Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendol View Post
    Fast forward to level 85. Clearly, justice badges are going to be able to buy something useful for a level 85 who's able to run heroics (beyond BoA gear). Unless you think the design goal is so people can accumulate enough points such that when the next tier comes out, they can immediately buy a full set.
    You wont get Justice points for running 85 Heroics - you will get Valor (or whatever they called them) Justice Points are only what we get for eliminating/converting out all our current badges to the new point system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    There is no known emblem cap!

I knowz, but 300 emblems aint a bad ammount and it was eazy to calculate

If you're on a server where you have WG all the time (like horde on my server). Each clear of a heroic is worth between 19 and 38 new honor points simply from stone keeper shard conversion.

That's equivalent of 791-1583 old honor points

Seems a little high to me considering that I don't PVP and will be at almost half the cap simply from stone keeper shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpissah View Post
    Stop trading your Wintergrasp Marks of Honor for Wintergrasp Commendations. You'll get more honor from the mark conversion than the honor conversion (if I did my math correctly). 171 new honor for 9 commendations vs. 48 new honor for the 2000 old honor. EDIT: Grats to the guy who said he had 4000 venture coins yesterday!
    The favorable conversion rates suggests that Blizz wants to popularize Venture Co. and Wintergrasp as training for Tol Barad. I almost bought Marks of Honor last week. I'm glad I held off, but it'll be a moot point if there isn't anything new to buy with Honor points.

Does anyone know how much Justice Points will a "frost item" cost ?

Quote Originally Posted by mewt666 View Post
    so emblems of frost have the same value as emblems of triumph ? what bullshit
    This is just to allow everybody to buy the frost gwar in patch 4.0

Farm triumph now, buy t10 later.

A lot of you dont seem to get it. "Justice Points" are only here for the sole reason to give you currency from the time that 4.0.1 to the time that Cata comes out and you can level to 85. That way they can convert to the new system without you being unable to buy anything until you get into Cata dungeons. Justice Points wont be able to buy anything new in Cataclysm. Items that cost emblems right now will cost the equivalent in points. The new system is just so that you can store more "badges" that can be automatically downgraded when a new tier comes out. That means no stockpiling for when fresh gear comes out.

Those conversion rates aren't that good. Nice if you have old emblems sitting around but no where near good enough to farm old instances for gold. Far too low gold per hour there. Better off spending them on gems they sell for more than you would get out of this.
    Last edited by row; 2010-09-15 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    This is just to allow everybody to buy the frost gwar in patch 4.0

Farm triumph now, buy t10 later.
    From memory, a trinket was 763 points or something on the PTR...

Quote Originally Posted by Chao View Post
    A lot of you dont seem to get it. "Justice Points" are only here for the sole reason to give you currency from the time that 4.0.1 to the time that Cata comes out and you can level to 85. That way they can convert to the new system without you being unable to buy anything until you get into Cata dungeons. Justice Points wont be able to buy anything new in Cataclysm. Items that cost emblems right now will cost the equivalent in points. The new system is just so that you can store more "badges" that can be automatically downgraded when a new tier comes out. That means no stockpiling for when fresh gear comes out.
    This is direct from bliz
    Here's the breakdown:

PvE
    Hero Points -- Low-tier, easier-to-get PVE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, but no cap to how quickly you can earn them. Earned from most dungeons. (most like the current Emblem of Triumph)
    Valor Points -- High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, as well as a cap to how many you can earn per week. Earned from Dungeon Finder daily Heroic and from raids. (most like the current Emblem of Frost)
    Since then they re-named Hero points to Justice points but the point is still the same. It's clear that Justice points are the new Triumph emblems and Valor points are the new Frost emblems.

I have no doubt they'll increase the cap once cata hits and have the cata gear priced higher (so you don't cap out at 80 and then have a full set as soon as you ding 85), but you'll certainly be able to use the same currency to buy level 85 gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit kids...they're converting over old arena points!? Finally that giant pile of worthlessness will be given a purpose! I hope they do that every changeover because it's awesome.

I'm gunna be slightly richer! Hooray!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Does anyone know how much Justice Points will a "frost item" cost ?
    ptr says 1100 JP for a T10 helmet. source should be trustful. this means the whole thing smells like ripoff to me because the helmet would cost 400 emblems then

but anyone might feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Chao View Post
    Valor points represent the currency for the current tier of raiding (ie, when T13 comes out we'll use Valor points to buy it)
    Justice points represent the currency for the previous tier of raiding (ie, when T13 comes out we'll be able to use Justice points to buy T12)

Nothing has yet been said about what the Cata heroics/T11 raids will give you. So you can't say for sure what you can or can't use them for.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    This is just to allow everybody to buy the frost gwar in patch 4.0 Farm triumph now, buy t10 later.
    Exactly.

The only benefit to stockpiling badges now (albeit a good one) is to buy a some more pieces of Frost gear a few weeks before the expansion hits. Which means basically everyone is going to be leveling in Frost gear. Talk about a gear-reset!

Can anybody tell me if the Commendation Badges from WG still exist? Theoretically it would be 48 honor points... but can anybody confirm that they are in the PTR?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is good to know, because i have been dumping all my Heroism's (by way of Triumph's) into buying and selling gems on the cheap. With this current gold/token, red/blue/yellow gems are "worth" 82.5g. and the market keeps dropping. better off for me to hold onto the badges now.
    Last edited by tresser; 2010-09-15 at 06:03 PM. Reason: clarification edit

Quote Originally Posted by Homeschool View Post
    Except, if you run with a group of 5 people, you EACH get 8g. Can't fix the solo value without granting 5 badges per boss, regardless of attendance.
    Yes, but at the same time you get 5 times LESS other loot. Even if you manage to do 5 heroics per hour (which is entered instace cap per hour outside dungeon tool!), it is a laughable 40 gold.

The point is 1.8g per BoJ is good if you have some left over from TBC or leveling through random level 70 heroics, but nowhere close to worth farming them now.

Quote Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
    I have no doubt they'll increase the cap once cata hits and have the cata gear priced higher (so you don't cap out at 80 and then have a full set as soon as you ding 85), but you'll certainly be able to use the same currency to buy level 85 gear.
    People - think about it. Does it make ANY sense that I could stockpile /faceroll content for a few weeks right now and then cash it all in for level 85 gear? No. Does it make any sense that I could convert old Alterac Valley tokens I collected 3 years ago to get ilvl300+ gear? No.

Hate to burst your bubble, but thats not how it will work.

Justice points let us buy the stuff in game right now. Valor points buy the new Cata gear, and none of us have any yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what a retarded thing Blizzard are doing here, 50 conq badges gives 275g? lol I guess I'll make my warrior prot again and farm the shit out of heroics between now and Cata and make a ton of gold? god knows how much triumph are going to give my warrior has about 140g I guess that's close to 600g for them? bollocks tbh, when you consider people raiding constantly have probably stacked up masses of emblems then they are walking away with thousands of gold, for what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpissah View Post
    Stop trading your Wintergrasp Marks of Honor for Wintergrasp Commendations. You'll get more honor from the mark conversion than the honor conversion (if I did my math correctly). 171 new honor for 9 commendations vs. 48 new honor for the 2000 old honor.

EDIT: Grats to the guy who said he had 4000 venture coins yesterday!
    Yeah there's really no point this late in the game anyway better to just hold em.