10+ Year Old Account

Beacon of Light in Cata now

I'm curious with something after looking at the Beacon of Light in the recent changes.

# Beacon of Light now has a 60 yards radius, up from 40 yards. Now affects all heals instead of just Holy Light and Holy Shock.

I'm wondering - I haven't seen this in threads - does Beaconing the MT and casting a heal still cost 2x the mana? I believe I saw that only a % of your heal (like 50%?) goes to your beacon. Do you notice the difference in the mana cost?

Also, I'm curious about one other thing. Standing in melee - if you beacon the tank and cast HR - do they extra healing? I'm not sure how it'd be calculated but - healing the tank with HR, healing melee with HR, so a % of the heals on melee would go to your beacon right?

Lastly,

# Tower of Radiance no longer affects Holy Shock.

This one I'm alittle confused on reading. Does it mean only HL, FoL, and DL grant you the 1 HP for casting directly on your Beacon?

Thanks for the help - I just saw these things and was curious. Obviously, I know if there are posts already the flames will come. Sorry if these have already been answered. =/ Just wanting to be as prepared as possible for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    # Tower of Radiance no longer affects Holy Shock.

This one I'm alittle confused on reading. Does it mean only HL, FoL, and DL grant you the 1 HP for casting directly on your Beacon?
    holy shock was 2 HP for a cast on beacon (1 from ToR +1 because is holy shock) and they probably think that it was a too fast way to get HP.

i'm still confused about beacon btw...

Deleted
    beacon of light change, Means you cant just mindlessly heal raid members while your beacon gets healed for everything you heal on everyone else.

if you heal the guy with beacon of light on directly, he still gets healed the normal amount.