Deleted
    Hey, I'm looking for a macro for my elemental shaman. With the lava surge procs i sometimes don't have the reaction to switch from lb to LvB or i'm just spamming my LB key and all of a sudden Lava surge procs and my LvB is rdy but i'm already casting LB. So I was thinking if it was able to make a macro that always fires LvB before lightning bolt and when LvB is on CD the button will just cast lightning bolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuanke View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for a macro for my elemental shaman. With the lava surge procs i sometimes don't have the reaction to switch from lb to LvB or i'm just spamming my LB key and all of a sudden Lava surge procs and my LvB is rdy but i'm already casting LB. So I was thinking if it was able to make a macro that always fires LvB before lightning bolt and when LvB is on CD the button will just cast lightning bolt.
    Not possible.

Looking for a macro that does the following, I know basically what it entails but I can't actually write it.

Normal - Cast Mind Flay
    Holding Alt - Cast Mind Spike

I had heard somewhere that there is a way to actually make the icon change when the modified state is active also?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Looking for a macro that does the following, I know basically what it entails but I can't actually write it.

Normal - Cast Mind Flay
    Holding Alt - Cast Mind Spike

I had heard somewhere that there is a way to actually make the icon change when the modified state is active also?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt]Mind Spike;Mind Flay
    does all you want
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-11-16 at 01:49 AM. Reason: :P

Deleted
    Hi!
    I need some help with a macro here.
    Basically I want to cast Ritual of Refreshment and say a random "quote" when pressing the button, and I want to cast a conjure refreshment when holding shift, without saying anything. What I've gotten so far is:

Code:
    #showtooltip [modifier:shift] Conjure Refreshment; Ritual of Refreshment
    /cast [modifier:shift] Conjure Refreshment; Ritual of Refreshment
    /script s={"Omnomnom","Cookie!","Can i haz cake?"};SendChatMessage(s[random(1,3)], "SAY")
    I've tried to implement [Modifier:shift] in the /script s= line without success. I don't even know if this is possible, but I got a feeling that it should be.
    All help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Conjure Refreshment; Ritual of Refreshment
    /run local s={"Omnomnom","Cookie!","Can i haz cake?"}if IsShiftKeyDown() then SendChatMessage(s[random(1,#s)]) end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Conjure Refreshment; Ritual of Refreshment
    /run local s={"Omnomnom","Cookie!","Can i haz cake?"}if IsShiftKeyDown() then SendChatMessage(s[random(1,#s)]) end
    You're an angel! Here, have a cake! <3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there, i'd love some help with a macro if possible.

I'm currently using the following macro for pvp:

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
    /stopcasting
    /use [@mouseover,harm][harm] Scatter Shot
    /cast [target=focus,modifier:shift] Scatter Shot; Scatter Shot

It works great, but i'd like to add another section. The functionality i'm after is the ability to perform a /targetenemy command, but only when i don't have my target, so that i can snipe out stealthed rogues when there's noone else around. Is this possible? Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    The functionality i'm after is the ability to perform a /targetenemy command, but only when i don't have my target, so that i can snipe out stealthed rogues when there's noone else around. Is this possible? Any help appreciated.
    Let me improve that macro a lot for you.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift][@mouseover,harm][]Scatter Shot

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    I looked over the macro, and it seems to be just right for what i need. Thank you.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    just for my information, why are there two /stopcastings?

I use
    #showtooltip hex
    /cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] hex; hex

I use this for sheeps fear and other spells and they all work, when i try it with counterspell or windshear it doesn't. I have quadruple checked to make sure there weren't any keybinding conflict, but every time with counterspll or windshear I get a "no target selected" msg when I try to use it on my focus target. It works fine to shape sift them with sheep, hex, fear but nothing for those two spells. Any help or other macro focus ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    just for my information, why are there two /stopcastings?
    Specific for hunter macros but the first one stops the Steady/Cobra and the second one stops the auto-shot, making the macro extremely responsive in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I use this for sheeps fear and other spells and they all work, when i try it with counterspell or windshear it doesn't. I have quadruple checked to make sure there weren't any keybinding conflict, but every time with counterspll or windshear I get a "no target selected" msg when I try to use it on my focus target. It works fine to shape sift them with sheep, hex, fear but nothing for those two spells. Any help or other macro focus ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Bit strange, use this as a base for your macros
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][]Wind Shear
    I'm not sure what else to check besides the spelling of Counterspell and Wind Shear. The macro should work if it's keybound and spelled properly and you do in fact have a focus.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Just wanted to share a good polymorph macro I managed to come up with!

Code:
    #Showtooltip
    /focus [target=focus, noexists] [target=focus, dead] [target=focus, help] [modifier:shift]
    /cleartarget [target=focus, noexists]
    /cast [target=focus] Polymorph
    What it does is that when you use it, you sheep and put your target as a focus target.
    When focus target dies, focus is cleared. If you wish to change focus target just shift and click your macro

Specific for hunter macros but the first one stops the Steady/Cobra and the second one stops the auto-shot, making the macro extremely responsive in combat.

Bit strange, use this as a base for your macros
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][]Wind Shear
    I'm not sure what else to check besides the spelling of Counterspell and Wind Shear. The macro should work if it's keybound and spelled properly and you do in fact have a focus.
    Thanks for the help Ill give it a try today.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

#showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead][@focustarget,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead] Wind Shear

is what i'm using as my wind shear macro...however, i'm running into the issue to where if my focus isnt interruptable (cc'd typically) and my target is, i can't interrupt my target. any help on cleaning this up so that i can still interrupt my target while having my focus set to a cc'd mob would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo85 View Post
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead][@focustarget,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead] Wind Shear

is what i'm using as my wind shear macro...however, i'm running into the issue to where if my focus isnt interruptable (cc'd typically) and my target is, i can't interrupt my target. any help on cleaning this up so that i can still interrupt my target while having my focus set to a cc'd mob would be greatly appreciated.
    As said in the other thread, my guess is you can't do very much about it directly, as the macro cannot determine if your target is interruptable, and fires the WS on your focus target anyway. start with a [mod, harm, nodead] conditional to be able to force WS on your current target.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    As said in the other thread, my guess is you can't do very much about it directly, as the macro cannot determine if your target is interruptable, and fires the WS on your focus target anyway. start with a [mod, harm, nodead] conditional to be able to force WS on your current target.
    took me a second for it to dawn on me that i have a macro like this for my priest and mind flay/sear.... so i wound up using

#showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:alt,@focus][mod:shift]Wind Shear

I want to add a /say to a macro I have, but I want to be able to spam the button without the "/say" spamming as well. I.e. spamming the ability, but not spamming the announcement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    I want to add a /say to a macro I have, but I want to be able to spam the button without the "/say" spamming as well. I.e. spamming the ability, but not spamming the announcement.
    I don't believe this is possible, and even if it is, you're far better off with a addon doing the announcing for you. The one most recommended in this thread is RSA.