Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    I we have different views of passive damage. To me, "passive damage" is essential "/startattack and /afk." Now I could be wrong, but I doubt I could do 9-13k dps (depending on fight) by doing that.
    passive is things that are generated passively once autoattack has begun...autoattack obvoiusly, maelstrom charges, windfury procs, static shock procs.

all you have to do is stay close to a target and hit a spell when you reach 5 charges. Id like it if my playing my character accounted for more then 30% of my damage.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 07:59 PM ----------

Neichus, quite simply the people who say enhancement is "great but hard" are the people who are a cut above the rest. they are the people who can make a crappy spec on a crappy class in a bad comp work, because they are just that good at it.

If they put as much dedication and enjoyment in a known to be competitive class/spec they would do better.

Myself i have a few years more experience with my enh shaman then my deathknight or mage or rogue. I have more interest in playing pvp and more practice in it with my shaman then the others. However, even when just first picking up a DK/Mage/rogue in pvp they seem to be both notceably easier to play, and have a higher skill cap, meaning i start out on a higher plane of competitiveness with them, and i feel i max out on a higher one then i could with my shaman.

Its not even grass is greener like i thought it would be, it just works better.

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    passive is things that are generated passively once autoattack has begun...autoattack obvoiusly, maelstrom charges, windfury procs, static shock procs.

all you have to do is stay close to a target and hit a spell when you reach 5 charges. Id like it if my playing my character accounted for more then 30% of my damage.
    I hope that's not how you play your shaman =x
    What I'm trying to say is that if you didn't use your abilities in the correct order, your damage in other areas would go down. You wouldn't crit with white attacks or WF nearly as much if you didn't hit those spells to proc elemental devastation, you wouldn't get as many static shock procs without stormstriking, you wouldn't have the haste buff from Flame Shock if you didn't use it and consequently all your other damage would be lower. The list goes on and on. Again, I agree with you. We should be accounting for more of our damage, but your definition of passive definitely needs some tweaking. They are passive abilities, but you cannot look at a parse and say "Okay, I did 18k DPS on Saurfang. That means that if I go afk next time I should be doing about 12.6k DPS," which is what I'm hearing you say here. Maybe you're not, forums ftl.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    I hope that's not how you play your shaman =x
    What I'm trying to say is that if you didn't use your abilities in the correct order, your damage in other areas would go down. You wouldn't crit with white attacks or WF nearly as much if you didn't hit those spells to proc elemental devastation, you wouldn't get as many static shock procs without stormstriking, you wouldn't have the haste buff from Flame Shock if you didn't use it and consequently all your other damage would be lower. The list goes on and on. Again, I agree with you. We should be accounting for more of our damage, but your definition of passive definitely needs some tweaking. They are passive abilities, but you cannot look at a parse and say "Okay, I did 18k DPS on Saurfang. That means that if I go afk next time I should be doing about 12.6k DPS," which is what I'm hearing you say here. Maybe you're not, forums ftl.
    would you feel better to say that 70% of our dps comes from passive generators? basically the things i listed are too passive, or at least it takes into account too much of our damage and some of them need adjusting.

I dont see how we could adjust autoattack really, windfury people would cry about but would be easier to adjust then maelstrom. static shock needs reworked/scrapped. Saw an idea of scaling the damage down but have its damage apply to every strike/shock. while not less passive, it would serve two things, one is that it would provide a bit of punch in pvp melee mechanics, and would make enh shamans feel a bit different then other melee.

your right, i cant really look at our damage and see 10k dps, and figure 7k is completly from autoattacking, however its not far off, what im saying is there isnt enough reward for the attention we give to dps.

but im not saying we can afk, like i said maelstrom you have to actually hit a button, but its essentially whack a mole, you dont have control when the mole comes up, you just have to hit it. But its also a interesting mechanic in itself and hard to balance to be more involved in the generation of stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    would you feel better to say that 70% of our dps comes from passive generators? basically the things i listed are too passive, or at least it takes into account too much of our damage and some of them need adjusting.

I dont see how we could adjust autoattack really, windfury people would cry about but would be easier to adjust then maelstrom. static shock needs reworked/scrapped. Saw an idea of scaling the damage down but have its damage apply to every strike/shock. while not less passive, it would serve two things, one is that it would provide a bit of punch in pvp melee mechanics, and would make enh shamans feel a bit different then other melee.

your right, i cant really look at our damage and see 10k dps, and figure 7k is completly from autoattacking, however its not far off, what im saying is there isnt enough reward for the attention we give to dps.

but im not saying we can afk, like i said maelstrom you have to actually hit a button, but its essentially whack a mole, you dont have control when the mole comes up, you just have to hit it. But its also a interesting mechanic in itself and hard to balance to be more involved in the generation of stacks.
    A 50% passive split is pretty much where current testing puts beta Enh. We'll have to see how things play out with the newest patch, but tests put passive damage at ~47% of our damage. Also, Static shock was already changed to proc off of SS and LL.