Poll: Immunity type spell for graveyards

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Immunity type spell for graveyards

So guys, do you think there should be like an immunity Buff like in wintergrasp for all the battlegrounds to stop the opposite faction camping their spawn areas?
    this idea just came into my head when ive been doing battlegrounds on cyclone eu as alliance, every single BG ive been in ( only bracket this does not apply to is 80) one team camps the other team to the graveyard and you cant actually move when you spawned cause you die instantly

kinda sick of it, i enjoy pvping on my hunter yet every Ab/WSG/EOTS/SOTA we get camped to the graveyard then spawncamped some more

i think blizz should implement this graveyard immunity to prevent stuff like that, its not fun when one team cant move because the others have every base / sit and wait

Deleted
    well can see that working out - u just need to put a duration on it(to prevent rezzed player grabbing the flag from some1 and sitting immune in the Gy spot) ans somewhat small radius of the effect - say 10-20y aura from the spirit healer or something like that.

But a whole team sitting there in the gy and it's immunity w8ting for the BG to end is no fun too

Prob a better solution would be not a comlete immunity but rather 90% Aoe one ala blood beasts

Maybe the spell is cast on you by the spirit healer when you res, and is cancelled upon your first action?
    Making sure a mechanic like that is unable to be exploited would be difficult imo.
    Metzen wrote both Thrall AND Garrosh... how do you feel now fanbois?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Harvan View Post
    Maybe the spell is cast on you by the spirit healer when you res, and is cancelled upon your first action?
    Making sure a mechanic like that is unable to be exploited would be difficult imo.
    Or that lasts 10-30 secs.

Even better let's encourage players to form quality teams and learn decent strategies to utilize the gear they have rather than run their fingers across the keyboard and pray they're completing the objectives!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it can be used on some Graveyards and in some Battlegrounds but not all of them.

One example for a good Graveyard/Battleground would be the one in Warsong since there is only one Graveyard there.

One example for a bad Graveyard/Battleground would be the Graveyards at the bases in Arathi Basin. However the starting Graveyard would be a good place for the immunity.

Second example for a bad Graveyard/Battleground is all Graveyards in Alterac Valley..

The rest I cba to think about

It's already been implemented. Simply auto run your character away from the spirit rezzer and /dance till the BG is over and you won't even get afk flagged or anythin'

/bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nycrolieben View Post
    It's already been implemented. Simply auto run your character away from the spirit rezzer and /dance till the BG is over and you won't even get afk flagged or anythin'

/bump
    lets see you try that in AB at trollbane hall, thats what sparked me thinking, the horde were just putting traps down at the GY and aoeing the graveyard down, you couldnt spawn without dying 2 seconds later, i believe that there should either be an kind of invisible wall or an immunity buff when your in the graveyard till you move out a certain distance, this means that you could attack the enemy team ( horde in my case) and keep them back till you can actually get out of the gates to make it slightly more even / fun for the team which is being camped.

If you're getting GY camped you already got your ass handed to you and your team is obviously a bunch of tools, what is the point in not letting the enemy team farm you while they wait for the BG to end?

Deleted
    Agree, if you are unable to beat them down in the first place, why not let them get them that bit of honor they deserve for battering you back to your spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ manageri and micheldewit
    its a numbers problem, theres, say 4 alliance and 15 horde, its not a case of bad players, the case i took notice was the same scenario multiple times, Cap stables then go to LM, the 4 ally we have get beat back by the 10 horde realising theres 4 ally and just overwhelming us with numbers, there should be a way to fight back against it rather than sit and watch them camp us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    @ manageri and micheldewit
    its a numbers problem, theres, say 4 alliance and 15 horde, its not a case of bad players, the case i took notice was the same scenario multiple times, Cap stables then go to LM, the 4 ally we have get beat back by the 10 horde realising theres 4 ally and just overwhelming us with numbers, there should be a way to fight back against it rather than sit and watch them camp us
    I have never seen a BG this outnumbered since they did Battlegroup-wide bg's.

As far as making players in GY's immune to dmg, that would just not work.

As stated before, it would be horrible in wsg to just have the entire team die and go immune so that they could win.

In any other BG, what would be the point of being immune for 20-30 seconds or until you make an action? If people are camping your GY than no amount of rez safety is going to save your ass. Your people are still going to be sucking up time in the GY and as soon as you move you're dead again anyways.

