New PTR Build incoming

PTR servers have gone down, expect a new build to be release shortly.

Unfortunately, we'll have to redownload the entire 16GB client, yet again.

Quote from Zarhym regarding the new build:
    "We plan to apply a new build to the 4.0.1 public test realms soon. In order to accomplish our development goals while pushing this next patch, testers will be required to re-patch and re-download all of the PTR client data. This should happen automatically and you can verify this by checking the Launcher when it begins downloading new data. The progress bar should be empty and in the red (Setup) section."
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...59117084&sid=1
    Last edited by ethzero; 2010-09-18 at 07:35 PM.

So basically all we have to do is start up the launcher again and download the data?
    When a cat is dropped, it ALWAYS lands on its feet; and when toast is dropped, it ALWAYS lands with the buttered side down.
    Therefore, I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. When dropped, the two will hover, spinning inches above the ground.
    A "buttered-cat array" could easily allow a high-speed monorail to link between New York with Chicago.

10+ Year Old Account
    QQ /suicide curse you UK internet connection at 10kb a second

I don't mind, it was playable for me after only downloading a few gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Polifrog View Post
    So basically all we have to do is start up the launcher again and download the data?
    Not sure if it'll be automatic or if we'll have to redownload the launcher as well or delete the folder.

This is lame, I miss my American internet (I live in Australia for the time being). I just finished this d/l about 2 days ago which took me about 1 1/2 days to frickin d/l in the first place. Unfortunately for me I wont be able to d/l this beta client, atleast untill next month when my internet rolls and I get a new 50gig stipend. FML the internet here blows.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    So does this override the current data or are we gonna end up with 32 gigs in the PTR folder?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So does this override the current data or are we gonna end up with 32 gigs in the PTR folder?
    Since it will write over the old one it shouldn't really matter. If you are worried you can uninstall it and then install it again

It'll override the current data, of course the current data is now useless, so..

Great, so I finally finish downloading all of the data and now I have to re-download ALL of it because they changed SOME of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my launcher still has its bar on green and it hasnt automaticly started anything.

Because the realms didn't come up?

I still hadn't finished downloading the first build...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my launcher still has its bar on green and it hasnt automaticly started anything.
    Try logging in, you get a nice list of servers all with "Offline" tagged on the end