Thread: Resil changes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resil changes

So, being on a PvP server resil is naturally a fairly large thing. With the recent news of it being changed in Cataclysm theres been many conversations popping up. Basically want to see what peoples opinions are on the matter, is it a good or bad thing?

Personally I side on it being a good thing. With people having massive HP pools in Cata theres almost no point on having PvPers less damage or being crit less often. I dont think most people want to spend an hour fighting the same person.

(Thread is named wrong, dunno why I called it removal)
    Last edited by Huldron; 2010-09-14 at 03:02 AM.

Resilience isn't being removed. /endthread

It hasn't been removed last time I checked. Only that it no longer reduces your chance to be crit. It still reduces damage and mana drains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Named thread wrong, my bad.

i dont like the changes for the simple fact that my pet can no longer be crit immune(by the normal, wotlk, means.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought that it was silly that it lowered chance to be crit to start with. This new way actually seems logical as now it makes a player more "resilient" overall. Also, resilience impacted attacking classes differently when it lowered crit chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they remove it for the sake of removing that huge gap dividing PvP and PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I just hope they remove it for the sake of removing that huge gap dividing PvP and PvE.
    I also hope they make PvP gear better for PvE than PvE gear, because it is far and away harder to get.

Stop being stupid, the days of facerolling people in Dunegon sets has gone, if you want to pvP, get PvP gear.

Given that they introduced resilience to create this gap in the first place... doubtfull.

At least this thread has a nice trap for people that read only the title.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that they introduced resilience to create this gap in the first place... doubtfull.
    They introduced it so that players won't kill each other in seconds, seeing how damage went up and survivability stayed almost the same. Nothing that increased stamina and armor (which they did in Cata btw) cannot accomplish...

It just sucks to be helpless in global PvP without proper equipment.

I have to agree. However, some sort of mechanic that makes you dodge more or crit more needs to be implemented so we're not all doing the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Till now pvp sucks on ptr because you don't have the new shiney armor and 5 more lvl - in the endgame a mage will run around with 120k hp or something like that...

And surprise - the DPS didn't go trough the roof - with the usual blue gear out of inis and 85 you should do around 10k dps or less - right now a good player can top that with ease in a low icc gear.

No more oneshotting - you have to focus with your mates and healers become a very important thing in the near future (and their manapool - no more hastestacking )
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Resilience is a bad long term solution to pvp balance, just having a different rule set for how hard players hit other players would be a lot easier to balance and open up pvp more. Having two different mostly incompatible gear progressions routes is simply ridiculous, I can hardly enjoy pvp with my friends or alts or invite an arena buddy to a raid because they don't have the gear.

Since Blizzard is adding rated BGs perhaps they'll be considered the raids of PvP, I could see them doing away with resilience and not having a problem with handing out all around good gear. The only reason I believe they had resilience in place was to make sure something you did with 2-5 players wasn't used in large raids.
    I'd like to see PvP sets like we had in classic; lots of stam and good set bonuses for pvp, the sets would be usable in PvE as well; not the best for pve and the same goes for pve sets in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nide View Post
    Resilience is a bad long term solution to pvp balance, just having a different rule set for how hard players hit other players would be a lot easier to balance and open up pvp more. Having two different mostly incompatible gear progressions routes is simply ridiculous, I can hardly enjoy pvp with my friends or alts or invite an arena buddy to a raid because they don't have the gear.
    Stop QQing about pvp gear and resil. MMO's are intended to eat a lot of time. If you don't have time to do both, then don't. Don't try to do it with the wrong gear and then cry that blizz should cater more to casuals. The only reason people cry about resil is because they want to pvp in raid gear so they can be lazy and don't have to actually pvp to get their pvp gear.

Raar, what your comment boils down to is "Shut up, play more". It's pretty hard forcing a friend to play more for a part of the game they might do casually.

