is hard to pigeonhole as healer in Cata it seems, since mana will be more of an issue for offensive specs as well.

So yeah, apart from actual Cloth items, I don't think you can take +spirit to mean 'healer'?

Edit: Same applies to rings.
    blizz said healers will have way more mana problems than dps who use mana. all dps specs that use mana have talents to keep their mana up while dpsing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.