Poll: Which cataclysm ability(s) is best for pvp?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cool What new cataclysm ability is best for pvp?

Simple, vote which new cataclysm ability is best for pvp overall!

If i would have to say it would be a tie between DK,rogue,priest cause all of there moves can be used for pvp really well!
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-09-08 at 04:54 AM.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Camouflage atm in beta is pretty key in pvp, otherwise im going to have to say the shaman spell "spirit walker's grace".

Necrotic Strike is the new MS.

Dark Simacrulum, just think about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    its clearly Dark Simulacrum-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bcWny7Gw2Y

go to 2:07 and you will see why. Why does this stay up sooo long lol

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 04:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Superpenguin3 View Post
    Camouflage atm in beta is pretty key in pvp, otherwise im going to have to say the shaman spell "spirit walker's grace".
    i LOL'ed this is one of the most useless ability's atm. the only thing it really brings to pvp is a initial freezing trap..if you dont get aoe'ed out b.c classes can see you.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post

i LOL'ed this is one of the most useless ability's atm. the only thing it really brings to pvp is a initial freezing trap..if you dont get aoe'ed out b.c classes can see you.
    If you stop thinking of it as a bad stealth and start thinking of it as an incredible, 60 second duration bubble, then you'll realize just how amazing it is. Imagine trying to focus a hunter down, only to have him pop Camo at 5% and run away. The worst part is, you can SEE HIM, but you cannot target him. So you can either let him go, or have him kite you to a big pack of his waiting friends. Incredible ability.

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 04:54 AM ----------

As for Dark Simulacrum....

It's got the potential to be cool, yes, but you don't copy the spell over at full strength. It applies the DK's spell power to its coefficients (Or in other words, zero), so you're gonna be healing yourself as though you had 0 spell power, and no talents to support the spell.

In other words, you'll be healing yourself for less than the amount of damage you take in a single hit.

It's got potential for things like Shadow Form, but even then, you're never going to actually have a chance to use it outside of Arena (where you might be able to, maybe, focus an Spriest down enough that he has to leave Shadowform to toss up some heals before going back in), and arena is going to be less relevant.

The fact that the spells hit like wet noodles because they all draw on the DK's zero spellpower means that Dark Simulacrum will not be a game-changer. It'll definitely be useful, and will definitely be very, very cool, but not a game-changer. Just a little extra utility.
    Last edited by Athael; 2010-09-08 at 04:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    o did i mention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxDP8b-WLok

you will never get windfury in pvp unless you time it perfectly and the shaman does not put wep buffs on b4 arena starts. but if you did get a 2hnd frost dk with windfury.. OMG

IDK how this is going to work. i have a feeling DK;s are going to go outside of raids to duel to get windfur\ry weapon. its gona slow down raids a lot. and mabey make DK;s way to OP.

Think about it dk on par with dps. now he gets windfury weapon..

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 04:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    If you stop thinking of it as a bad stealth and start thinking of it as an incredible, 60 second duration bubble, then you'll realize just how amazing it is.
    60 second bubble? what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage. Bloodlust + Extra Super kiting ability, both of which are unlikely to be nerfed as much as some of the other abilities listed.
    Last edited by Milanor; 2010-09-08 at 05:03 AM.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

60 second bubble? what?
    When a hunter uses camouflage and moves, they can be seen, but they cannot be targeted.

That means they cannot be attacked.

That means they are immune to attacks for 60 seconds.

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 05:02 AM ----------

o did i mention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxDP8b-WLok

you will never get windfury in pvp unless you time it perfectly and the shaman does not put wep buffs on b4 arena starts. but if you did get a 2hnd frost dk with windfury.. OMG

IDK how this is going to work. i have a feeling DK;s are going to go outside of raids to duel to get windfur\ry weapon. its gona slow down raids a lot. and mabey make DK;s way to OP.

Think about it dk on par with dps. now he gets windfury weapon..
    Dark Simulacrum is bugged on the beta right now and some buff spells you can cast have long/unlimited durations. When they fix it, then the buffs you can steal with it will only last 7 seconds. Not even enough time to get summoned into the raid.

If you stop thinking of it as a bad stealth and start thinking of it as an incredible, 60 second duration bubble, then you'll realize just how amazing it is. Imagine trying to focus a hunter down, only to have him pop Camo at 5% and run away. The worst part is, you can SEE HIM, but you cannot target him. So you can either let him go, or have him kite you to a big pack of his waiting friends. Incredible ability.

