Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    If it comes out on Nov 2nd that's the same day as my gorillaz concert! How will I binge it all night if I'm too busy rocking out D:
    Rocking out to Gorillaz live is one of the few things I'd miss the Cata release day for!

If Boub says Nov 2nd, then even if Blizz delays it I guess they're serious about a Nov release. Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nov 2 sounds good to me. Thats just after my major exams and about a month before i go overseas.

Deleted
    I can hope Boub is right and scream like a sissy on a rainbow unicorn pony.

November 2nd is right during them holidays here in them Netherlands

HALELUJA!

November 2nd is so shit for me Got my exams during that week, it better not happen during that week otherwise I'll have to give up my Realm First 85 Rogue

November 2? I'm back from China and ready to play then!

Inb4: OMG I'VE SAID 2 NOVEMBER FOR MONTHS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it seems if it is gonna be Nov 2, then the Game Stop I pre ordered Cataclysm from 6 months ago new it was gonna be Nov 2 all along...imagine that

There are first two things I would like to comment on from GC this time around.

You might have been a better paladin for using all of your toolbox, but the fact is that even very mediocre paladins could heal just fine using only those two buttons. That's not what we are going for. If you're used to using a variety of spells, then this change won't affect you much. (Source)

Erm - since when have Paladins had variety of healing spells before? 5 years of 2 button healing and they should have experience of exactly what else?
    What ppl are critising is that the new spells are not intresting enough to make them a rotation heal (true situatinal heal) but rather a one time slap that is used so sparingly that its really not worth having there.

Secondly - regarding lack of healers in Dungeon finder. Healing IS already the most challenging part of WOW. DPS is the easiest part by miles. So there should be ways to make DPS more challenging - let them have more of a debuff role - where it is a must to debuff at the cost of doing pure dps.

I think that what GC is trying to avoid saying is that healing at this point in time is the ONLY way Blizzard have to control raid and group difficulties. So by making healing harder - they are making the overall content harder. That will NOT make healing more populare. And it will probably leave more players left out for seeing the content because lack of healers.

I suggest GC should take an entire week playing healer for 3-4 hours per day in challenging content + working full time job. It takes alot more out of you cause your attention span needs to be 110% all the time. Thats why alot of healers get burned out. And it will increase again if they are gonna base the raid progression mainly on healing difficulty.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2010-09-13 at 09:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Nilesy: and order in two crates of redbull.
    You read my freakin' mind, man!

Apologies for this out of date signature!

I'm going for November 23. Its right before the US Thanksgiving break, and its the day the original WoW was launched, right down to it being a Tuesday.

Though, I think we can all agree on November as the month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    There are first two things I would like to comment on from GC this time around.

[BLUEQUOTE]You might have been a better paladin for using all of your toolbox, but the fact is that even very mediocre paladins could heal just fine using only those two buttons. That's not what we are going for. If you're used to using a variety of spells, then this change won't affect you much. (Source)[/BLUEQUOTE]

Erm - since when have Paladins had variety of healing spells before? 5 years of 2 button healing and they should have experience of exactly what else?
    What ppl are critising is that the new spells are not intresting enough to make them a rotation heal (true situatinal heal) but rather a one time slap that is used so sparingly that its really not worth having there.

Secondly - regarding lack of healers in Dungeon finder. Healing IS already the most challenging part of WOW. DPS is the easiest part by miles. So there should be ways to make DPS more challenging - let them have more of a debuff role - where it is a must to debuff at the cost of doing pure dps.

I think that what GC is trying to avoid saying is that healing at this point in time is the ONLY way Blizzard have to control raid and group difficulties. So by making healing harder - they are making the overall content harder. That will NOT make healing more populare. And it will probably leave more players left out for seeing the content because lack of healers.

I suggest GC should take an entire week playing healer for 3-4 hours per day in challenging content + working full time job. It takes alot more out of you cause your attention span needs to be 110% all the time. Thats why alot of healers get burned out. And it will increase again if they are gonna base the raid progression mainly on healing difficulty.
    As a long time dps, i would agree, i have played dps/tank/healer in icc25, my honest opinion is that tanking is the hardest part, you have to grab aggro with no rage from triggerhappy dps. the next level of difficulty is healing, you have to watch everyone at all times, no slacking or they die. And on the buttom is dps, many can slack with some kind of aoe spam, if dps had to debuff and cc they would approach healing in difficulty. I really wonder what kind of game GC is playing, because dps is the easy part, and he is talking about making it more "interesting" ie. harder for healers, does he think that healers are easier off than dps? I seriously dont get it.

Deleted
    Well... a final release date will be when Blizzcon goes live on 22nd October but I trust in Bubouille

Deleted

On the first part: I think currently tanking is the most easy role. Especially in ICC. You have barely any movement needed. You just try to do lots of aggro, which is not all that difficult.

DPS is hard if you want to max your damage and keep that needed movement in mind. The main difference between healing and dps is, that as a dps you don't have the responsibility to keep the raid alive. As a healer you do have this responsibility. Due to that you get the feeling successfull raids depend more on good healing than anything else.

And that leeds me to your second part. I totally aggree with you on that.

On my note: I do raid as Tank and DPS and used to as a healer. If I want to have an easy Raid Night, I'll tank. If I want to have fun, I play my hunter or DK dd. And I only play a healer if one is needed and noone else can take that role because on my part healing just isn't any fun.
    Last edited by mmoc24c42d1ec8; 2010-09-13 at 10:28 AM.

[bluequote]If that means the mages and rouges have to wait 15 minutes for Dungeon Finder instead of 5 minutes, I think we can live with that.[/bluequote]
    Oh no he didn't..

Deleted
    Hurrah - an estimate of November 2nd ^^
    Just a day after my 20th birthday and hopes of collectors edition, to pre-order or not to pre-order - that is the question!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have quite a lot of faith in Boub after the whole "Hitting the announcement of the Cataclysm expansion directly on the head." thing.

so when it says tradeskills i assume it means every proffesion right?cause by tradeskill nodes i suppoce it means the window that you get when you mine/herb/craft any clarification on that ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    On the first part: I think currently tanking is the most easy role. Especially in ICC. You have barely any movement needed. You just try to do lots of aggro, which is not all that difficult.

DPS is hard if you want to max your damage and keep that needed movement in mind. The main difference between healing and dps is, that as a dps you don't have the responsibility to keep the raid alive. As a healer you do have this responsibility. Due to that you get the feeling successfull raids depend more on good healing than anything else.

And that leeds me to your second part. I totally aggree with you on that.

On my note: I do raid as Tank and DPS and used to as a healer. If I want to have an easy Raid Night, I'll tank. If I want to have fun, I play my hunter or DK dd. And I only play a healer if one is needed and noone else can take that role because on my part healing just isn't any fun.
    Its not the difficulty that burns a player out, in my experience. Its the required amount of attention to the game. A tank that loses aggro for 5 sec can wipe a raid, a healer that loses attention for 5 sec puts more pressure on the other healers, and a dps that loses attention for 5 sec, loses a bit of dps ie. not a big deal. So please stop defending the inherent lazyness of dps. I have played the same mage for 5 years, and its true that to max dps, you must use every ability at the right time, BUT you can slack for 10 sec and you still kill the boss, and no one would even notice it. NOT so for healers and tanks.

Close to the date I was given, Gamestop cashier showed me their paper for release dates, Cata was tagged with 11/1/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Oh Boub.... of course people will yell at you if you're wrong. People are always yelling about everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    GLOOOOORIOUSS!!!
    Official release date this week for sureeeeeeeeee.