Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best Cata Race For Hunter

Hey guys hows it going. After seeing the recent changes hunter are receiving I have decided to roll a hunter as my main, but I cannot decide which class to roll him as. I was thinking undead but I don't think they would look good in tier 11 as say a blood elf. The way taurens jump and move kinda bugs me too, and I don't know about goblins, they are kinda too short. If I am going to invest 30+ days or more into a character and get all the best gear raiding, I want my char to not be short and actually look good in armor so to speak, but as I said previously taurens are kind awkward for me. Meh, I can't decide, any good suggestions?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    <HORDE>
    ORC : for 5% pet damage and ap bonus every 2 mins
    TROLL : for 1% crit with bow and health regen
    Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Moddy View Post
    Hey guys hows it going. After seeing the recent changes hunter are receiving I have decided to roll a hunter as my main, but I cannot decide which class to roll him as. I was thinking undead but I don't think they would look good in tier 11 as say a blood elf. The way taurens jump and move kinda bugs me too, and I don't know about goblins, they are kinda too short. If I am going to invest 30+ days or more into a character and get all the best gear raiding, I want my char to not be short and actually look good in armor so to speak, but as I said previously taurens are kind awkward for me. Meh, I can't decide, any good suggestions?
    Err well if you are going for looks then go as a blood elf like you said.

I don't know about you, but I'm making a goblin. I like the way they look, plus this thought just can't be ignored....

Aimed Shot + Chimera Shot + Engineer rocket + Goblin racial rocket

Boom. Headshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP
    humans - alliance
    undead - horde
    PVE
    dwarf - alliance
    troll - horde

edit: forgot undead

I'm going to roll a brand new Blood Elf, cause i admit it, i'm a sucker for Elves :P

OT? Racials are subject to change, but not much. My advice? Get on wowhead and try several armors on all races, then pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna race change my hunter to a Goblin because of the rockets (pop slow fall cloak, use disengage and then turn around and use rocket belt= Get to horde side in one leap ) and because they look awesome :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhara View Post
    PVP
    humans - alliance
    undead - horde
    PVE
    dwarf - alliance
    troll - horde

edit: forgot undead
    Wouldnt horde pve be better as orc. as someone said

What if you dont have a bow?
    and 5% pet dmg + ap bonus sounds abit better

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming racials stay the way they are now (more or less), then I would recommend Orc. The 5% pet damage is going to be good for every hunter, plus I have a feeling with the way they tweaked how pets inherit stats and the fact that core hounds bring BL, I think that BM is going to be on top DPS for a good while. Some reports from the PTR confirm this. I can't test it for myself just yet though, because my downloader is being silly and uncooperative.

Female orcs (while their faces are hideous yes) have a really stong body build without being hulkish that makes them look good in hunter tier (can you tell I have a female orc? XD ) However if appearances are that important to you, perhaps you should go blood elf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambihyuuga View Post
    Wouldnt horde pve be better as orc. as someone said

What if you dont have a bow?
    and 5% pet dmg + ap bonus sounds abit better
    I'd have to disagree since 5% more pet damage is onely around 1% more damage at best of total and the AP bonus aint much,so the 1% more crit and a racial that is forgotten is the 20% speed bonus for 10seconds every 2 min that troll have + the occational 5% more damage vs beast that will probly be more often in cataclysm then late wrath since so much undeadstuff. is better. pluss waaaay cooler and better bow shooting animations on a troll!^^ (just my personal opinion not a written law)

on a side not belf isnt that bad for either pvp or pve! the racial is good in pve if you tend to go oom since those 6 seconds saving from having aspect of viper active is better thenthe others racials (with wrong setups of raid hunter will go oom during fights.) and also the extra aoe silence effect in pvp isnt bad against alot of classes like mage movign close to freeze ya to the ground and you prevent it, or extra silence when trying to nuke down a healer. nice combo is disengaging past the healer and popping it mid air.

Wow, awesome feedback guys. This helps alot, still juggling the thought of either blood elf troll or undead ><

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moddy View Post
    I love how someone can define "Best race" on looks alone. We all know looks dictate how you perform, right?

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntard View Post
    I'd have to disagree since 5% more pet damage is onely around 1% more damage at best of total and the AP bonus aint much,so the 1% more crit and a racial that is forgotten is the 20% speed bonus for 10seconds every 2 min that troll have + the occational 5% more damage vs beast that will probly be more often in cataclysm then late wrath since so much undeadstuff. is better. pluss waaaay cooler and better bow shooting animations on a troll!^^ (just my personal opinion not a written law)

on a side not belf isnt that bad for either pvp or pve! the racial is good in pve if you tend to go oom since those 6 seconds saving from having aspect of viper active is better thenthe others racials (with wrong setups of raid hunter will go oom during fights.) and also the extra aoe silence effect in pvp isnt bad against alot of classes like mage movign close to freeze ya to the ground and you prevent it, or extra silence when trying to nuke down a healer. nice combo is disengaging past the healer and popping it mid air.
    Yeah Belf is amazing for PvE in Cata. Hunters will be going OOM ALL THE TIME.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wait until they release the new racials before I race changed if I were you.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next time you log in, /roll 3.

If you roll a 1, make a Troll.
    If you roll a 2, make an Undead.
    If you roll a 3, make a Blood Elf.

Tada!

if it'S about teh stupid noobish rated stats that shouldn'T really affect your race decition like it affects a lot of "rofl i iz hardcore" guys, surely troll or orc
    but if you go judging by lore/appeareance, wichever you like..
    if you would like some nice and funny leveling, new feeling: Troll or Goblin

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Next time you log in, /roll 3.

If you roll a 1, make a Troll.
    If you roll a 2, make an Undead.
    If you roll a 3, make a Blood Elf.

Tada!
    nice idea

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 11:54 PM ----------

I love how someone can define "Best race" on looks alone. We all know looks dictate how you perform, right?

and stats that afffect like a 1% should really be more important than a model you will be looking for days and days, right?...especially if you RP

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not worgen?

goblin is also perfectly fine if not better than troll due to rocket and passive 1% haste

considering pet damage you should roll Orc
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Disengage , rocket jump.

/thread.
    Article 37 : A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If a women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy.
    Article 49 : When asked,"Do you need some help?" a Bro shall automatically respond, "i got it," whether or not he's actually got it.

Troll or GTFO. There really are no other viable races since trolls are just better than everyone for every possible reason. Roll a level 1 troll (male) and just S key in circles for a few minutes. Then /dance. If you need any further evidence as to why trolls are better than you, your mom, and everyone you will ever know and love, just remember that tusks > no tusks. That is all.

Well troll is best race, so if it can be a troll, roll it a troll