10+ Year Old Account

Download Accelerator.

Anyone Familliar with these, was thinking about downloading one to help this big ass download along(ptr) and future downloads. Are they any good etc?
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

It's pro. I use it along with RS. Get all ur RS links, put em in a notepad file. File - Import - Plain Txt File -> Go AFK for a few hrs and come back with everything done :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what you just said haha . xD
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Those will do exactly nothing for WoW's patching, and are mostly advertising/limiting crap instead of genuinely useful software.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    I have no idea what you just said haha . xD
    RS = Rapidshare.

Lol that should make sense now hehe. Soz, so use to abbreviations.

Except for the fact that you didnt even mention a specific program. He asked if there are any out there, and you basically said, "There are and RapidShare is awesome." How does that help the OP at all?

Download accelerators used to work some 10 years ago when the world wide web was new thing. Back then most servers had more upload bandwidth than customers. Back then download accelerators just opened multiple connections to the server pretending to be several different users. Today almost everywhere that kind of trickery is prevented by various technical measures, and the bandwidth is limited because it costs a LOT of money.

Download accelerators today are basically software that tells the server "this user paid your monthly fee, so send at uncapped speed now instead of the 1/10 crawl all freebies get the downloads". Those do not speed you up, but remove limitations after you've paid for it. The old-fashioned download accelerators that open multiple connections might or might not work, but those do not help one bit with popular/busy sites like RapidShare. Or with WoW patching.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.