Possible new idea Blizz could impliment.

Had this thought for some time. I think it would make the game more immersive if it was implemented. My idea is realistic gravity which basically means as you fall you pick up speed. Would be especially cool when nose diving on a flying mount as it will be going faster and faster, giving a real great feeling of speed and actual movement.

But hey its just an idea.

Everything reaches a velocity where you just don't fall faster (Terminal velocity? Something like that) assume that we all fall at that speed, all the time. Because of the Sunwell.

There, I just made it make sense in wow lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Wouldn't be able to implement an actual physics system into the game, but no reason there couldn't be a 'fake' physics system that causes you to move faster when going down a hill, or going in a downwards direction in the air, either on a mount or while actually falling.

An actual physics system being implemented at this point in the game though would just be disastrous.

Deleted
    It's a good idea but it would just be exploited loads and would be near impossible to balance.

gravity is already in the game, however there is no gravity involved in the current flying mount mechanics (basically swimming in air). they could do something where you have to hold a button to maintain flight and you can let go of the button and fall really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Wouldn't be able to implement an actual physics system into the game, but no reason there couldn't be a 'fake' physics system that causes you to move faster when going down a hill, or going in a downwards direction in the air, either on a mount or while actually falling.

An actual physics system being implemented at this point in the game though would just be disastrous.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

faking player gravity = nifty
    a full on physics engine = spartan brand madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast View Post
    (Terminal velocity?)
    Correct term

As for terminal velocity in WoW, Azeroth is not earth, so therefore might be smaller in mass, so the pull of gravity isn't as powerful.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Forget Gravity...I want a Dive jump. I want to be able to fall face first. More importantly, I wnat to be able to Dive into the water, rather then just jump in like I would on any other surface.

Can't wait to dive off of Hodir's Throne in Stormpeaks only to Bubble at the last second. (For an idea of how that would look, see Iron Man's entrance in the second movie)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Well Zethras the mass of Azeroth is big enough to cause us not to float around, we still jump and come back down rather sharpish. Even the fake physics like Herc mentioned would add more depth to the game, making it more involving, like the flying and gliding animation of flying mounts (which atm is bugged gg Blizz) makes the whole process of flying across a featureless wasteland a bit less monotonous.

Oblivion had a full physics engine in 2006, which although clunky adds a lot to the gaming experience. I wouldn't be surprised if we'd eventually start seeing physics accelerator cards similar to the graphics accelerator cards.

darn those "Malygos" fights would become even more annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Correct term

As for terminal velocity in WoW, Azeroth is not earth, so therefore might be smaller in mass, so the pull of gravity isn't as powerful.
    are you sure? because in the culling of stratholme, near the end, arthas yells out"I will hunt you to the ends of the earth Mal'ganis! you hear me? The ends of the earth!!!" now why would Arthas be using the word earth... if hes in azeroth... continuity error blizz???

I want it to be like Gears of War. Kill an ally and KICK his body around!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePotato View Post
    Had this thought for some time. I think it would make the game more immersive if it was implemented. My idea is realistic gravity which basically means as you fall you pick up speed. Would be especially cool when nose diving on a flying mount as it will be going faster and faster, giving a real great feeling of speed and actual movement.

But hey its just an idea.
    Would be cool for the flying mounts, but a few reasons come to mind as why Blizzard doesn't do it (World PvP / Farming exploits), but I think there is already some sort of gravity in the game though. Last time i fell a significant distance on my rogue (Couple thousand feet), I fell relatively slow for the first 4 seconds, then it picked up some and eventually hit terminal velocity. But falling off a short hill you won't notice this.

I want it to be like Oblivion. So I can hold the Z key and drag the body into a compromising position...