Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Archaeology Guide And Site Location Maps!

So in my travels around the newly ravaged Azeroth I have come across an interesting new profession, Archaeology! This post will cover everything I know about this interesting and exciting new profession. I am going to be updating the post and the maps in it as often as I can. Any help is appreciated! If I missed something or if you have any digsites/fossil fields to add to the map, feel free to comment below and let me know!

Cataclysm: Archaeology Guide And Maps

Below you can see a preview of the maps I used for the guide. I am very sure they will be useful and used! I am updating them daily so keep checking back at Mitarn for more.

This map is just an example, you can find the rest (Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Outland and Northrend) at the post on Mitarn.

Cataclysm: Archaeology Guide And Maps

Enjoy! I am actually about to update the maps and the post today with a bit of new info and a ton of new digsites so be sure to check that out! Share it with your friends and let me know what you think!

21 September Update: We have updated the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor Maps! Enjoy!
    Last edited by mitarn; 2010-09-21 at 09:11 AM.

Good guide and the maps are going to be usefull when the game releases - thanks!

I have been looking at making maps myself, but now I don't have to. Thanks very much, these are great!

Thanks Vasz!

I have updated all the maps with a ton of new digsites and fossil fields. The Outland map is also now available!

Enjoy!

Nice! I'm surely gonna use this when cata launches

Thanks a loootttt! I sure hope everyone uses it! I am still working on them and should have a second update ready after the weekend!

getting xp for every time i uncover a artifact now (10k at lvl 58)

I got 108 skill now, everywhere I go the artifact is gray and does not increase the skill... is there a list of locations per skill rather than per race?

---------- Post added 2010-09-19 at 04:04 PM ----------

ah ok i figured out you also get skill ups when you 'solve' an artifact

Quote Originally Posted by YersiniaPestis View Post
    I got 108 skill now, everywhere I go the artifact is gray and does not increase the skill... is there a list of locations per skill rather than per race?

---------- Post added 2010-09-19 at 04:04 PM ----------

ah ok i figured out you also get skill ups when you 'solve' an artifact
    Yup, past 100 skill you'll need to solve in order to gain skillups.

At lvl 80+ the XP gain is 30k (and 60k if you're rested). kinda insane for now!

I would recommend that you pick up artifacts till 100 skill before starting to solve artifacts ^_^

uriahworld: your maps on your site look pretty much identical to the original poster's map. Same colours and not one location that they don't have. And I'm sure thats not all the digsite locations. That's abit rude to not credit or anything, just saying.
    Last edited by Riotpanda; 2010-09-20 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riotpanda View Post
    I would recommend that you pick up artifacts till 100 skill before starting to solve artifacts ^_^

uriahworld: your maps on your site look pretty much identical to the original poster's map. Same colours and not one location that they don't have. And I'm sure thats not all the digsite locations. That's abit rude to not credit or anything, just saying.
    The OP definitely had the right idea to give a general overview of where dig sites are. My maps are very similar, it works. I actually do have a link back to the OPs site under Internets on the sidebar of the site (the Mitarn Archaeology Guide & Maps link).
    Alas I'm still heavily modifying the site so many other linkbacks are not in place yet. Many pages still miss things like that, but they'll be there soon.

Ah, well I did mention that I am perfectly fine with anyone using the maps as long as they link back / credit me! We will keep updating the maps as often as we can, enjoy!

We are updating the maps as I type this, actually. So thanks for linking back and all that, I hope the maps helped.

bookmarked for future use

Great!

Updated Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms!

This guide is really great and looking forward to spending most of my Wedensday leveling Archaeology :P

Nice! Glad you all like it We are working on updates for Northrend and Outland, we will upload them soom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice thread, will definitely use it in the future.

Deleted
    Hey mitarn, any info on the qiraj battletank and which race's archeology it'll be asociated with ?
    Any info would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Hey mitarn, any info on the qiraj battletank and which race's archeology it'll be asociated with ?
    Any info would be awesome
    TotalBiscuit said on his latest video, that you need to research Tol'vir
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3rfvBac2NM

TotalBiscuit said on his latest video, that you need to research Tol'vir
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3rfvBac2NM
    Yes! It's the highest level of Archaeology, so far at least. Every Tol'vir piece that you solve will give you a chance to get that Battletank research thingy pop up. I gotta say getting so many Tol'vir fragments will probably take a while!

I am actually working on a larger update of the guide (After the Outland and Northrend Maps) including a lot of the higher level stuff. Thanks for answering it, though, artemisthemp!