Making players immune in BG's will not work at all. This mechanic is already abused like crazy in WG all the time. Every day I see ranged dps on the horde side up on the hill nuking down players who are running by. Only the players cannot dmg them.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    I have never seen a BG this outnumbered since they did Battlegroup-wide bg's.

As far as making players in GY's immune to dmg, that would just not work.

As stated before, it would be horrible in wsg to just have the entire team die and go immune so that they could win.

In any other BG, what would be the point of being immune for 20-30 seconds or until you make an action? If people are camping your GY than no amount of rez safety is going to save your ass. Your people are still going to be sucking up time in the GY and as soon as you move you're dead again anyways.

Making players immune in BG's will not work at all. This mechanic is already abused like crazy in WG all the time. Every day I see ranged dps on the horde side up on the hill nuking down players who are running by. Only the players cannot dmg them.
    that is true, but it would also fix the camping, if your getting shot from above then your gonna stand back arent you? your not gonna attack an immune target to do damage, if they made it so like, as soon as you do damage to a target it wears off, or if you have a flag you cant recieve the buff it would balance it out

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    lets see you try that in AB at trollbane hall, thats what sparked me thinking, the horde were just putting traps down at the GY and aoeing the graveyard down, you couldnt spawn without dying 2 seconds later, i believe that there should either be an kind of invisible wall or an immunity buff when your in the graveyard till you move out a certain distance, this means that you could attack the enemy team ( horde in my case) and keep them back till you can actually get out of the gates to make it slightly more even / fun for the team which is being camped.
    yea yea sure
    and while they are at it, why not give you imunity while near your flag
    that would be awesome...
    or maybe an IWIN button near your base WOW how awesome is that
    i like it a lot

OU OU ... maybe the spirit rezzer is a pally and casts bubbles on all of us untill we kill 2 players
    such an awesome buff

in case you are a bit slow ... /sarcasm

I don't see what's so hard about placing guards or making the graveyard sit behind a wall with a teleporter that goes 1 way.

Would be so much easier then something like an odd immunity buff

Edit: in case they do implement it, make it limited duration within a small area.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is true, but it would also fix the camping, if your getting shot from above then your gonna stand back arent you? your not gonna attack an immune target to do damage, if they made it so like, as soon as you do damage to a target it wears off, or if you have a flag you cant recieve the buff it would balance it out
    Still flawed. All someone needs to do that is GY camping is step back 5 yards if they are getting hit. They will still be at the GY waiting for you to move.

If immunity breaks on attacking than we are back to the first part of being right on top of the GY waiting for the immunity to go away.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshan View Post
    I don't see what's so hard about placing guards or making the graveyard sit behind a wall with a teleporter that goes 1 way.

Would be so much easier then something like an odd immunity buff

Edit: in case they do implement it, make it limited duration within a small area.
    yea cz its impossible to camp the teleport terminal

its a numbers problem, theres, say 4 alliance and 15 horde...
    That's an issue with BGs launching while the teams are uneven, the "problem" of getting camped by the horde at your GY is merely a symptom. If/when the horde manages to do the same thing even when both teams start with max players (like we usually do), there's no reason to give the alliance a crutch, they lost fairly.

Now if you wanna make suggestions to fix the BGs launching with uneven teams, I'm with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkøtîque View Post
    OF COURSE! another motherfuckin QQ alliance bitch, quit crying and stop sucking. Blizzard has already done enough to buff practically EVERYTHING in this game in your favor. stfu.
    troll

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by manageri View Post
    That's an issue with BGs launching while the teams are uneven, the "problem" of getting camped by the horde at your GY is merely a symptom. If/when the horde manages to do the same thing even when both teams start with max players (like we usually do), there's no reason to give the alliance a crutch, they lost fairly.

Now if you wanna make suggestions to fix the BGs launching with uneven teams, I'm with you.
    yes that was my intent, even if it was only active in unbalanced battlegrounds, it would make it a hellova lot fairer, or if theres 4 on one, the other gets the same amount or a cap on the amount of players that can join, there is the timer which counts down but the timer is never met cause the battles always over so quickly
    Last edited by Martyn 470; 2010-09-09 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    No that would take away the last joy of bgs.
    However QQ on the Forums and you may get it.