Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Wishing i didn't turn in 1000+ badges for gems.

Wishing i didnt turn in my badges and 500 marks of honor now, not only did it waste a whole day of right clicking for like 100k honor but now i miss out on epic points and gold. DAMNIT!

I can sell a cut gem for 100 ish gold while 10 badges of heroism give 55 gold.

Deleted
    10 badges = 55g
    10 badges = 1 gem = 90-100g

Would you rather make lesser gold with converting the badges? than using the badges to turn in for gems that profit 35-45g more?

10+ Year Old Account
    You got more gold by selling gems than by waiting for them to be converted into gold. And btw, L2Shift+Rightclick

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only buying 10 at a time by shift right clicking doesn't make so much of a difference. I don't really know the value of the points yet so it might still not be worth it, as for badges on Jubei uncut epic gems sell for around 50-100 NOW if your selling cardinal ruby's, let alone at the time the patch came out they were selling for much less.

Deleted
    didnt you read you dont get gold for triumph or frost you get the new tier points

Quote Originally Posted by Dindaria View Post
    Only buying 10 at a time by shift right clicking doesn't make so much of a difference. I don't really know the value of the points yet so it might still not be worth it, as for badges on Jubei uncut epic gems sell for around 50-100 NOW if your selling cardinal ruby's, let alone at the time the patch came out they were selling for much less.
    Shift-rightclicking doesn't make much of a difference? Dude. You shift-rightclick, type in 200 or so and voila, you just saved yourself 200 clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    L2Shift+Rightclick
    This. The whole thing could have lasted 15 seconds instead of hours

Quote Originally Posted by Tarook View Post
    Shift-rightclicking doesn't make much of a difference? Dude. You shift-rightclick, type in 200 or so and voila, you just saved yourself 200 clicks.
    He is talking about Marks of Honor... you guys are talking about emblems. Marks are unique (10) so you cant do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exaltednun View Post
    He is talking about Marks of Honor... you guys are talking about emblems. Marks are unique (10) so you cant do that.
    1) shift+click
    2) type 10
    3) put mark on hotbar
    4) spam hotbar button 10 times.
    5) repeat 1 2 and 4 until finished
    6) ?????
    7) PROFIT!!!

I just saved you "a whole day of right clicking".

Or use a macro

/script local function buy (c,s) for i=1,100 do if c==GetMerchantItemInfo(i) then BuyMerchantItem(i,s) end end end buy ("Commendation of Service",1);
    /use Commendation of Service

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    Or use a macro

/script local function buy (c,s) for i=1,100 do if c==GetMerchantItemInfo(i) then BuyMerchantItem(i,s) end end end buy ("Commendation of Service",1);
    /use Commendation of Service
    Well... that's... just... cheating.

Cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    1) shift+click
    2) type 10
    3) put mark on hotbar
    4) spam hotbar button 10 times.
    5) repeat 1 2 and 4 until finished
    6) ?????
    7) PROFIT!!!

I just saved you "a whole day of right clicking".
    There is still a 2 second global on these items so you can't literally spam through them. For anyone who had built up several hundred of these, they'll all agree. It was a pain in the ass.

Deleted
    Gems = mo' money then the calc.

This thread moved during flame wreath.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well... that's... just... cheating.

Cheater.
    <3 you for your avatar and signature. D:

Dindaria, you still have plenty of time to farm those badges back up if it's really that important. I've been so poor since I stopped raiding, I figured this would be a nice get rich quick scheme (without the "rich" or "quick" part).
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

so am i correct in saying that if i save up 4000 badges im going to be ahead come cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john18761 View Post
    didnt you read you dont get gold for triumph or frost you get the new tier points
    not even really tier points... just the heroic dungeon level points that will be relatively worthless once people start getting into the first raids...

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kubex View Post
    so am i correct in saying that if i save up 4000 badges im going to be ahead come cataclysm?
    You have to spend them to get more if you are over the cap after the conversion though...

There is still a 2 second global on these items so you can't literally spam through them. For anyone who had built up several hundred of these, they'll all agree. It was a pain in the ass.
    Wasn't that much of a pain in the ass, I had loads to go through and I just watched smallville while using a macro like above

Anyway, IF current numbers stay as they are, you made more by getting the gems when you did, if you didn't get more from selling the gems, why in god's name did you sell uncut gems?

Quote Originally Posted by john18761 View Post
    you can also downgrade your badges to conquest for the gold..doesn't make a lot of sense to do so right but you can

It's a pain in the ass you only had to go through once. And if you really had "built up hundreds of them" it's not like you had to do them all in one sitting.