Hi, looking for a pretty complicated macro. I'd like it to do the following:

1. Let me mouseover a target to heal them.
    2. If no mouseover target is there, to heal myself.
    3. If I have a friendly target targeted, to take priority over the mouseover so i heal that target.
    4. If I want to heal myself while targeting that friendly target, to use a shift modifier.

is this possible? I will be so grateful if someone gives me one that works. This is an all in one macro btw that I can use for most healing spells and buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    Hi, looking for a pretty complicated macro. I'd like it to do the following:

1. Let me mouseover a target to heal them.
    2. If no mouseover target is there, to heal myself.
    3. If I have a friendly target targeted, to take priority over the mouseover so i heal that target.
    4. If I want to heal myself while targeting that friendly target, to use a shift modifier.

is this possible? I will be so grateful if someone gives me one that works. This is an all in one macro btw that I can use for most healing spells and buffs.
    This should cover all the things you ask for:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@player][help][@mouseover,help,nodead][@player]Heal

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

you rock man!

Deleted
    Any input on why this macro shouldn't work? My character is an Undead DK (working on the assumption I don't need to Lichborne in order to benefit from the healing of Deah Coil)

/cast [nomod:shift] Death Coil
    /cast [mod:shift, @player] Death Coil

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    Any input on why this macro shouldn't work? My character is an Undead DK (working on the assumption I don't need to Lichborne in order to benefit from the healing of Deah Coil)

Thanks.
    If you're suggesting that being of the Undead race makes you an undead target, that's incorrect. All players are humanoids in normal form.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post

Thanks.
    The Undead Race is not of the "Undead" monster type - all players are considered "Humanoid" except while in shapechange forms (druids and shamans become beasts under bear/cat and wofl, frost dk's become undead under lichborne, etc).

This has been true since some time in Vanilla Beta - until it became obvious that players-as-undead had too many bonuses and too many vulnerabilities to be balanced properly, so they made them into creature-type "Humanoid".

Deleted
    Tural, Taryble - thanks for the answers. I hadn't realised such a caveat applied (1st time I've rolled/taken an interest in a DK).../looks for my Newb Hat ;p

#showtooltip polymorph(rabbit)
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Polymorph(Rabbit)
    /sw reset
    /sw play

this will cast PoM then sheep and start the stopwatch timer so you can watch for the 45 seconds to be up without having to focus target
    even if you dont have the stopwatch active it will bring it up and reset it when you sheep again

Quote Originally Posted by batman13cr View Post
    #showtooltip polymorph(rabbit)
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Polymorph(Rabbit)
    /sw 45
    /sw play

this will cast PoM then sheep and start the stopwatch timer so you can watch for the 45 seconds to be up without having to focus target
    even if you dont have the stopwatch active it will bring it up and reset it when you sheep again
    I've fixed it for you. It sets timer for 45sec and countsdown to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret View Post
    I've fixed it for you. It sets timer for 45sec and countsdown to 0.
    a simple but effective change, i like it. in fact ive already made the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine is asking me if I know how to make a macro, came here to ask.
    His question was: "Can you make a macro that will use trinkets if they are equipped, but not equip/switch them out of its not?"
    He wants to add it to his cooldown macros, and soemtimes he's not in combat when he hits it, so it sometimes will mess up his trinkets trying to equip ones he doesn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    A friend of mine is asking me if I know how to make a macro, came here to ask.
    His question was: "Can you make a macro that will use trinkets if they are equipped, but not equip/switch them out of its not?"
    He wants to add it to his cooldown macros, and soemtimes he's not in combat when he hits it, so it sometimes will mess up his trinkets trying to equip ones he doesn't want.
    The easiest way to incorporate trinkets like that in macros is to put a combat condition like...

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [combat]Moonwell Chalice
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    Or whatever... By having the combat condition, it won't swap or even use them out of combat, and will just use them if they are equipped in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    The easiest way to incorporate trinkets like that in macros is to put a combat condition like...

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [combat]Moonwell Chalice
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    Or whatever... By having the combat condition, it won't swap or even use them out of combat, and will just use them if they are equipped in combat.
    That would be nice, however he ALSO wanted it to work for when when he's out of combat (only use the trinkets), since he hits the macro before he enters combat.

Whats the point of using trinkets out of combat? The next time he does something while in combat the trinket will have it's full duration used up.

Also sorry that I gave Moonwell Chalice as an example. They already fixed that to remove your Mastery when you take the trinket off, I just used an example of an on use trinket.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-09-21 at 04:06 PM.

Best way would be to use '/use 13' and '/use 14' in the macro as the trinket slot instead of the trinket name.

It won't incorrectly equip a trinket outside of combat but will have to be managed to make sure the correct trinkets are equiped prior to using the macro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Also sorry that I gave Moonwell Chalice as an example. They already fixed that to remove your Mastery when you take the trinket off, I just used an example of an on use trinket.
    About this part, do you happen to know if that removal also applies to the mastery snapshot of a WLs Metamorphosis?
    I.e., you use trinket, gain mastery, (fire meta, mastery is snapshot), remove trinket, lose mastery - will the Metamorphosis snapshot still be in effect (as I assume)?

Not sure, I guess it will snapshot the mastery if you use everything out of combat.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-09-21 at 04:14 PM.

hey again,
    So i made this macro for my kick but it doesnt seem to work any ideas where i went wrong?

#showtooltip Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    /cast [@focus,exists, stance:3] Skull Bash(Cat Form);[@focus,exists] Skull Bash(Bear Form)

its ment to kick my target if i dont have a focus target, it only kicks my focus target though
    Last edited by prodruidlol; 2011-09-21 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Posted by Bashiok
    Haha, don't worry about it. It's like, three clicks for me to suspend someone. It's super duper easy.

Quote Originally Posted by prodruidlol View Post
    hey again,
    So i made this macro for my kick but it doesnt seem to work any ideas where i went wrong?

its ment to kick my target if i dont have a focus target, it only kicks my focus target though
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [form:3]Skull Bash;Skull Bash(Bear Form)
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead,form:3][form:3]Skull Bash;[@focus,harm,nodead][]Skull Bash(Bear Form)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prodruidlol View Post
    hey again,

#showtooltip Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    /cast [@focus,exists, stance:3] Skull Bash(Cat Form);[@focus,exists] Skull Bash(Bear Form)

Lawomous has providedthe answer I would have given already, let me just explain to you that the macro you wrote will not do anything if you don't have a focus target, due to the simple reason that in your macro, no conditional would be true if you didn't, so it doesn't do anything.
    That's why Law added the [form:3] and [] that return true also if you don't have a focus, so the macro has a reason to execute the spell.