Thread: Ptr=beta??

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ptr=beta??

I know it is not, i read the front page and bla bla bla... The thing is, i am downloading the PTR, and in the patch notes of the downloaderscreens tells me this:

(It's in Spanish i will to translate it accurately)
    Beta patch notes of World of Warcraft Cataclysm (version 12942):

Welcome to Beta version of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm! Patch notes detailed below are not exhaustive and can be modified during test period.

To give us your opinion about your ingame experience with the test, visit our forum "beta forum"...bla bla bla...
    So my question is... is everyone reading something similar? Maybe its a bad translators work but they usually distinguish PTR from Beta.

Its just Blizzard beeing lazy and not caring to update the patch note template.

The ptr has nothing to do with the beta

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe just a sleight of hand, tho it seems kinda unproffesional... or maybe you just had beta activated on your account and are now downloading the client.
    a third option could be that they simply attached the wrong client, so you're downloading beta client but won't be able to log in

in review i think it's the ladder that's the reason

version 12942 = BETA
    version 12941 = PTR
    - What does it say on the top of your WoW launcher?
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    It IS Cataclysm. It's just everything is disabled currently. In a few weeks they will enable the new zones (Except 80+ zones) and the new class combos on the PTR. Worgen/Goblin will NOT be available at any point on the PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    It IS Cataclysm. It's just everything is disabled currently. In a few weeks they will enable the new zones (Except 80+ zones) and the new class combos on the PTR. Worgen/Goblin will NOT be available at any point on the PTR
    why would they enable new zones on the ptr?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Yet they stated the new zones wouldn't come out until the LAUNCH of cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    why would they enable new zones on the ptr?
    Because the reworked old world is coming with the patch before Cata releases? Do you not read blue posts?

I think the PTR client has the old and the new zones at the same time. The beta client has only the new zones, so it should be smaller than the PTR.
    Can someone tell me the exact size of his PTR folder ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I think the PTR client has the old and the new zones at the same time. The beta client has only the new zones, so it should be smaller than the PTR.
    Can someone tell me the exact size of the PTR folder ?
    The PTR file is 16gb roughly. It's the whole game

The PTR file is 16gb roughly. It's the whole game
    Yeah. the OLD textures and visuals though.

In cata I bet it will jump up about 4 Gbs.

When you say the whole game, do you mean the whole of Cataclysm, or the whole of vanilla, BC, Wotlk AND Cata all in one?
    Sorry for the stupid question.

It's the same size the beta client is - so it's the complete beta just with disabled features
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Because the reworked old world is coming with the patch before Cata releases? Do you not read blue posts?
    still cant see why would they enable new zones on the ptr
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    still cant see why would they enable new zones on the ptr
    Larger testing base?

The beta client is 15.8GB.

all 4 of the games.
    you download an all new game when you download the PTR

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26725676005&pageNo=1&sid=1#4
    Flying in Azeroth will not be possible until your account is upgraded to Cataclysm. Patch 4.0.1 is slated to be released prior to Cataclysm and will not include the changes to the old world or any content exclusive to Cataclysm. This patch will apply many systems, class, and user interface changes. It's very similar in nature to the major patches which preceded the releases of The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
    Do you?

Did someone say blue posts...

From a blue post..
    Flying in Azeroth
    Flying in Azeroth will not be possible until your account is upgraded to Cataclysm. Patch 4.0.1 is slated to be released prior to Cataclysm and will not include the changes to the old world or any content exclusive to Cataclysm. This patch will apply many systems, class, and user interface changes. It's very similar in nature to the major patches which preceded the releases of The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King

So new zones will not be included on the PTR

ops someone beat me to it.

Larger testing base?
    to test what? what would they want to test by enabling new zones?
    why would they release new content to public before cataclysm comes?