Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What will be announced at BlizzCon 2010?

So BlizzCon 2010 is creeping up on us slowly and it's still not clear what this years event will focus on. After all, in the past we had some major events like the announcement of Cataclysm, Diablo III and Starcraft 2.

So...it's still kind-of unknown what we might be able to expect this year. However, looking at every Blizzard games track-record gives us at least a little room for speculation.

Diablo III: It was announced during GamesCom that Diablo III might be delayed until 2012 (2011 was the assumed release year).The game simply isn't as far along as most people seem to believe. However, based on the current published classes, BlizzCon might see the announcement of the Hunter/Ranger class (since it's the most obvious niche to fill). This seems very likely.

Starcraft 2: Work on Heart of the Swarm only just began a few weeks back so it seems unlikely that they might have stuff to show. Blizzard also said it wouldn't be released until well over a year after SC 2. Since the game is still fairly new on the market, it seems unlikely that SC 2 will see any major announcements. Maybe some new Battle.net features or tournaments.

Warcraft: Nothing is known about the classic Warcraft franchise. However, with Starcraft 2 already released it seems unlikely that Blizzard would release another RTS game or even announce it for years to come. Maybe a completely different game in the Warcraft universe...but that too seems rather unlikely. I assume the Warcraft franchise will remain solely in the hands of WoW for now.

World of Warcraft: End of October seemed a likely candidate for a Cataclysm release until the complete talent-makeover basically nullified all previous testing efforts. However, we still might see the release of patch 4.0 sometime around BlizzCon, although I don't see how this could be included as part of the major event. Maybe Blizzard will use BlizzCon as a platform to show of the new 4.0 cinematic for the first time. I'm also very sure that Blizzard will announce a Cataclysm release date either during or shortly before BlizzCon.

Next-Gen MMO (aka. Project Titan): Highly unlikely anything about this project will be published for a while. Not until WoW is on a decline. Anything else would just be self-sabotage.

Ergo, the most likely announcements for BlizzCon 2010 are imo:
    -Ranger class for Diablo III
    -4.0 release
    -Cataclysm release date
    -potentially a first-look at Heart of the Swarm

Yet even if all those above are true, it seems a little lack-luster compared to the previous years. I know even Blizzard can't unleash a bomb-shell every BlizzCon but I'd have hoped they'd at least try to retain a certain standard.

Anyway, feel free to participate in BlizzCon 2010 speculation.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2010-09-07 at 10:44 PM.

There is still Blizzard's unannounced next-gen MMO...

I would bet money that this Blizzcon is ALL ABOUT Diablo 3 and very little to nothing about Project Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Cata-pre events going live has got me puzzled now. I wasn't expecting them for another 2-3 weeks.

Starcraft 2: Marauders can no longer use Stim-Pack; millions of Zerg/Protoss players cheer worldwide. I kid, I kid :O
    We'll probably see a trailer for Heart of the Swarm.

Not sure with Diablo

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next gen MMO, but ONLY IF IT IS AN PDG-FPS. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

it'S like the third thread about the same thing than a thread created yesterday I see today lol

however, I expect the following things:

SC2:Hear of the swarm expantion pack details
    D3 5th class
    as of cataclysm: Cinematic revealed
    if we are to get some roflore surprise as some randomly expect (dance studio/model update,Y'know, that kind of things that aren't gonna happen a sa random surprisE) they are gonna announce it there
    probably there is gonna be a long speech about the first t11 instances that nearly anyone is gonna care about and then they are probably gonna show the worgen female and a lot of leaks we already saw at mmo-champs.com

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I would bet money that this Blizzcon is ALL ABOUT Diablo 3 and very little to nothing about Project Titan.
    wait, whut? project titan?
    sounds sexy
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Quote Originally Posted by OnkelDittmeier View Post
    Well, not really that interested about WoW anymore, since they turn it to being shitty in Cataclysm.

Diablo will be interesting, and if they say anything about the new mmo.
    How so? It's not helpful just to throw a comment out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Next gen MMO, but ONLY IF IT IS AN PDG-FPS. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
    I wouldn't expect that till atleast 2013 honestly... I am pretty sure it is an mmofps btw ( I'm not basing my hypotesis on anynthing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I wouldn't expect that till atleast 2013 honestly... I am pretty sure it is an mmofps btw ( I'm not basing my hypotesis on anynthing)
    I thought Blizzard released their Massively Multiplayer Online game? They called it Starcraft II

Diablo 3: New class more gameplay and maybe some hint to release.

Starcraft 2: Maaaaybe some info on HotS and some content for Bnet2.0.

WoW: We may get to know when the pre-event starts, I don't think the will let us see the trailer until release from what I gather from gamescon.

The new MMO: I would hope that we could see what it is but I guess we wont yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of starcraft

Blizzard theme park mang

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 not until 2012!? Whaaaaaat?

I think you've nailed the content with your own guesses. I can't see them doing anything huge this Blizzcon, but we're dealing with Blizzard so you can't be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by OnkelDittmeier View Post
    Well, not really that interested about WoW anymore, since they turn it to being shitty in Cataclysm.

Diablo will be interesting, and if they say anything about the new mmo.
    i am shocked by you thinking cata is bad. are you quitting, or playing the bad game for $15 a month
    probably the latter as many do
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

The trailer to the Warcraft movie.

one still image of the next gen mmo

Hogger shirts

cata cinematic
    ghetto cancer

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparantly a model editor at Blizzard has leaked a release date of November 18th. So if that's true I dunno what could be at Blizzcon for Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Larch View Post
    How so? It's not helpful just to throw a comment out like this.
    If he explained the comment it wouldn't piss people off and incite reactions. And really, where's the fun in that?

Im not particularly interested in Starcraft or Diablo, so Ill just skip those. But what Im expecting is:

-Cataclysm intro cinematic
    -A release date for the 4.0 patch
    -A demonstration of some of the launch raids in Cata
    -A demonstration of the new Battlegrounds

And for the movie:

-Some confirmed cast members and crew
    -Probably too early for a trailer, but perhaps a short scene from the film (Are we even that far yet?)
    -Some script/plot details