Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Can you buy full wrathfull with these honor points without the appropriate arena-rating requirement?
    Wrathfull items I mean weapons and armor,

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 500 badges of justice on my druid(bad rng for raven lord) and 200 on my shaman, any idea on what the rate for conversion from old badges to gold is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i have 500 badges of justice on my druid(bad rng for raven lord) and 200 on my shaman, any idea on what the rate for conversion from old badges to gold is?
    It has allready been stated, that all the math about the conversion rates is posted tomorrow. So just be patient till tomorrow.

Deleted
    Can you buy full wrathfull with these honor points without the appropriate arena-rating requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Iralien View Post
    So Triumph and Frost becomes Justice Points... which means Triumph = Frost. So while today we can get a maximum of 2 Frost per heroic today... there will be no limit when this change goes in. How odd.

My #1 question is what currency will we use to buy the current Badge of Justice gear? Gold or Justice Points? Gold means that people could get the gear really, really easily. Justice Points means that you could never get that gear at the appropriate level. I have a Shaman I've just started farming TBC heroics and this is an interesting change...
    Because when 4.0 drops it will, for all intents and purposes, be the next tier of content. Technically Cataclysm will follow the patch by a few weeks, but most people aren't going to spend "Justice Points" on Frost gear when they can save them and get base line Cataclysm Epics with them in a few weeks. From the sounds of things, we will A) get more points per run in Cataclysm, and B) pay a lot more point per item; but a head start is a head start. Yes, you could theoretically use the change to face roll getting a lot of T-10 level gear at the very end of Wrath, but then you'd just replace it all in the early Cataclysm quests, essentially "wasting" those points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    It has allready been stated, that all the math about the conversion rates is posted tomorrow. So just be patient till tomorrow.

excellent, didnt read entire post t l. what i get for staying up grinding nothing but thorium brotherhood and zandalar rep

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zampaman View Post
    It doesn't matter how often you post the same question, no one is going to answer you anyway.

Deleted
    The conversion rates were briefly posted on the french forum earlier this morning but the post was pulled and I didn't make a copy of it

What I remember (and what was quoted by other people) is summed up below :
    1 frost emblem = 2.75 justice points
    1 triumph emblem = 2.75 justice points
    1 other WotLK emblem = 5.5 gold
    1 TBC emblem = just under 2 gold

1 honor point = 0.024 new honor points
    1 venture coin = 3 new honor points
    1 stone keeper's shard = 1.6 new honor points
    1 arena point = 0.85 new honor points

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Cataclysm Currency Changes Explained
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    As we discussed in our previous announcement (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=24401796793), we're refining the currency systems used for purchasing PvE and PvP items in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, in hopes to force those players whom have cancelled their accounts, to come come back before they lose out on their now meanningless loot and achievements - otherwise they could ride on them forever. Haha you booboo, stick your face in doodoo.
    Fixed.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

Deleted
    odd, nobody mentioned that enhancement gets
    3 extra skill points for free
    That's better than a... free boat ride for three

Deleted
    So when could we expect patch 4.0?

Quote Originally Posted by zampaman View Post
    I doubt it, because the wrathful is the top arena gear and it will stil be till the season 9 starts. You will be able to buy full wrathful with the new honor points once the season 9 starts and better gear (lvl85) is issued.

---------- Post added 2010-09-15 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    So when could we expect patch 4.0?
    It's the official 4.0.1 patch which was put on public PTR (not the beta) this week, so probably not in the next two weeks, and as we know, blizz said that patch 4.0.3 will be issued prior to Cataclysm official release (making cata 4.0.9 or 4.1???) it should be soon, but not in the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    It's the official 4.0.1 patch which was put on public PTR (not the beta) this week, so probably not in the next two weeks, and as we know, blizz said that patch 4.0.3 will be issued prior to Cataclysm official release (making cata 4.0.9 or 4.1???) it should be soon, but not in the next two weeks.
    You're mixing things up, 4.0.3 will be the Cata patch, while 4.0.1 is the preparation patch.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post

