Poll: Do you roll or run everywhere you go in Ocarina of Time?

10+ Year Old Account

Ocarina of Time: The Great Race

We all have been there. You receive the Kokiri Emerald and leave the forest. Before you is a long, perilous journey to the Market. Luckily for you, you have knowledge of an ancient technique... a power to increase your speed to near god-like levels. This dark power is known by a more common name today... ROLLING.

Do you roll everywhere you go in Ocarina of Time or do you simply run?

Deleted
    Rolling!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Turn 90 degrees right. Hold Z. Side hop all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Turn 90 degrees right. Hold Z. Side hop all the way.
    lol, I tried backflipping the whole way across the map in TP, I started to get dizzy watching Link

With rolling, it only seems like your going faster. I figured out that link moves faster while running and has more control while running and my thumbs hurt less while running because i'm not constantly pressing the A button.

I do at times, but as pointed out above me it does seem like at times you aren't going as fast. Plus doesn't he always go "eeyah" every time he rolls? (haven't played in years) That does get annoying after a while so I eventually stop rolling and just run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    I do at times, but as pointed out above me it does seem like at times you aren't going as fast. Plus doesn't he always go "eeyah" every time he rolls? (haven't played in years) That does get annoying after a while so I eventually stop rolling and just run.
    Why yes he does, and it rapes the ears. I've never timed myself running a set course vs rolling the same course, but to me, it feels like if you roll and then take two steps before rolling again, then it is faster. If you mash "roll" and never take any steps, then I feel that you go slower because every time he stands up, he stops moving for a fraction of a second. THIS SHIT IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

15+ Year Old Account
    weird spotting this thread here, I'm watching my n64 with ocarina of time plugged in right now.

Memories.

Deleted
    Side hopping, some king of strafing, is the only way to move through Hyrule.
    Oh and crouching while not Z targeting and mashing B is the only way to kill Queen Gohma in 5 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    With rolling, it only seems like your going faster. I figured out that link moves faster while running and has more control while running and my thumbs hurt less while running because i'm not constantly pressing the A button.
    Rolling is faster than running, its easier to do that while racing against the gravewatcher in Kakariko.

Im actually playing through this again on my PC using Project64, Link looks amazing considering its N64. Just out catching Poe's and about to head into the Fire Temple.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3