Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    If it comes out on November I will be surprised O.o
    Same here. So much stuff unfinished and untested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgall View Post
    Same here. So much stuff unfinished and untested.
    How can you know what is finished? I notice there is ppl here thinking that there is no internal build... for all we know blizzard can have another 4 expansion live on a internal build :P

Plus, they wont let everything be tested by us

Misleading headline is misleading.

I'm gonna make a random guess on a release and post it too.

Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by mikisulu View Post
    -> healing more harder, fine

This is the stumbling point for me. You might find it funnier to play, because you actually care, but most dps are on a little powertrip and that doesnt translate well to the healing game. And making it harder is fine for people running hardmodes, but how are newbies gonna start healing.
    As a healer i see your point but blizz said that the only diference for healers is that they have to control mana more and select the healing spells better, as dps they will have to learn how to CC and move from bad places

i personally i'm tired of seeing in raids on even in 5man instances dps stading on dark round circle, or a mob seeding something at them in the air and even with 5 seconds to move they simply stand there and get hit (i dont remember the name of the 5man instance but is like the same mobs to general vexax in ulduar)

has in this case, a healer can simply heal them all the way, in Cataclysm this wont happen so DPS will need to play better, i for one if i see some dps not caring about getting hit by stuff that he can avoid i will let it die to see if he learns

its not about getting the game to non-newbie friendly, or to easy, not like that. Its all about making a balanced game that requires new ppl to learn the basic stuff like (bad place to be at, so move)
    Last edited by Spike`; 2010-09-13 at 01:43 PM.

But isn't November 2 too soon? They still have to seed the world change patch, and that's going to take a long time (given that a lot of people seem to play on modems from last century

Can some one straight this up for me ? Because my English is not so awesome.

In Flying in Azeroth bluepost part did he mean that when Cataclysm will come out and path 4.0.1 will be enabled he says that without buying cata we wont see new quests and world changes ? Because im a little confused at this part, thank you for answering.

With love to one who will explain it to me :*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Misleading headline is misleading.

I'm gonna make a random guess on a release and post it too.

Profit!
    Except that you would not make any profit, as no one gives a crap about your opinion.

The dark legacy comic should have ended on the 7th pane. The rest of it wasn't funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nov 2 is my bestfriend's birthday! Too bad he doesn't play wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post

In Flying in Azeroth bluepost part did he mean that when Cataclysm will come out and path 4.0.1 will be enabled he says that without buying cata we wont see new quests and world changes ? Because im a little confused at this part, thank you for answering.

What the blue is saying is that when patch 4.0.1 is released on live servers, world changes and new class/race combinations will not be available. These changes will be made in a later patch, but will still be available to all players, regardless of how many expansions they have.

Flying in Azeroth, however, will be limited to those who have purchased Cataclysm.

Does this answer your questions?

Nov 2. Sounds reasonable.

By now, even blueposts are calling rogues "rouges".... If make-up is not the final stage we most likely will end up as "roaches". ^^

Target release date is not release date. It's quite likely that Boub has a good handle on the target release date (either from good guesswork or the inside source he sometimes seems to have), but that doesn't mean it will happen. Blizzard is well known for delaying games when beta is not meeting their expectations. Not to say Cataclysm will be delayed, to me it seems like a month and half is enough time to correct remaining issues if they really hustle; but I think that any moderately serious issues popping up now will bust the date. (Yes a month and half, remember they have to produce, package, and ship. They don't actually have two months left to develop and test if they want to make a release in two months.)

Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post

No, everyone will still see those changes when they go live.

The PTR does not have many of these changes yet. They're trying to get the new talents and stuff to work with "current" content, since you won't need the expansion to use them. The world-changing patch may have a different version number (4.0.2 or so)

You will NOT be able to buy the new flying skill to fly in Azeroth without a Cata account, though.
    Last edited by Calaba; 2010-09-13 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    i personally i'm tired of seeing in raids on even in 5man instances dps stading on dark round circle, or a mob seeding something at them in the air and even with 5 seconds to move they simply stand there and get hit (i dont remember the name of the 5man instance but is like the same mobs to general vexax in ulduar)
    Ahn'kahet forgotten one for the ballistic ball of death .

As a healer i now usually use a chronometer to see how much time some dps are able to stay in the big black void zone without noticing it. Well, some managed to stay in it for the full duration, and then blaming me because their hp was doing the yo-yo.
    That's when you want to say "hey no problem, you don't need to thank me for saving your life even if you have such a bad case of tunnel vision that you're not able to see you're inside of a huge black circle dealing continuous damage. I for one prefer that you then spend the whole run to insult me and my family instead on focusing on dpsing, or even surviving for that matter, that's what I live for as a healer."

(Yes that really happened....sadly)

god damnit Nov2 is GT5 day for me :P

ptr is looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Teborius View Post
    What the blue is saying is that when patch 4.0.1 is released on live servers, world changes and new class/race combinations will not be available. These changes will be made in a later patch, but will still be available to all players, regardless of how many expansions they have.

Flying in Azeroth, however, will be limited to those who have purchased Cataclysm.

Does this answer your questions?
    actually that blue post hints at a change of previous statements that cata changes to 1-60 would be available with out cata.

sounds to me like a Relaunch rather than a Expansion might be incoming.. The streaming client has been delayed for years and still seems abit unfinished by blizzard standards maybe they have given up on it and optedened for a relaunch.

Maked the boxed copy give you 3months free.. and every one els gets it for free. (make cata completely replace the wow classic Box) and possibly keep TBC and Wrath or make them Digital download.)

they could handle the cost of a big push like this guys. and lets face it if they want new players they want a simpler system.

its ether that or print new Wow classic.. + WoW cata DVDs and confuse new players.

might sound craze but they would prob save money this way than loose..

getting a new fresh printed disk in some ones hands rather than have them dl 16gigs of data over a period of time would unlock potential subscription candidates for millions of more people around the world.
    Last edited by He-man; 2010-09-13 at 03:05 PM.

Judging by the Wrath Beta/Release I doubt this date is much of a stretch:

"Opt-ins for the public beta began on July 3rd, 2008; the beta began on July 17th. On October 10th, Blizzard announced that Wrath of the Lich King had gone gold and discs were being manufactured for sale;[2] the game itself was released to the public on November 13, 2008."

It took them roughly a month from the date they started pressing the discs from the release date. The beta itself was much shorter as well.

anyone else have difficulty with the PTR Launcher?? Usally i open WoW then choose Public Test and it open WoW as PTR and i can enter my info.Now when i do that instead of opening a WoW PTR it bring me to a WoW web page where i can download PTR.But it is dowloaded cause i have played this morning but now that i whant to play again it dosent work i cant access to that WoW ptr where i enter my info to be able to play.