Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowmourne Chaos Bane

I tried looking in the forum for this but couldn't find it.
    Could someone please give me a link to the Shadowmourne Chaos Bane mod? The one that cancels the buff.

Bind the following macro to all your attacks:
    /cancelaura Chaos Bane

So, for example:
    /cast Judgment
    /cancelaura Chaos Bane

This would cast Judgment and cancel the buff if you currently have it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I tried looking in the forum for this but couldn't find it.
    Could someone please give me a link to the Shadowmourne Chaos Bane mod? The one that cancels the buff.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=shadowmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Bind the following macro to all your attacks:
    /cancelaura Chaos Bane

So, for example:
    /cast Judgment
    /cancelaura Chaos Bane

This would cast Judgment and cancel the buff if you currently have it up.
    Don't do this. Just go out to curse.com and DL the addon called Chaos Bane Buddy.

Here, I'll even give you the link to it.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ebuddy_lk.aspx

The FreeMe addon can be painfully annoying if you don't know how to remove the spells that it cancels by default.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Don't do this. Just go out to curse.com and DL the addon called Chaos Bane Buddy.

Here, I'll even give you the link to it.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ebuddy_lk.aspx

The FreeMe addon can be painfully annoying if you don't know how to remove the spells that it cancels by default.
    if it removes some base that is news to me.

edit: yeah, it auto removes....blessing of salvation and nether protection. 2 spells that no longer exist. how is that an annoyance? FreeME works brilliantly. i suggest it over the others.
    Last edited by Nikoll; 2010-09-15 at 06:34 AM.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post

edit: yeah, it auto removes....blessing of salvation and nether protection. 2 spells that no longer exist. how is that an annoyance? FreeME works brilliantly. i suggest it over the others.
    It removes hand for your information. Downloaded it for my ret. Went arena as holy. In the midle of arena match warrior goes for me. Using glyph of salvation so ofc i throw hand of salvation on myself to get 20% less damage. As soon I pop it dissapears. Reading chat log saying Hand of salvation removed.

So yeah it's updated then and it removes Hand of salvation.

Thank you everyone.

I havent played a plate dps since 3.1, so i dont quite understand why you want to remove it?
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    I havent played a plate dps since 3.1, so i dont quite understand why you want to remove it?
    I assume to not to break CC?

Becouse there is alot of CC in raiding today? hmm i doubt its that to be honest, and i also doubt we are talking pvp here since we are in pally forums, but i could be wrong? o.O

Deleted
    Cuz of this

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    the reason that you remove the chaos bane buff is because we stack the 30 STR stacks so fast that we proc the damage in 4 seconds or so. this means that having 2K damage every 4 seconds and an average of 135 STR is better than 2K damage every 14 seconds, 135 STR for 4 seconds and 270 STR for 10 seconds.
    ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping the str stacks up is more of a DPS gain from what I've heard.

Ok, smart thinking there, but seriously, if you want to remove the buff, the blizzard failed ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post

Come on now. Of all the people you would even consider questioning about this.........

Code:
    	_G["FREEME_TBL"] = {}
    	_G["FREEME_TBL"][1038] = true --Salv
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1038 is Hand of Salvation. This addon had little, if no, use to anyone but tanks in TBC in its pure base form. Someone chose to resurrect this addon for the purpose of canceling the Chaos Bane buff. Why? Why use an addon that cancels or hunts for other buffs when Chaos Bane Buddy does only that?

Now you could have gone and added a bunch of stuff to it, but he was just looking for a Chaos Bane remover. On the off-chance he needed to be salv'd and FreeMe cleared it, then what?? No one told him what else the addon cleared. One dead SM wielder incoming.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Come on now. Of all the people you would even consider questioning about this.........

Code:
    	_G["FREEME_TBL"] = {}
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1038 is Hand of Salvation. This addon had little, if no, use to anyone but tanks in TBC in its pure base form. Someone chose to resurrect this addon for the purpose of canceling the Chaos Bane buff. Why? Why use an addon that cancels or hunts for other buffs when Chaos Bane Buddy does only that?

Now you could have gone and added a bunch of stuff to it, but he was just looking for a Chaos Bane remover. On the off-chance he needed to be salv'd and FreeMe cleared it, then what?? No one told him what else the addon cleared. One dead SM wielder incoming.
    I think the addon description when you DL it says something about what it removes as default, but it's cool someone made one for just Chaos Bane. Makes things easier for quite a large chunk of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    I think the addon description when you DL it says something about what it removes as default, but it's cool someone made one for just Chaos Bane. Makes things easier for quite a large chunk of players.
    The author of CBB joined my guild a month or so ago. Was kinda weird when we were sitting in vent chatting about CB and he said "oh hey, I wrote that." That bastard gets beta keys for writing addons for curse. Grrr!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    The author of CBB joined my guild a month or so ago. Was kinda weird when we were sitting in vent chatting about CB and he said "oh hey, I wrote that." That bastard gets beta keys for writing addons for curse. Grrr!!!
    What the EFF! That addon would take 3 lines of code and I could have just ninja'd them all from Freeme. Well now I know for xpac #4.

Yeah. He LOL's about that too.

15+ Year Old Account

Code:
    	_G["FREEME_TBL"] = {}

Indeed, when Salvation was a Blessing you didn't exactly want that on you when tanking.

That being said, FreeMe is a good "all-around" add-on. For example, I have a Hunter alt, and can have this addon remove Hand of Protection automatically for me without using 2 addons (i.e. CBB and FreeMe).

It is sort of like Class Timers- They are good for multiple classes/uses, but if you only will use the addon for a specific class then you are better off with the "specialized" addon.