Thread: LF PC genuis

LF PC genuis

im looking for some one that can hav a chat with me on MSN or sumthing like that that can walk me through on how to overclock my pc. my grpics card is the important one i want to oveclock, its a nvidia 512mb 7600 Go.

ive looked on the internet and the guids are far to complex and dont give me the answers i want

Overclocking graphics card is pointless, it gives 10% speed difference at best, and for WoW less than 5%

What's your exact specs? Could be your PC is just too old to run WoW properly.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

its not to play wow.its to play other more recent games.not the newest cos i know i cant run them.WoW runs perfect.my system is: intel core 2 duo cpu t7200@2.00GHZ 2.00GHz
    memory(ram) 2046MB
    32-bit operating system
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 discrete graphics with 256MB dedicated DDR2 VRAM

Your CPU is too slow for WoW, that makes raid suck. 2GB of RAM sucks in pretty much everything possible.

But yeah, the graphics card is bad and weakest link for all non-WoW games. Overclocking the card is just pointless, the performance gain from it is rather small. If some game crawls at 5fps today, you can maybe OC it to 6-7fps, but that's about it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyman View Post
    its not to play wow.its to play other more recent games.not the newest cos i know i cant run them.WoW runs perfect.my system is: intel core 2 duo cpu t7200@2.00GHZ 2.00GHz
    memory(ram) 2046MB
    32-bit operating system
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 discrete graphics with 256MB dedicated DDR2 VRAM
    The problem for games other than WoW is that you're using a 4 year old mobile graphics card. New graphics cards often have problems in games, let alone something that's 4-5 generations old.

Deleted
    You dont need a genius to download a "GPU managment program" and slide some sliders 50mhz higher
    (50 was just an example. Dont do so with your card)

Firstly, wow is a very cpu orientated game, so currently your cpu is perfectly fine for it, I was running a p4 3.2ghz at almost all setting on high and got 30fps.
    Secondly, your graphics card is very outdated, and that will hold you back greatly, your graphics card is in a sense bottlenecking your cpu.
    Thirdly, because of the age of your graphics card, any overclock will not make much of a difference to your frame rates.

My advice is that you should save up some money and buy a new graphics card. I would personally recommend a 4870 or 5770 so that there is no bottle neck in your system. Your currently graphics card may just about perform now but when cata comes out it will be too slow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmf5 View Post
    Firstly, wow is a very cpu orientated game, so currently your cpu is perfectly fine for it, I was running a p4 3.2ghz at almost all setting on high and got 30fps.
    Secondly, your graphics card is very outdated, and that will hold you back greatly, your graphics card is in a sense bottlenecking your cpu.
    Thirdly, because of the age of your graphics card, any overclock will not make much of a difference to your frame rates.

My advice is that you should save up some money and buy a new graphics card. I would personally recommend a 4870 or 5770 so that there is no bottle neck in your system. Your currently graphics card may just about perform now but when cata comes out it will be too slow for it.
    The problem is, I think this is a laptop. He won't be able to upgrade ANYTHING. The T7200 and GPU are both mobile versions, so I wouldn't recommend overclocking anything. Laptops have cooling problems as is, more heat is going to be a bad thing.