Thread: [TV] South Park

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hm...Mr.White...
    Did they reference Breaking Bad character?
    It was clearly about Trump supporters mostly being white Republicans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I just took it as a pun with the name being White referring to White (Caucasians) and their stance on things today. Might be wrong, but that was just my interpretation.
    You're not wrong, it was completely obvious as to what it was.

Mr white even says his first name is Bob at the school meeting lol. Not walter. So yeah, dunno what you were smoking Yunru.

The only reason his last name was white was so they could make the joke about trump supporters being white and and it let them say shit like -

"The whites have been here since the beginning, but no one cares about the whites" clearly referencing race not the family name.

Deleted
    They have been there in the beginning. That male kid can be seen in a lot of old episodes as just background. He probably has a name, but too lazy to check it on a wiki or something.

Was hoping for Miss Conduct though

Looking forward to Kenny's revival. Damn reckless drivers!

I'm legit still waiting for one of you to tell me how this episode relates to Stranger Things and It and the jokes/references I was missing. Feel free to post the explanation any time now...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm legit still waiting for one of you to tell me how this episode relates to Stranger Things and It and the jokes/references I was missing. Feel free to post the explanation any time now...
    I haven't seen Stranger Things so can't comment on that. From what I know on It (haven't seen movie/read book, heard references) the red balloon was used to lure children to him or something. So my take on it was that Garrison was using the red balloon to lure children to him and ask about the approval ratings.

It was mostly a ref to it with the kids on push bikes which stranger things and IT use. The heavy rain in the background which IT used. Kids figuring out something is going on and adults are clueless. kids walking around in the forest/rain talking about monsters. The red balloon is from IT

The 80s music was the main one. You dont need to have seen stranger things/IT really. Just understand they use 80s nostalgia and they are very popular atm
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-08 at 12:26 AM.

Stranger Things reference when Stan, Randy, etc were on bikes were just referencing the fact that the kids spend a lot of time running around on bikes in the Netflix series. Stranger Things is basically a nostalgia fest for people in love with the 80s, hence all the jokes about the "kickass 80s" music when a lot of the music from that era was basically shit.

I haven't seen the show in awhile so there are probably other references I missed, but I think I got most of them.

The final episode was pretty good. Just a shame, Ms Conduct wasn't there.
    The attiude of the Whites... support Trump no matter what and “but Hillary“ was pretty much spot on. Stranger things and It references were great, und finally that Heidi crap is over.

The only thing i don't get, are coworker relationships really frowned in the Usa?

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post

The only thing i don't get, are coworker relationships really frowned in the Usa?
    It's frowned apon around most of the world. In some companies you have to disclose your relationship to human resource department.

If the relationship ends it can turn sour and make for a hostile work environment. Otherwise people wouldn't care.

Some work places don't care and don't intrude into thier workers personal life that far

- - - Updated - - -

That joke is more about outrage culture though and everyone acting surprised about the recent sexual harassment cases

Deleted
    The shows gone downhill in recent years

I'm very much tired of them parodying Trump all the damn time (got no real opinion on the guy). I do miss the older seasons that had individual stories for each episode, they were a lot better and more memorable. The whole season wide trilogy thing doesn't do it for me.

Deleted
    Interesting premiere.

Black Panther I kinda enjoyed as a Marvel movie, but it was defo overhyped because of the social political dynamics.

School shooter stuff was on point as well.

I think (hope) they're moving away from the serialised concepts this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm very much tired of them parodying Trump all the damn time (got no real opinion on the guy). I do miss the older seasons that had individual stories for each episode, they were a lot better and more memorable. The whole season wide trilogy thing doesn't do it for me.
    that format was indeed the best, i like randomness each episode. Same goes for eric, he changed too much. Glad he is more back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Interesting premiere.

Black Panther I kinda enjoyed as a Marvel movie, but it was defo overhyped because of the social political dynamics.

School shooter stuff was on point as well.

I think (hope) they're moving away from the serialised concepts this time.
    It's pretty apparent they aren't getting away from that, looking at Cartman's inner monologue at the very end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the end of show wants to cancel the south park lol. It shows the hashtag at end.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

downplaying the school shootings and just turning into it a randy love story was hilarious. Clever way to show how "normal" the shootings are now.

The cartman/black panthar stuff was also hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    The black panther bit with Cartman sorta feels like they're redoing the women are funny bit he did for the last two seasons. I was actually a bit disappointed by the conclusion to the school shootings joke and thought it'd end with one of the kids staging one to get out of the maths test.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    The black panther bit with Cartman sorta feels like they're redoing the women are funny bit he did for the last two seasons. I was actually a bit disappointed by the conclusion to the school shootings joke and thought it'd end with one of the kids staging one to get out of the maths test.
    why would they need to stage one when theres plenty of real ones already happening?

Was a great start to the new season. Hope they keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Same. It's such low hanging fruit. There's nothing new anymore.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK