10+ Year Old Account

Question What RTS should I be playing?

Hey there! So I've been in a very RTSing mood lately, but problem is, I've exhausted the ones I have!
    Anyway, I'd like to get some reccomendations for more RTSs. I do have some criteria to give you an idea of what I'm looking for.

It has to be for pc (for a couple reasons)
    It can't be SC2, Red Alert 3, or Command and Conquer 3 (played them all to death)
    but it should be that style of RTS or similar
    I like modern or Sci-fi, but am willing to try others
    the interface can't make me want to cut myself

And yes, I've already played Lords of the Realm 2, it was literally the best game ever
    but its time to move on.

Oh, and say something about the game if you would. A name isn't a lot to go on.

15+ Year Old Account
    RUSE is pretty fancy

Uh, not sure how to explain it...

Sorry =s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.U.S.E.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, if you say "I found an PC conversion for Halo Wars" or "Microsoft released Halo Wars PC while you were under a rock" you win the thread.

It's and old video game, but a very awesome video game and still is fun for how old it is (10 years old to be exact).

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors

Halo wars wasnt a good RTS game, in both gameplay and game balance. It rode on the back of Halo series, and wouldnt stand a chance without Halo's immense popularity.

If you dont mind playing old games, there are too many to count. Homeworld 1 &2 are my favs, wiki it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeworld

You can try the Original Command & Conquer, as well as Red Alert and Tiberian Sun, they are available for free.

It's not that the Interface will make you cut yourself, It's really that you wont have convenient things like stacking building orders (Except Tiberian sun, the cap for stacking is 5). You'll get used to it, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Caradinist; 2010-09-16 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.