Shamans and Mastery

Now I'm currently levelling my main, my Shaman, through the beta and am currently level 84. I decided to see what effect being a Mastery whore would have on my stats.

Mastery, put simply, for Elemental, is abso-fucking-lutely amazing. I'm hoping that it's not going to be nerfed for us come Live, it is that awesome.

For those of you who don't know, Mastery (as elemental)rating increases your chance for Elemental Mastery to proc - but the sweetner is that it now affects LvB. This leads to absolutely insane damage. I've almost one shotted similar geared players with a lucky Dual LvB CL strike - with crits that's a 30-35k boom burst.

Resto Mastery rating could do with some boosting as I couldn't really tell the difference, just remember Spirit is truly important now, without it you'll watch that Mana drain after a few Lesser Heals.

Enhance - I've not tried this yet, could do with someone's input here.

TLR - Mastery is awesome! Get it!

I would think mastery would all have to balance per spec instead of per class now. It's going to take Blizzard some time if we do get overpowered specs on launch.

I have autism. k thnx bye.

From what I've seen so far, Shaman Mastery is as follows.

Elemental - Protastic/Fun Mastery
    Resto - Useful Mastery, could use some tweaking.
    Enhancement - Boring +x% Mastery

I love the idea behind the Resto and Elemental mastery, but the Enhancement mastery is terribly boring right now.

Also, a video showing different levels of mastery/Picture of a recount with different ratings would be greatly appreciated.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My look on the Cata stats for Elemental:

Hit(cap) > Haste > Intellect (sp) > Mastery > ........................................... > Crit

Adding Fulmination, and the built-in T10 empowers haste even more!

Would be fun to add so much Mastery that basically every single cast you do, adds another!
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~