Unholy Death Knight Talent Question

Hey guys, to make a boring story short, we were having a little talk about haste changes in Cata and the unholy talent "Unholy Frenzy", Now with the changes blizzard is making to stats, Like Mp5, AP, Etc, I was under the impression that they were going to do something about Haste as well, and with the wording on the talent "Increases their Melee and Ranged Haste by 20%" That Ranged haste would also apply to casters, as they are ranged, However the discussion included Ranged Haste was just for hunters. Ive looked around and have not been able to Find anything that supports either one. Anyone know anything on the question on hand that could answer this mystery?

If hunters have a specific 'ranged haste' then it sounds like it applies to melee and hunters. Best thing to try would be to apply it to a caster and find out if their haste stat increases. Also, I would however just suggest using it on yourself and not applying it to anyone else

I do believe that it is meant to be a raid tool now more then a personal use, per say if you're slacking 3rd and beyond on the damage it's safe to say that giving this buff to the person who's 1st will increase your raid-wide dps more than it would using it yourself.

However most people are selfish and care only for themselves. I can see this being a useful tool and a good raid dps increase if used properly. On 25man it may be small but on 10man I expect that a 20% dps increase on 1 of the 5 dpsers would be a welcomed gift.

I hope it works on all classes so it helps everyone out, heck maybe even the healers if they would ever need such a "mini-heroism".

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceBlitz View Post
    and with the wording on the talent "Increases their Melee and Ranged Haste by 20%" That Ranged haste would also apply to casters, as they are ranged
    Casters are not Ranged, they are Casters. It's for Hunters. Check the wording on Windfury Totem, Improved Icy Talons and the likes.

I throw unholy frenzy on my ghoul in Beta personally. Nice dps bonus for the little freak when he has Dark Transformation up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I do believe that it is meant to be a raid tool now more then a personal use, per say if you're slacking 3rd and beyond on the damage it's safe to say that giving this buff to the person who's 1st will increase your raid-wide dps more than it would using it yourself.

However most people are selfish and care only for themselves. I can see this being a useful tool and a good raid dps increase if used properly. On 25man it may be small but on 10man I expect that a 20% dps increase on 1 of the 5 dpsers would be a welcomed gift.

I hope it works on all classes so it helps everyone out, heck maybe even the healers if they would ever need such a "mini-heroism".
    Thats really dependent on what skills for other classes are similar to this when Cata is released, and if said top dps-er can use the ability. Its definitely a possibility to have other similar abilities as much as blizzard is stacking buffs with multiple classes. If your in a raiding environment, top dps that can use it would be preferable (which could certainly be the dk) if no other ability with the same CD and type is being used. If not, (say all non raid environments), use it on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blighted One View Post
    I throw unholy frenzy on my ghoul in Beta personally. Nice dps bonus for the little freak when he has Dark Transformation up.
    Also, while it may be a nice dps boost for your ghoul, you will see a larger increase in dps when used on a non-npc. However would be interesting to see it used on a ghoul thats transformed in pvp...sick em! ^^

Can you not cast it on yourself? I don't understand why you would chose PET>SELF.

Could you please explain?

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsail the Orc View Post
    Can you not cast it on yourself? I don't understand why you would chose PET>SELF.

Could you please explain?
    Because I prefer keeping my own health up when the ghoul's health can be remedied with a Death Coil. As Unholy Frenzy takes a nice amount of health away.
    Last edited by Blighted One; 2010-09-21 at 01:42 AM. Reason: I failed. Fixed.

It's 2% of your health every 3 seconds, that will be healed by judgement of light easily.

I prefer to give mine to my Frosty pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!