Page 11 of 327 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Macro API @ wowwiki.com

I think you're talking about /swapactionbar.

Thanks that worked, now I just need to figure the command to switch my SAA priority list and I'm all set.

I have a question regarding macros and having multiple keybinds for one button.

I'm creating a minimalist UI, and right now I can use Bartender to make one bar switch from normal to Ctrl modifier to Shift modifier, which works perfectly.
    However, I'm looking for a way to add Q-Y and its modifiers to this bar too. I know Bartender allows for two keybinds to one button, but I don't think it can cast a different spell based on which keybind is hit for that button.

So I was wondering, would this be possible with macros?
    Say I have the first button in Bar 1 bound to "1" and "Q." Can I create a macro that would use, say, Rejuvenation if 1 is pressed and Wild Growth if Q is pressed? Like a "/cast [keypress=1] Rejuvenation; [keypress=Q] Wild Growth" type thing?

If something like this could work, I could get up to 48 spells on a single 8-button bar with modifiers, which would absolutely tickle my minimalist heart to death.

If not, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and deal with 2 bars, or see if I can roll with 24 buttons. I'm a bit anal about having every spell somewhere, whether I use it or not...
    Last edited by Raynfal; 2010-10-21 at 02:48 AM.

If you're really that gung ho on keybinds and don't feel the need to put them on your bars you can turn the visibility off in Bartender, or on mouseover so you don't have to actually see the bars.
    Or try http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../bind-pad.aspx which does basically the same thing.

You can have multiple binds for one spell, but not multiple spells on one bind.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I'm searching for a Moonkin macro but haven't found a solution.

/castsequence reset=target moonfire,insectswarm,

problem is, if I get a solar eclipse it needs to do

/castsequence reset=target sunfire,insectswarm

Both are dots with the same duration. But the Moonfire turns into Sunfire during Solar Eclipse.
    Is there a way to have a macro that performs a button?

/castsequence reset=target button10,button11 or something like that? then I could put the moonfire spell on the button10 and it would autoswitch to sunfire....

any ideas?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

You have Glyph of Starfire right?

Don't castsequence two dots with separate durations, why would you do that? Just have two buttons. There's also not a way to change Moonfire's name to Sunfire in a macro and still have it sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    You have Glyph of Starfire right?
    no, starsurge.

Don't castsequence two dots with separate durations, why would you do that? Just have two buttons. There's also not a way to change Moonfire's name to Sunfire in a macro and still have it sequence.
    They have identical time because I'm using glyph starsurge. I know what doesn't work. I was looking for something that does work...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    There's also not a way to change Moonfire's name to Sunfire in a macro and still have it sequence.
    You got your answer.

Ok so I saw this guy use a macro on the COG OF DOOM and it worked.....unfortunately I hadnt noticed the cog issue so ...yeah didnt write it down...

can someone come up with a macro that will allow me to mouse over a COGd area and click it from a distance without DCing??

Turn off tooltips - allow cog clicking
    Code:
    /script GameTooltip.Temphide = function() GameTooltip:Hide() end;  GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Temphide);
    Turn on tooltips - after you no longer need to click an interactive object
    Code:
    /script GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Show);
    Though there are several addons which will handle that for you on an automatic basis, either by like that disabling tooltips in their entireity in an "instance" which includes bg's, dungeons and raids, all of which were affected by the bug, or by disabling only single line tooltips, so still allowing player/mob and item comparison tooltips.

Currently using AMFG Lazy Tooltip myself, which takes the second approach of just selected tooltip disabling, when then is reverted to normal outside an instanced zone.

Hi everyone!
    I'm looking for a macro that does this: Casts Hunter's Mark if it doesn't exist on the target and and if it does, cast arcane shot. I have 2/2 Marked for Death, so this macro is not for me (atleast not while im specced MM)

I tried something like this, but it wont work
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=noexist] Hunter's Mark
    /cast Arcane shot

There are certain conditions which a macro can utilise for basic decision making, but the presence or lack of a buff or debuff is not one of them, so in short, no you cannot do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathric View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I'm looking for a macro that does this: Casts Hunter's Mark if it doesn't exist on the target and and if it does, cast arcane shot. I have 2/2 Marked for Death, so this macro is not for me (atleast not while im specced MM)

I tried something like this, but it wont work
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=noexist] Hunter's Mark
    /cast Arcane shot
    You cant track buffs/debuffs on your target in macros.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I feel like this is someting i should've known :S Thanks for the replies

Hi, im looking for a macro that /y something if the spell is sucessfull and therefore ofcourse does not spam when i spam the macro.

I am looking for a tricks/md macro again...seems patch broke mine. Also would love a macro for all the new pet abilities that are only on the pet control bar.....I need macro for the harm versions not the buffs....got that one figured out already
    I would give my right hand to be ambidextrous

Quote Originally Posted by wajnåtliksom View Post
    Hi, im looking for a macro that /y something if the spell is sucessfull and therefore ofcourse does not spam when i spam the macro.
    To check for success or failure of a spell you need some type of addon. Try this:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...akinspell.aspx

I'm looking for a macro to cast avenging wrath and hammer of wrath... I tried

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    /startattack

/cast Avenging Wrath
    /stopcasting
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    /startattack

and

/castsequence Avenging Wrath, Hammer of Wrath
    /startattack

both of these macros work if the target is under 20% but if the target is above 20% it takes two clicks. Thanks in advance =D

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it does take two clicks, because it usually takes a second or two for the buff to be recognized by the server, which then enables you to start hitting Hammer of Wrath "free". There's really no way around that, sorry.

Hey all just curious as I am new to tanking on a DK what the macros are to macro in a trinket into DS and HS doesnt matter which one as I am already juggling 3 tanking CDs from the class im rarely using the trinkets. Might as well macro them to take less damage. I think it is

/cast Death Strike
    /use item #13

but Im not sure so i fgured I would check here.