Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solution. Take Arena out of the game. One step closer to getting rid of terrible resilience. Resilience is a coushin for people who can't use their abilities to survive. PvP was so much better when you had to be aware of what you were doing, aware of who was around you, and know when to pop a cooldown. It used to be if you were a clothy and heard a rogue you went on the defensive and tried to break his stealth, now you can just sit there and pick your teeth while he does nothing to you in your max resilience gear then heal yourself to full and roflstomp him.

This post is mostly toward world pvp/pvp in pve gear like it used to be.

Sorry for running off on a tangent I just miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Escargon Gesu View Post
    Dont take this as a whine or QQ post!

I love PvP, especially BGs(my main got 300000 kbs), i dont like arena anymore cause its like a 0 skill duel all the way, but my druid got merciless gladiator as a double 2v2 moonkin team in s2 i think in TBC. Skills ftw!
    I nerdragequited arena in s3 cause it was a 95% chance we would meet a resto druid+warrior, thats when pvp really got stupid.
    Well I played a warrior back in S3, and I got my gladiator title as a no-brainer holy pala/arms warrio setup. It worked in S4 aswell :P That being said, I played double ar/prep rogues in S1, it was even easier. Can't wait to get id of the damned sandbox and get the rated BG's. Haven't played any serious arena since S4.

Anyway... You do know that hammer is a little better then shadowmourne (like 40% or something), while your HP will go up by 300%?
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    Solution. Take Arena out of the game. One step closer to getting rid of terrible resilience. Resilience is a coushin for people who can't use their abilities to survive. PvP was so much better when you had to be aware of what you were doing, aware of who was around you, and know when to pop a cooldown. It used to be if you were a clothy and heard a rogue you went on the defensive and tried to break his stealth, now you can just sit there and pick your teeth while he does nothing to you in your max resilience gear then heal yourself to full and roflstomp him.

Sorry for running off on a tangent I just miss it.
    You are wrong, like seriously wrong. Resilience prevented TBC to be the same burstfest as wotlk currently is, and resilience prevented wotlk from being a s5 burstfest every single season..

I thought Blizzard finally got it. The burst damage is way to high. I thought they were gonna buff our life to 65000, nerf healers in pvp and not change our damage output at all, which would bring back the skills in pvp.
    Why on Earth would you think that? Nobody would play through an entire expansion that didn't change their damage output at all.

Blizzard is raising health pools more drastically than damage similar to what they did in Vanilla->BC, they're also removing certain stats from gear, like ArPen, which I guarantee that Warrior you fought was using.

Also why do you think a 8000 heroic from 1.5k base damage will be 25k-30k with 2.5k base damage? (with base damage I mean the main modifier besides AP, i.e. weapon damage)
    Sure AP will go up, but I think we will merely see 15-20k against full resil target in end game gear. And we can assume that end game pvp gear will have more than 150k, based on the base hp pools on 85.
    But note: you can still be killed and wont be invincible /gasp
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    i dont like arena anymore cause its like a 0 skill duel all the way, but my druid got merciless gladiator as a double 2v2 moonkin team in s2 i think in TBC. Skills ftw!
    So you claim you can get 2800 without skills? Lulz. Stopped reading here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    I remember those days. I played a Rogue then when most casters were lucky to have ~3k HP.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Narage, you clearly have not heard of sarcasm... I was being sarcastic -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    And the fail post meter goes up another notch. Ding ding ding!

So you havent done arena since S3 and think your opinion of it is in any way valid? Also there were no rank 1 double boomkins in S2 on any BG. Or any season for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Quote]Okay i guess Cata pvp will be stupid...[Quote]

you better believe it, just like always

Quote Originally Posted by Rend View Post
    Narage, you clearly have not heard of sarcasm... I was being sarcastic -_-
    It didn't look sarcastic to me, and even if it was, there are so many people that do infact say that resi should be removed it is not weird for someone to not notice the sarcasm.

they can't have the game be bursty. Unless they want their rated BG's to implode, they'll have to nerf damage down to the point that arenas will be a giant drink-fest.

Would someone please think of the noobs!

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like arena anymore cause its like a 0 skill duel all the way, but my druid got merciless gladiator as a double 2v2 moonkin team in s2 i think in TBC. Skills ftw!
    ???????

10+ Year Old Account

My fire mage got 1150* resi, and i got crit 8000 heroic strike+7000 mortal strike from a warrior, thats over 50% of my life in a instant and im almost full wrathfull minus the offhand(which is a 77 epic lol!)

Stopped reading there. A Mage QQing about Warriors in PvP is like Darth Vader QQing about this guy's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU sweet moves.

Have you tried speccing into a legitimate PvP spec? If I tried PvPing on my Holy Priest or Demo Lock, I'm sure I'd be frustrated enough to come on here and start a QQ post like this too. Try Frost or Arcane and your sorrows will go away.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2010-09-10 at 10:40 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Dont take this as a whine or QQ post!
    whining is whining, and you sir are whining.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naraga, the general idea was that because i said "you make as much sense as someone saying rmp isnt op" is because rmp is op... So someone saying that it isnt, makes no sense. So Im guessing you really dont understand sarcasm very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend View Post
    Naraga, the general idea was that because i said "you make as much sense as someone saying rmp isnt op" is because rmp is op... So someone saying that it isnt, makes no sense. So Im guessing you really dont understand sarcasm very well.
    Ah, I thought you were talking about my reply to someone saying resi was a bad idea.

You said "You make as much sense as someone saying rmp isn't OP". And since someone saying RMP isn't OP makes sense, since RMP isn't OP, I asked you why you thought he made sense.

Get it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post might make sense if weapons were the only new items in cataclysm, but it turns out we're getting armour too, oh well. And guess what, it has 1000s of stamina points on the PvE stuff, let alone the PvP gear.
    "The truth, my goal."