Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly, I don't see November 2nd working, for one major reason: (But either way, I'm happy. Sister reactivated our accounts because of 4.0 hitting PTR :3)

Worgen Female STILL haven't been implemented. They require a large amount of time to test new races for any graphical bugs/etc.

So hopefully beta testers will race change immediately to Worgen Female when available to try to help flesh out the bugs ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed View Post
    EDIT: Personally I believe Boubouille's information is probably pretty close if not exact. He provides us *awesome* info constantly and is very rarely wrong. I bet we have a Blizzard announcement within the next week.
    I totally agree, Boub is usually right about these things and he probably is again this time. I just personally don't think things will be as polished and relatively problem free as we've been use to getting with a date that is almost here and the progress i've seen playing alpha/beta for 5+ months.

Deleted
    i totally believe boubouille....i am even surprised not to see the game before blizzcon tbh....2 years ago beta testers were saying the same things (game is far from finished, gonna take 6 months etc...) and it seems they can't understand that, as half of this posts say, they are absolutely not playing the most updated version of the game!!!

That date makes sense, indeed. I wonder whether it's Blizzard who leak secret information to Boubouille or it's just Boub who sets deadlines for Blizz to meet. Anyway, now they all must work real hard, not to let internets down.
    And a great one DLC today.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    First of all, they are increasing the damage healers can do. You can't really make healers do as good dps as the real dpsers though as then there would be no point in rolling pure dps classes.

Secondly, they DID admit they can't really make healing more entertaining for the masses without making it too easy. It just is not possible to cater to both the group who can't heal properly and need to be held by the hand and those who can heal properly and enjoy healing when it's challenging. Those are just too contradictory groups.

It'd be really silly if healing was suddenly made so god damn easy that any kind of a retard could come and keep the group alive without any effort. Atleast now it requires a person who is genuinely interested in such.
    The thing is... You can play DPS class and be crap at it and still progress. There is no holding hand needed there. Already in current form you will have to show quite a skill to both tank and heal. Mostly because there is just one of those two in 5 man group - but 3 dps. One decent DPS will do the job - even tho the two others are crap. One bad tank or 1 bad healer and the group is going nowhere.

So... They will not fix anything by making tanking and healing harder. They will have to adress the DPS classes and give them other roles to. CC is ok - but at this point in time like for the last two years - most dps classes only think about toping the dmg meters and that will not change alot with Blizzard making more challenging content for healers and tanks.

Personally - I think dungeon finder will not work in Cata. PPL will simply give up using it.

Not to question Boub - but Nov 2nd does seem kinda soon, six or seven weeks away? Beta is still going, and they're still making changes. I would think it would take that long just to get the code burned onto ~9 million disks, packaged and shipped all over the globe. If they do it by Nov. 2nd, I will be impressed.

What has been the historical time between close of beta and release date?

Well your Mostly spot on about this stuff So I trust you lol.

They will announce a firm release date at Blizzcon, so October 20th we will all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkymisslecat View Post
    What has been the historical time between close of beta and release date?
    From what I recall, I believe 1 or 2 weeks. Then any changes that were done after that were saved for the next ".XX" patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    If I had to guess the release date (though probably someone else already guessed it) I'd say the 7th of December. Why? Because in the Gnomer retaking fluff text on Blizz's website, the person talks of a "12.7% chance of a cataclysmic event". 12.7.

Which is a Tuesday, by the way.

Just saying.
    Which would be the 12th of July in most of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps View Post
    Which would be the 12th of July in most of the world.
    Except that since the authors were American that means absolutely nothing. It means 12th of July where I live too. So what?

Deleted
    Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodi View Post
    Your release date is wrong
    Dosen't seem like it is. If you have a beta pass. You've seen the amount of beta content there pushing through. In HUGE WAVES. They send a wave out, It's tested. Reported on, then retracted polished and put on hold for it's live release date. November sounds right, they've started the prologue to Cataclysm 8 weeks before November. They've got all the time they need to finish it. November 2nd sounds fairly right. If not it's close as close can get....

Deleted
    I just preordered the game, and I don't know how accurate they are, but on the site the release date is stated to be November 30th. I sure hope it comes sooner than this, but I seriously doubt it shall be Nov 2d. For once, they still test things and even if they work on continuous fire 24/7 I still think 1 month and a half is too little time, and then it should be more... let's say "suspense building", I mean pre events and all that. We should have time to enjoy them in game, not just have 2 days of whatever they prepared then BAM, Cataclysm.

Blizzard has always stated (and followed through each time) that six to eight weeks would be given to the end date of the current arena season... this hasn't even happened yet. I think more responsible postings should be made here. And the Beta is nowhere near ready, in fact it's a huge mess.

yes nice a date (lets hope it the correct so i can get some days off xD

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Honestly, I don't see November 2nd working, for one major reason: (But either way, I'm happy. Sister reactivated our accounts because of 4.0 hitting PTR :3)

Worgen Female STILL haven't been implemented. They require a large amount of time to test new races for any graphical bugs/etc.

So hopefully beta testers will race change immediately to Worgen Female when available to try to help flesh out the bugs ASAP.
    I would have to agree with this. As of now, there are so many bugs in beta, it's not even funny. Hell, for a while the bug report system itself wasn't even working. As it stands, I'd be disappointed if this released at any point in November, let alone the first week. If this does release November, I think I'd be tempted to by a Frostmourne replica and shove it up Bobby Kotick's...

Deleted
    i feel like cartman waiting for the relase of nintendo wii

Gamestop / EBGames confirms the date in their system has been changed from Dec 31, 2010 to November 1, 2010 for delivery date. Unfortunately they have said the date for the collectors edition is still showing as November 12th.