Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zul'Gurub quests -spoilers-

In light of the announcement that Zul'Gurub is not gonna be a raid instance anymore, I decided to take my hunter to Northern Stranglethorn to see if there are any relevant quests about Zul'Gurub, that might explain what is gonna happen to it, and to my suprise, it had some pretty awesome quests!

I haven't seen any other threads discussing the quests, the closest one is the "Why is ZG gone", but after doing alot of the quests, I deemed this worthy of it's own thread.

Warning, spoilers below!!!

Starting in Grom'Gol, you are ordered to clear out some raptor eggs by the commander (he specifically says you don't have to kill the raptors themselves, cause the Nesingwary lunatics will take care of it, and guess what quests you get if you go to their expedition camp!).
    After destroying the eggs, you notice that one Raptor baby has hatched, but seems to take a liking towards you.
    After discussing with a Far Seer in the camp, you decide to take care of it, feeding it with Murlocs and such.
    Whilst out hunting for trolls, the Raptor takes special interest in a skull, and you decide to take it to Nimboya (The troll that can make skulls talk, somehow), and you find out it's a troll that wants revenge, and a body.

After giving him a body from one of the troll leaders, and some other stuff needed, he is summoned back into the physical realm!
    But uh oh, guess who it is!

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9...0710085811.jpg

After this little encounter, Nimboya tells you to go to the troll village of Bambala outside of Zul'Gurub, to ask the trolls there what to do.
    The priestess there asks you to go get reagents so you can first use mind vision on your little Raptor friend to see what is going on, and then makes you get reagents to use a mind control spell, so you will control the Raptor, trying to escape from Zul'Gurub!
    This is a pretty sweet little quest, as you try to dodge the troll watchers trying to catch you and return you, meanwhile creating distractions, and making trolls fall of bridges!

22 Screenshots of it here;
    http://img832.imageshack.us/gal.php?...0710183003.jpg

Ofcourse, as you can see, just when you are about to leave, Jin'do the Hexxer gets in your way!
    And he knows it was YOU who mind controlled the raptor, and dares you to return, cause if you do, Jin'do has a suprise for you!
    As you reveal this to Rastakhans envoy (Rastakhan is the troll king btw), he mentions that something has to be done, but he has to wait until Rastakhans official orders before he can react.

Thinking this was the end of the Zul'Gurub quests, I happily continued questing, until I got a mission to spy on a troll we are all familiar with, Zanzil.
    Jin'do appears, asking Zanzil to come back to Zul'Gurub and use his potions and elixir to resurrect the High Priests Jeklik and Venoxis!
    Chabal (a troll questgiver), upon finding this out, orders you to go back and kill Zanzil, before he gets a chance to do so!
    But as you approach his ruins, you see a portal, revealing that he has already left!
    Realising that you're too late, you decide to head after him, into the portal, into Zul'Gurub, to try and disrupt his evil rituals...

19 screenshots of it here;
    http://img820.imageshack.us/gal.php?...0710202716.jpg

This is all I got for now, but I'm gonna keep questing in Stranglethorn to see if there are any more quests that takes you into Zul'Gurub, and shed any light on what is gonna happen to this sub-zone.

So feel free to discuss, what do you think is going to happen?
    Will I find more quests that will finish this sub-zones story, or will it be completed as a possible new Dungeon/future content patch, or maybe even a new raid? (Yes, I know about the blue post, but who knows what Blizzard got planned)

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! Thank you.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 at least they did something cool with a great under appreciated zone.
    i love fun quests like that
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

Deleted
    all i can say... AWESOME

if its true!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice find, thanks!
    Probably through a series of flashbacks (phased quests) we will uncover the secret of the downfall of Zul'Gurub.
    (their god killed by a ragtag team of 20 loonatics?)
    For the Emperor.

