Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    So fellow Jewelcracters, riddle me this.

I have a grudzillion blue gems that fell out of Saronite Ore: Monarch Topaz, Living Ruby, Forest Emerald and such. They litter my bank, because I have very few recipes for them and I want to concentrate on epic cuts. Is there any point in buying recipes for and cutting the blues? There are tons of them on the AH already... does anyone even buy or do people go straight to epix?

I made 3-4k a day off of non-epic gems. So, to answer your question, yes. The biggest profit makers are Scarlet Rubies, Autumn's glows and Solid Sky Sapphire. The other types sell alright, but not great. Forest Emeralds I cut and Vendor, 99% of the time.

The key is on my server I'm the only major player selling them. Demand is fairly low but consistent enough to make reliable profit from it. I don't even sell epic gems in quantity, as the market on my server is WELL beyond saturated.
    Last edited by Llunai; 2010-09-17 at 03:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still use blue gems (or in rare cases greens if there isnt a blue one available)
    I only use them for when I get a gearpiece that I think will be replaced soon.
    Because by buying cheaps gems I will be able to get the socket bonus which is better then socketing nothing at all.

Considering that people can gem their gear as soon as lvl 60 and are highly unlikely to buy the expensive epic cuts for such gear, there is indeed a market for them.
    List them between 15-40g depending on your server economy and you should get plenty of profit.

Not to mention there is people buying rare gems with the intent of transmuting them.
    So there is still profit to be had even if you dont have a desirable cut.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Considering that people can gem their gear as soon as lvl 60 and are highly unlikely to buy the expensive epic cuts for such gear, there is indeed a market for them.
    List them between 15-40g depending on your server economy and you should get plenty of profit.

Not to mention there is people buying rare gems with the intent of transmuting them.
    So there is still profit to be had even if you dont have a desirable cut.
    This really.

You'd be amazed how decent Outlands gear, especially if it's something fast and easy to get like Kara/Netherstorm/Shadowmoon gear can be for leveling up with Northrend blue gems. The rating bonuses alone usually make them worth holding onto for 4-5 levels, even if the raw stats fall slightly behind. They're great for alts. I remember getting some 3 socketed greens from Hellfire/Zangar quests for I think four slots, and it ended up making my Rogue fully expertised capped and ridiculous amounts of hit.

They won't sell that fast, but cut the right pieces and you'll at least get something out of the gems.

i still cut some "blue" gems a few times a week. since most non-min-maxers will gem with a blue gem in blue gear, even in really "low" iLvl epics like - 226, stuff u know u will replace in a day or so.

Deleted
    People who are poor, or people that are cheap not to buy epic gems untill they got 264 gear.

Most people who buy blue gems are either stupid or want them temporarily, either until they can find an epic gem of the same type or they get better gear.