The pvp gearing system is completely broken and isn't fun, there isn't a place of entree for characters without pvp gear other then getting stomped in BGs or farming badges.
    Last edited by Nide; 2010-09-14 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nide View Post

Since Blizzard is adding rated BGs perhaps they'll be considered the raids of PvP, I could see them doing away with resilience and not having a problem with handing out all around good gear. The only reason I believe they had resilience in place was to make sure something you did with 2-5 players wasn't used in large raids.
    I'd like to see PvP sets like we had in classic; lots of stam and good set bonuses for pvp, the sets would be usable in PvE as well; not the best for pve and the same goes for pve sets in pvp.
    What you're really saying is you want top tier raiders to faceroll the pvp scene because they will have access to the best and most powerful gear, while actual PvPers will just be stam stackers trying to survive that unfair burst.

The astounding hypocrisy here is that so many who prefer the PvE aspect of the game who say that they can't enjoy casual pvp because they need to a farm a 2nd set of gear, don't acknowledge their solution would force those who enjoy the PvP aspect of the game to go raid like you do to compete. Why is it bad that you have to go farm something, to play something that isn't your focus, but it's ok to make everyone else farm something that isn't their focus, to play something they enjoy?

You want to play in the other end of the sandbox? Go farm out a 2nd set of gear. The PvP scene is already flooded enough as it is with people abusing PvE gear. Check any double healer warrior or TSG team rocking twin shadowmournes.
    Last edited by Danur; 2010-09-14 at 01:52 PM.

that defeats the point of pvp gear bro. if that was the case, id be wearing my tank gear in arena.

They introduced it so that players won't kill each other in seconds, seeing how damage went up and survivability stayed almost the same. Nothing that increased stamina and armor (which they did in Cata btw) cannot accomplish...

It just sucks to be helpless in global PvP without proper equipment.
    No, they introduced it so they have a stat that is pretty much only usefull in PvP, to allow them to make PvP specific equipment that is no good in PvE.
    As you said, they could have accomplished longer fights in other ways. They did not want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Raar View Post
    Stop QQing about pvp gear and resil. MMO's are intended to eat a lot of time. If you don't have time to do both, then don't. Don't try to do it with the wrong gear and then cry that blizz should cater more to casuals. The only reason people cry about resil is because they want to pvp in raid gear so they can be lazy and don't have to actually pvp to get their pvp gear.
    What a great argument for requiring people to spend time gathering 2 sets of gear. Why not extend it, then, so that you need to gather different sets for every day of the week? Thats will eat a lot of time, and that's what MMOs are for, right?

(For the hard of thinking, what I'm saying is: "why SHOULD we have to spend time gathering 2 sets?" and Blizz seem to have some sympathy since you will be able in Cata to swap PVE and PVP 'points' around a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Sarcastic View Post
    What a great argument for requiring people to spend time gathering 2 sets of gear. Why not extend it, then, so that you need to gather different sets for every day of the week? Thats will eat a lot of time, and that's what MMOs are for, right?

(For the hard of thinking, what I'm saying is: "why SHOULD we have to spend time gathering 2 sets?" and Blizz seem to have some sympathy since you will be able in Cata to swap PVE and PVP 'points' around a bit)
    Did you miss my post entirely?

Even if Blizzard did change the way stats worked in pvp so that burst wouldn't be out of control with resil, the issue would still remain of top raiders having access to the best gear forcing the players who actually focus and enjoy pvp to have to go raid themselves just to keep up and compete. That's the real deal here that so many aren't willing to admit when they make stupid arguments about getting rid of resil/pvp gear. It's not that it being such a painful grind. It's that you resent getting rolled in pvp because you didn't put the effort in or have the skill to compete, and would prefer gimping your competition so that you can outgear them in current tier sets.

What's even more insulting is that gaining a basic pvp set is hardly a grind that can be done without even bging whatsoever. Just farm some heroics with friends, and afk in Wintergrasp every other hour. Meanwhile what would the average pvper have to do in order to keep up in your ideal game? Join a reputable raiding guild that is capable of full clearing current content, gain a good standing in that guild so that they have access to the best loot, and raid for 3-10 hours per week hoping for that drop that they want, and that no one higher on the EPGP/DKP/Loot Council ladder has dibs above them.

In short, GTFO of here with this shit, go farm your gear like the rest of us, and stop QQing about being bad.