Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So, mage is the only dpser stuck with mana.

Mana is the most boring resource in the game for a dps, its just a timer that limits the amount of time you can dps (arcane had some mana management once, but it just didnt make mana a good mechanic), that has some logic for a healer, so he cant heal as long as he wants, but a dps has to be able to dps as long as he is alive, just like the rest of the classes or they wont remain competitive, so mana has to last as long as warriors, rogues etc doing the same damage, so it is just either "infinite" or too limited depending on the combat.
    This is pretty obvious and thats why they are handing different mechanincs to every dpser since mana is just like a timer.
    Warriors got rage.
    Paladins got Holy power and mana (since they can heal)
    Death Kinghts got runes and runic power.
    Hunters got focus.
    Rogues got energy and combo points.
    Druids got about every mechanic in their different forms, but in their dps caster form they are getting a eclipse bar.
    Warlocks got soul shards revamped.
    The only classes that have only mana are mages, priests and shamans, and the other two can heal, so, it is understandable. Do you think blizzard will implement some interesting mechanic to our class (of course like always after redoing every other class) or will leave us as the only dps with mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    us as the only dps with mana.
    We consider this a success etc etc.
    Last edited by Enders; 2010-09-10 at 05:29 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR DAWG
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Do you even play the game? Mages have not run out of mana on encounters in a long long time.

I mean I guess if you die and get ressurrected. Thats about the only time I have ever "run" out of mana. Use manastones/evocate. Really not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana is the most boring resource in the game for a dps, its just a timer that limits the amount of time you can dps (arcane had some mana management once, but it just didnt make mana a good mechanic), that has some logic for a healer, so he cant heal as long as he wants, but a dps has to be able to dps as long as he is alive, just like the rest of the classes or they wont remain competitive, so mana has to last as long as warriors, rogues etc doing the same damage, so it is just either "infinite" or too limited depending on the combat.
    This is pretty obvious and thats why they are handing different mechanincs to every dpser since mana is just like a timer.
    Warriors got rage.
    Paladins got Holy power and mana (since they can heal)
    Death Kinghts got runes and runic power.
    Hunters got focus.
    Rogues got energy and combo points.
    Druids got about every mechanic in their different forms, but in their dps caster form they are getting a eclipse bar.
    Warlocks got soul shards revamped.
    The only classes that have only mana are mages, priests and shamans, and the other two can heal, so, it is understandable. Do you think blizzard will implement some interesting mechanic to our class (of course like always after redoing every other class) or will leave us as the only dps with mana.
    Tbh i hate playing anything that doesnt have mana, mana is the only undepletable source in a fight to me, I play a lock, mage and ele sham, always have mana to last an entire encounter.

And dude, READ DAMNIT, warlocks get mana+soul shard revamp, druids get mana+eclipse, paladins get mana+holy power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really stupid thread. My warlock likes his life tap but do you even understand how many GCD we spend on that while mages are fine with maybe one evocation if they need even that during an encounter.
    Be happy you got a 3 button rotation class instead.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I see mostly QQ in your post tbh, especially in this part:
    Do you think blizzard will implement some interesting mechanic to our class (of course like always after redoing every other class) or will leave us as the only dps with mana.
    Please, just stop!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

I do consider it disturbing. I'm afraid mages might become clearly the most boring class, instead of being arguably the most boring one. (At least when it comes to arcane... which is the spec I've always played, I play, and I will play even if it becomes not viable in any aspect of the game... it's just so damn climatic. And yet, as we can see it's also bloody boring. I think I'm gonna hang myself :F)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    I see mostly QQ in your post tbh, especially in this part:

Please, just stop!...
    Yep exactly, either this guy doesnt pay attention and does the half read then QQ and doesnt finish the rest or is just trollin

Mages are the only class in the game where it makes sense to rely purely 100% on an arcane energy source such as mana.
    What's the problem, officer?

Though it's entirely possible they'll get some sort of revamp in the future too. For now, Cataclysm design seems, for the most part, finished. Numbers need tweaking, some abilities need a bit more changing, but no more overhauling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chulda View Post
    I do consider it disturbing. I'm afraid mages might become clearly the most boring class, instead of being arguably the most boring one. (At least when it comes to arcane... which is the spec I've always played, I play, and I will play even if it becomes not viable in any aspect of the game... it's just so damn climatic. And yet, as we can see it's also bloody boring. I think I'm gonna hang myself :F)
    After seeing Totalbiscuits videos of dungeons, I am actually wanting to play my mage, it looks fun, not boring... and tbh I hate energy system, I hate not being able to do anything because my guy is exhausted or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar View Post
    Do you even play the game? Mages have not run out of mana on encounters in a long long time.

I mean I guess if you die and get ressurrected. Thats about the only time I have ever "run" out of mana. Use manastones/evocate. Really not hard.
    Uh I do.

But then again I skip those mana cost reducing talents so its my fault... XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well warlock is kind of stuck with mana aswell Soul shards are only used for the empower next spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    After seeing Totalbiscuits videos of dungeons, I am actually wanting to play my mage, it looks fun, not boring... and tbh I hate energy system, I hate not being able to do anything because my guy is exhausted or w/e
    Omg I agree completely about energy being kinda boring. You can do like one move every like 5 seconds and then your exhausted and cycle starts over.

We should present this to the official forums if OOMing is a big deal in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    Well... you're right. But it only applies to fire. The two other spec are still boring ;P (Well.. Frost might actually have quite a decent rotation... I even thought about respeccing... but it still doesn't beat the awesomeness of manipulating pure arcane energy... :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you've ever been rage starved, don't complain.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... you're right. But it only applies to fire. The two other spec are still boring ;P (Well.. Frost might actually have quite a decent rotation... I even thought about respeccing... but it still doesn't beat the awesomeness of manipulating pure arcane energy... :P)
    I quit my mage after arcane was the spec, 2,2,2,2,3 NO THANK YOU BORING ROTATION CAN GO TO HELL

I hear Shadow priests do dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olih27 View Post
    I hear Shadow priests do dps
    Dark Archangel ftw. No mana issues really.

it's just so damn climatic. And yet, as we can see it's also bloody boring.
    Hypocrit say whaaat?

OT: Mages rely so much on special procs like Hot Streak, Brain Freeze and Missile Barrage that they don't need one of those "other" mechanics. I like the fact that i have to push some buttons to get mana. I like the fact that i need my mana gems and mana potions. Using evocation is kinda nice too, if we were to just spam our spells all the time when we just got new content then we would be vastly overpowered over other classes. I can top the dps pretty easily during the time i've got mana, but when i have to use evocation it kind of levels out with the 2nd-3rd dpser. Mana is not a boring mechanic as long as you actually have to do something to manage it.
    Btw... mages are not boring, they are what you make them to be. What ever class you learn to play will eventually start being more fun. Being a mage has different aspects that are pretty funny to utilize. Learning to DPS better as frost than fire or arcane for example. Just challenge yourself a little.

Ok, a mage does not like his mana as his power resource (somethine that goes on from Vanilla )and does some valid and some invalid arguments about that..
    And its Invalid since the fact that Priests and Shammies can heal doesn't say anything (Druids can heal too, but they got some changes also in their caster-DPS form)
    Also warlock's Soulshard system revamped does not change their need for mana, and the new Life Tap is worse than before..
    Holy paladins do get something new, maybe now all other healers should ask for a change to their mana using system? Lets all scream so Blizzard will make something for trees, Priests and Shammies..
    Last but not least, mana management is something that ALL mana using classes should do! You have many ways to get some mana, use them
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"