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 04:54 AM ----------

As for Dark Simulacrum....

It's got the potential to be cool, yes, but you don't copy the spell over at full strength. It applies the DK's spell power to its coefficients (Or in other words, zero), so you're gonna be healing yourself as though you had 0 spell power, and no talents to support the spell.

In other words, you'll be healing yourself for less than the amount of damage you take in a single hit.

It's got potential for things like Shadow Form, but even then, you're never going to actually have a chance to use it outside of Arena (where you might be able to, maybe, focus an Spriest down enough that he has to leave Shadowform to toss up some heals before going back in), and arena is going to be less relevant.

The fact that the spells hit like wet noodles because they all draw on the DK's zero spellpower means that Dark Simulacrum will not be a game-changer. It'll definitely be useful, and will definitely be very, very cool, but not a game-changer. Just a little extra utility.
    Here is a few things to note, one must be out of combat to use it. Not many hunters are good at that as their pet can still be in and your pet must be out of combat aswell. Easy fix though.

Damage will pull you out. Just roll dots on hunters and he can't camo. Dark Simulacrum> all

15+ Year Old Account
    When a hunter uses camouflage and moves, they can be seen, but they cannot be targeted.

That means they cannot be attacked.

That means they are immune to attacks for 60 seconds.
    unless you walk up to them and....
    fan of knifes
    arcane explosion
    hellfire
    thunder clap
    magma totem
    holy nova....i really dont feel like linking all of the aoe that EASILY gets a hunter outa camo.

unless you walk up to them and....
    fan of knifes
    arcane explosion
    hellfire
    thunder clap
    magma totem
    holy nova....i really dont feel like linking all of the aoe that EASILY gets a hunter outa camo.
    That'd be the obvious response, yeah. A little too obvious, if you stop and think about it.

Afaik, AoE spells don't effect hunters while they're camo'd. I could be wrong about that one, I haven't tested it, but I don't think I am.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Not many hunters are good at that as their pet can still be in and your pet must be out of combat aswell. Easy fix though.
    true. you can send your pet in and open up (getting your pet in combat) and still be camo'd though. but still the ability sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bcWny7Gw2Y

go to 2:07 and you will see why. Why does this stay up sooo long lol

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 04:51 AM ----------

It was set up in a duel.. In real PvP, Dark Simulacrum has one of the lowest uses out of all of them.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you guys smoking voting for warriors? Those 2 abilities are terrible for pvp. If anything I'd put throwdown in there instead of those 2 pieces of shit. OH YEA ID LIKE TO BE RAGE STARVED IN PVP AND USING A SUPER JUMP THAT TAKES CHARGE'S COOLDOWN AND DOESN'T STUN. Good logic there my dear sir.

15+ Year Old Account
    AoE spells don't effect hunters while they're camo'd. I could be wrong about that one, I haven't tested it, but I don't think I am.
    i think you are. then you would have no way to get a hunter in combat. a hunter could just sit in arena for 30min and just tie everything. remember 60sec duration and 60Cd

You camouflage, blending into into your surroundings, causing you and your pet to be untargetable and providing stealth while stationary.
    You can lay traps while camouflaged, but any damage done by you or your pet will cancel the effect. Cannot be cast while in combat. Lasts for 1 min.
    20 Focus, Instant, 1 min cooldown

this should be lasts until canceld!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    It was set up in a duel.. In real PvP, Dark Simulacrum has one of the lowest uses out of all of them.
    o crap that was set up.....
    its just showing what you can do. if you time your Dark Simulacrum just right. and the top pvp'er will be able to do this.

i think you are. then you would have no way to get a hunter in combat. a hunter could just sit in arena for 30min and just tie everything. remember 60sec duration and 60Cd
    Beta is beta, so they might fiddle around with things like cooldowns and durations, but I think it's much more likely that they would make it make the hunter AOE-immune.

Because if they didn't, then it's just a "You can no longer attack your enemies and gain nothing in return" button.

I'd rather believe they're still tuning cooldown and duration numbers than that the level 85 hunter ability can be negated in one GCD by any class with AOE (Which is every class).

10+ Year Old Account
    I really feel like a lot of people clicked hunter and dk randomly. Dark Simulacrum doesn't seem that amazing at alllll.