how can i get my computer to download faster?

there has gotta be something that will let me download the ptr faster than 70-90 KB/s

Turn off p2p.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Get a better internet connection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Get a better internet connection.
    This, how fast your computer downloads has nothing to do with your PC :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    This, how fast your computer downloads has nothing to do with your PC :P
    Not really correct. In this case, downloads of WoW patches (both PTR and Live) are reliant upon your computer's ability to handle P2P connections, available bandwidth, and number of peers seeding the information needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Not really correct. In this case, downloads of WoW patches (both PTR and Live) are reliant upon your computer's ability to handle P2P connections, available bandwidth, and number of peers seeding the information needed.
    Ah, missed the "PTR" part, late here in the UK ^^, i was assuming it was a strict download from a site.

What if you turned off p2p like Vess suggested?

Blizzard doesn't seem to understand that typical home internet connections are heavily asymmetrical, and their p2p shit caps upstream saturating the connection. Turning off p2p from the updater client will avoid this problem. Previously I just used uTorrent where I can cap the upload limit to get the patches but that's not an option anymore with the new launcher.

On the bright side they use akamai now for direct http downloads, and with p2p disabled I can cap my 40mbit cable downloading patches. With p2p the downloader crawls at 5-10% download speed.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.