Yeh, 2 weeks away at least, since it's arena season end, so there'll probably be an announcement (blue sticky post) about that on the official PvP forums.
    But consider this - there's 2 pre-patches this time, and only 4 Wednesdays for them to go live in October. (Assuming they ARE patching on Wednesdays, as with every patch ever!)
    Oh... and I doubt it'll be 4.1 on release day. It'll be 4.0.3, or 4.0.4, or something. Note that we're still on 3.3.5 now - they don't increase numbers that quickly.
    Last edited by Calaba; 2010-09-15 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirawin View Post
    Now, Blizzard obviously is not going to give you a ton of justice points to spend on T11 gear, that's what the valor points are for, and I'm guessing that at level 85 we'll see a similar system used to how we earn frost right now. I'm curious as to the need for the justice points at the beginning of a new expansion though, since there isn't really a viable previous tier for a new level 85 to buy. Plus, it doesn't make sense to let people buy way better level 85 gear with points you earned at level 80. That's bad for Blizzard's model of keeping people playing. If I were to guess, I'd say the justice points will simply be like our current Conquest emblems....useless.
    At a guess they'll be like Emblems of Heroism were at the beginning of Wrath. Useful to buy your starter raid set (not Tier which will be bought with the Valor Points or maybe dropped, but the starter Epics and/or Rares that you will use when you first enter the early raids.) Most likely starter raid sets will be made from a combination of Heroic 5 man drops, Justice Point gear, Rep gear, and crafted gear.

Edit to reduce quote length and Add:

Quote Originally Posted by mikisulu View Post
    Nothing you do before lvl85 can have any affect on what you can do at lvl85. It is nothing they have done before, just look at what have been done with arena/honor points going from 70 to 80. My bet is that once you reach lvl 85 all of your Justice points get reset, just like your honor points do. This is to make sure everyone has an equal start. With the added limit on what you can buy, to what you can actually use, this guarantees the start to be equal for all. But please try to outsmart GC, and get a headstart by stockpiling worthless crap. The only thing that will carry over is gold.
    Doubt it. There's precedent here. Currently Random Regular Dungeons earn two Badges of Triumph for the first one of the day, and many people have enough badges to buy a tier piece or two as soon as they hit 80. This will be the same. Indications are that the "value" of Justice Points relative to the cost of items is much higher than current badge prices. So if you get a couple hundred Justice Points from your current badges, it's just a small head start on getting your 85 starter raid set when you hit max level. Even people with a thousand or more badges won't be getting more than a piece or two, so it's not a huge bonus, just a little help getting you started.
    Last edited by DrgnDancer; 2010-09-15 at 06:36 PM.

Does anyone know what this does to the price of current badge gear? Specifically, I'm currently farming badges for BoA gear for my shammy to help push through to 80 a little quicker plus they're better than anything that is dropping for me in the dungeons. Are BoA's going to be gold since that's what their tier of badges converts to or is everything justice points?

Deleted
    Nice, finally a gold turn in for old emblems which I've wanted for ages, got hundreds of the damn things.

Does this mean that all vendor items like T10, gems and saronites etc can be purchased via "justice points" after 4.0.1 hits

Apparently. Style-T9 for my Tauren paladin just got a lot easier :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Yes once 4.0.1 hits all the gear from the current Frost emblems and lower will be bought with Justice Points. The conversion rate does seem ridiculous but people aren't taking into consideration how many points you will be getting per daily heroic and assuming you still get 2 points per. The only reason to stockpile the emblems at this moment is you are still going after some T10 gear or BOA items for alts as it does give you a little help in JP. As far as saving them for future Epic gear for lvl 85, this is pointless as in a previous blue post it was stated that once higher gear is implemented all the current JP you have at that moment converts to gold and everyone starts off with a clean slate.