Thread: Balamb Garden

Balamb Garden

Just thought I'd let y'all know about this in case you're interested (if you're not, that's always cool too!)

youtube.com/watch?v=kh2QPhOTbuk

That video pretty much sums it up (it's also on the site at psycrow.chatserve.com). 10 years ago I started this free server for RPG fans, made a living off it for a few years even (though now I just pay to run it). It's called Balamb Garden, and was started on this visual chat software called The Palace which lets you move around in rooms, change your appearance, etc. I started making quests and other games for it, the biggest being this battle game called The Colosseum in which you can play 240+ characters in battles up to 5v5, and making characters (Cloud, Samus, etc) for people was how I was making a living off it for a few years. The other two main features are The Card Game, and The RPG (both original games).
    Since I finished what I mainly wanted to do for "Balamb Garden 1.0", I've gathered my operators and am startin' to let people know about it. The population's a little on the low side right now, but we're shooting for a population always in the triple-digits. Every Saturday night this month at 7:00pm CST, we're having n00bfests (group training for newbies). Britt from The Speed Gamers was at the last one-- a group of gamers who do marathons for charity, and have been on & in the news a few times-- and y'all are definitely welcome to come in for Saturday's n00bfest, or at any other time, and welcome to bring any of your friends as well.
    Maybe I'll see you around!

Interesting concept, that will probably result in you being sued. Assuming you have no license agreements for any of the characters featured. Even more so since you have made money off it.

But, I do really like the idea.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    Name ripped off from FF VIII. :\

Ripping off, 'tis the nature of the fan server! (Or sprite comic, etc) And how you get Snake and Cloud in the same game :P I only pay to run it now though, so eventually I'd be back to having more money sunk into it than anything else. It doesn't even have ads.
    Anyone who wants to is welcome to come in Saturday for the n00bfest then; 7:00pm CST.

i dun like plagiarism at all... i almost hope you get sued

An update about 2 promotions now going on at Balamb Garden:
    Our goal right now at BG is to get to 200 simultaneous users. There are two in-server promotions going on to this end: a promotion going on wherein people can earn $1 for each person they bring in; and when we reach our goal, a random person will also get to make a free character. Details are on the server's news page.
    As a reminder, we're having n00bfests (group training sessions for newbies) every Saturday night at 7:00pm CST, so that's a good time to come in. If you'd like someone to train you any other time, feel free to contact me there on YouTube (JoCr2) and let me know your AIM, and I'll be glad to hit you up ASAP and train you personally.

I also dislike the fact he has no plans to participate in our community other than to advertise.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

yea imo he should get a ban.. just for the sake of advertising his shit Plagiarist work of crap