Western Digital 1TB Black 3,5", SATA
    Western Digital 1TB Black 3,5", SATA

XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5
    XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5

Plextor Blu-ray PX-B940SA

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate OEM

Samsung 24" LCD Syncmaster 2494HM

Or alienware m17x with this spec:

Intel® Core™ i7 740QM (1.73 Ghz, 6MB, 4C)

CrossFire™ Dual 1GB ATI® Mobility Radeon™ HD 5870

6144 MB 1333 MHz tokanals DDR3 SDRAM

43cm (17") Wide UXGA (1920x1200) - Beyond HD (1200p) RGBLED

Blu-Ray ROM combo.

And btw, the first one is not cheap ^.^
    So what do you think, should i go for the laptop ?

So much wasted money there in the desktop build... 18GB RAM? Windows Ultimate? i7 975? Motherboard? And the PSU is too weak for SLI.

Both are bad but for differetn reasons.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

ok, why is the alienware bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by aimless View Post
    ok, why is the alienware bad ?
    You can get same specs $500 cheaper with different brand. Alienware is like Apple, you pay 30% extra for fancy case and nametag.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well i dont care, i got the money and the spec is awesome

The amount of readers on these forums who don't care about wasting $500 for nothing is slim to none.

If you really do not care about the pricetag of laptop, I recommend buying PowerBook then from Apple. You can configure it pretty close to that Alienware. Sure it costs more, but you get smaller size, less weight, better looks and much better battery life.
    Trolling should be.

Nah, it will be alienware m17x or asus g73jh full hd.

Nah, it will be alienware m17x or asus g73jh full hd.
    You understand Alienware is Dell right? So you are spending all that money on a dell. Also laptops are horrible for gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why are you posting here and asking for suggestions when you just throw them back in other peoples faces? clarely you have already decided...

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    You understand Alienware is Dell right? So you are spending all that money on a dell. Also laptops are horrible for gaming.
    Yeah why not spend it on a Dell compuer? What's the problem? And no laptops are not horrible to game on if you have a decent keyboard.

---------- Post added 2010-09-07 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit View Post
    Then why are you posting here and asking for suggestions when you just throw them back in other peoples faces? clarely you have already decided...
    Not sure if i will buy the asus or alienware

Yeah why not spend it on a Dell compuer? What's the problem?
    Because you can get Dell with same specs as Alienware (for desktops at least) with much smaller pricetag. If you buy $1500 Dell or $2000 Alienware you get exactly same components and pay $500 for the silly Alienware case.
    Trolling should be.

If money is no object like you claim then build your own it will crush any Alienware made. Laptops are terrible for gaming for many reasons if you think otherwise I don't know what to say.

Laptops are terrible for gaming, don't try to argue about that.
    The whole thread is just absurd.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-09-07 at 10:36 PM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    damn i smell trolling here.

there are just too many fails in the first build

18 GB of OCZ DDR3 Gold XTC 1333MHz for that system? 1333 ....... riiight

the PSU is no where enough to run that system at all.

Intel Core i7 975 Quad 3,33Ghz and ASUS P6T7 WS SUPERCOMP, X58, Socket-1366???? for a gaming system? i realy hope you are gonna get a water cooling system and CLOCK the hell out of that CPU, because if not, that mobo and cpu is a complete waste of money.
    have you even done any reading on the mobo and what it is able to do?

and if money is no problem for you why not go gtx 480 in SLI? the two 5870 will do that kind of system no good at all.

and then second option you show os is a alienware laptop....... are you joking? (trolling)

if you realy wanna show os a imba over the top system, you could at least have done some read up on hardware first. because the first system just fails to much with the hardware combo or else you are just realy clueless and realy don`t care that just are waste a ton of money?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Laptops are terrible for gaming, don't try to argue about that.
    The whole thread is just absurd.
    This thread is absurd. I'm locking it.

1. If you're coming in asking a question, don't be an ass to those responding.
    2. There are plenty of people in this forum with a lot more knowledge than others realize. Utilizing that knowledge is always the best option.