15+ Year Old Account

Beta SpellSteal list

As you can see there is no list at the moment but....
    With your help (since i dont have beta key) we will make one...

If you add please follow this so my copying and making list full is easier:

Name of enemy , level of enemy, area (dungeons are their own area ofc)
    Spells name
    what it does...

with good spirit this might turn out to be good list that will help people for when looking some extra help or just for fun.

I'll be visiting this thread every few hours so i can upgrade list

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Cataclysm Beta Spell Steal list
    Quote Originally Posted by shagguar View Post
    Name: Air Summoner Brisk
    Level: 83-84
    Name of spell: Feeling Lighter

It's not a slowfall, it's an actual low gravity type spell. Let's you jump about double the normal height.
    note:need area

Quote Originally Posted by Terramourn View Post
    Name:Temple Swiftstalker (Halls of Origination)
    Level:85
    Name of Spell: Molten Barrier

Spell Haste increased by 50%
    Caster Will periodically shoot Fireballs at targets within 10 yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerackiel View Post
    Name: Azureborn Seer (Grim Batol)
    Level: 85
    Name of the Spell: Twisted Arcane

Increases cast speed by 50%
    Increases Magic damage dealt by 50%
    Increases Coooldowns by 3 sec
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Name: Tainted Sentry (Throne of Tides)
    Level: 79
    Name of Spell: Swell

Deals 9425 to 10575 Nature damage to all enemies every 3 sec
    Last edited by miekkagoon; 2010-09-27 at 05:30 PM.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

It's not a slowfall, it's an actual low gravity type spell. Let's you jump about double the normal height. Pretty fun to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by shagguar View Post

It's not a slowfall, it's an actual low gravity type spell. Let's you jump about double the normal height. Pretty fun to play around with.
    That. Is. Awesome.

Now to figure out a way to abuse that...

15+ Year Old Account
    shameless bumb for good cause
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

dude you're a genius for thinking up this idea, i only wish i could contribute. the most fun stealable spells in BC and WotLK were always the transformation ones from Slabs and UP :P
    Last edited by Barburos; 2010-09-21 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name:Temple Swiftstalker (Halls of Origination)
    Level:85
    Name of Spell: Molten Barrier

Spell Haste increased by 50%
    Caster Will periodically shoot Fireballs at targets within 10 yards.

I hope more people will post some other steal able buffs, although this isn't exactly a major part of being a mage, it sure is fun =]
    An elephant never forgets, but i forget what the elephant remembers....

Spellsteal is the best spell ever.

(I imagine this line said by the guys from the Spirit movie, you know, "Silken Floss is the most beautiful woman ever.")

Deleted
    Name: Azureborn Seer (Grim Batol)
    Level: 85
    Name of the Spell: Twisted Arcane

Increases cast speed by 50%
    Increases Magic damage dealt by 50%
    Increases Coooldowns by 3 sec

Good thread, look forward to seeing more.

Nice. Thanks for sharing all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Added spells

keep em coming

Douglas Adams

this thread isnt that great. if its a spell you can probally steal it. i mean are you going to put all the spell buffs players put on other players that you can steal? i mean really are you going to memorize every buff or when you see a creature with a spell on it are you going to come to MMO and look up if you can steal it NO you will just see if you can steal it first

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    this thread isnt that great. if its a spell you can probally steal it. i mean are you going to put all the spell buffs players put on other players that you can steal? i mean really are you going to memorize every buff or when you see a creature with a spell on it are you going to come to MMO and look up if you can steal it NO you will just see if you can steal it first
    Well yes their are dozens of +melee attack speed buffs you can steal, and sure a few +10% damage buffs, but the point of this thread is to find the fun/OP ones. (like ones that transform you or +500% casting and running speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    It's not really for once we're all playing cata. It's more of a sneak peek thread to get us interested. Of course we can spellsteal it while we're there, but we aren't there right now so this is one of the few ways for us to find out what our new goodies will be.

Ok,not in Beta so I can't confirm/deny it but I'm pretty sure the buff those nasty water elementals in the throne of tides use is spellstealable (seen it in one of TotalBiscuit's vids).The one that ticks for a huge aoe damage.Can anyone confirm it?

the point of this thread isnt to list player spells, everyone already knows them. this is purely for pve. just remembered another awesome one to steal. the +speed and +casting speed buff in ZA, ahh those were the days. keep the cata ones rolling guys, its interesting to see even if it is just beta

I wonder if there will be any new transformation steals in Cataclysm, like the Hound one in BC or Wolfs in UP. Those are always fun.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    Ok,not in Beta so I can't confirm/deny it but I'm pretty sure the buff those nasty water elementals in the throne of tides use is spellstealable (seen it in one of TotalBiscuit's vids).The one that ticks for a huge aoe damage.Can anyone confirm it?
    Confirmed.

Name: Tainted Sentry (Throne of Tides)
    Level: 79
    Name of Spell: Swell

Deals 9425 to 10575 Nature damage to all enemies every 3 sec

15+ Year Old Account
    updated...

moar spells plox

Douglas Adams