Deleted
    Testudine, do you feel, after having done all quest-lines, that the entire Zul'Gurub area has been decently explored and enjoyed?

that whole chain is awesome :3

I'm wondering whats with that raptor ;p i dont want to hope but maybe a mount ? or atleast a pet ? ;p that would be fun ;p
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

Can we still get rep with zandalar and if so do tehy sell mounts thats what i want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Testudine, do you feel, after having done all quest-lines, that the entire Zul'Gurub area has been decently explored and enjoyed?
    No.
    If you look at this map;
    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4...0710212600.jpg

The red line is the way you walk with the raptor, all the other ways are blocked by many guards that are impossible to avoid.
    The black line, is the way you take/teleport when dealing with the High Priests.

As you can see, the whole northern part of Zul'Gurub is still "unexplored" as far as questing goes.
    That's why I am keen to continue questing in the Northern/Cape of Stranglethorn, to see if any more quests take you in there.

As all these quests have clearly stated, Jin'do wants to bring Hakkar back, but he is very, very weak.
    So I want to know, will we as players get a quest to go in there and finish of them/Hakkar once and for all, or will Blizzard maybe make it a dungeon or leave it until a future content patch?
    Oh, the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord-Kromgar View Post
    Can we still get rep with zandalar and if so do tehy sell mounts thats what i want to know
    I get no rep with the Zandalar so far, and I haven't explored what used to be their old island yet.
    However, quest texts from "Chabal" says "I am the one that stayed behind when the rest of the Zandalar traveled home", or something like that, so I assumed they are either removed, thus exalted becoming (if it isn't already) a feat of strength, or they have relocated somewhere else.
    Last edited by Testudine; 2010-09-07 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for answering my question. Zul'Gurub is a lovely looking zone. People should be encouraged to explore it through quests.

As for the Zandalar base at Yojamba Isle, I remember having seen a new, similar looking camp, practically next to the Zul'Gurub entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Thanks for answering my question. Zul'Gurub is a lovely looking zone. People should be encouraged to explore it through quests.

As for the Zandalar base at Yojamba Isle, I remember having seen a new, similar looking camp, practically next to the Zul'Gurub entrance.
    Yes, that's the "Bambala" village, but it's run by Darkspears, except for Rastakhans envoy.
    Although it does look a little bit empty, so it could possibly get filled up later.

As Rastakhans guy said, he needs to wait until official word from Rastakhan, so maybe in a content patch, they decide that finally he has gotten the "go ahead" for whatever they want to do, and make the Zandalar come back?

There better be an alliance version of this!

(although I have lvl 80 alliance and horde characters)

Great investigation into it. Keep us posted with more info from the quest line, please!
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

they wont sell mounts that would loose their coolness
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Alas, I have hit a dead end with a bugged quest that I can't complete. I have looked in all the known towns in the Cape, and done 'em all, except this one I can't complete.
    As I haven't gotten the achievement (60 quests in the Cape), I'm assuming there are gonna be more quests unlocked after this one then just 1 or 2, so it seems like we are stuck waiting until the next beta build for the fix, IF it gets fixed.

If were lucky, there's an alliance side of this quest, and hopefully they can complete the quests and inform us of what happens!

10+ Year Old Account
    dear god that looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLobster View Post
    There better be an alliance version of this!

(although I have lvl 80 alliance and horde characters)
    There is. The vision/mind control quest comes in Fort Livingston and the earlier part runs via the Rebel Camp.

Is there a trick to the bridge part? After the second bridge, as soon as I cross I get caught right away.

I did the Alliance quests and I have a feeling that from the way they left it hanging that we will be seeing Zul'Gurub as a possible 5-man dungeon at some point.

15+ Year Old Account
    No need to keep looking for more quests that lead you to Zul'Gurub, as you've already done all that are currently available. (assuming that you finished the Zanzil questchain.)

Instead, wait until Cataclysm is released to re-visit Stranglethorn Vale and the questchain with the small raptor might continue.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan