Hey guys!
    Ive a question regarding this macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip Evocation
    /cast Ice Floes
    /cast Evocation
    This macro "works" but i have to press it twice so i can use Evocation while running which means it also takes up 2 charges of Ice Floes (has 3 charges). If i seperately press Ice Floes and then Evocation it works as intended.

What am i doing wrong here?

I assume its because the Evocation will fail to cast because the buff granted by Ice Floes hasn't registered yet by the time you casted it. You could change it to
    Code:
    #showtooltip Evocation
    /castsequence reset=1 Ice Floes,nil
    /cast Evocation
    You'll still have to press it twice, there's not really anyway to get around that, but this should only use 1 charge of Ice Floes.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-01-11 at 11:03 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I assume its because the Evocation will fail to cast because the buff granted by Ice Floes hasn't registered yet by the time you casted it. You could change it to
    Code:
    #showtooltip Evocation
    /castseqeunce reset=1 Ice Floes,nil
    /cast Evocation
    You'll still have to press it twice, there's not really anyway to get around that, but this should only use 1 charge of Ice Floes.
    That doesnt work. Wont cast Ice Floes like that. I tried removing the "nil" (what does that do btw?) and putting Evocation behind Ice Floes.. nothing.

Edit: i found out why its not working. You misspelled castsequence Just noticed it >_<

Thanks for your help!

Oops, I typo'd castsequence. Maybe try it again. Basically what it should do is make it so any presses after the first within a 1 second time window will cause that line to do nothing.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

Warlock here. I started adding a bunch of [mod:x] macros to clean up my action bars and just about every one of them works brilliantly except:

/cast [mod:shift] Summon Infernal; Summon Doomguard

It just will not show the reticle for my Infernal. I've switched Infernal and Doomguard around but no luck. I've made sure that no other spells are bound to the same key.

Not sure if it can be fixed in any way. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    /cast [mod:shift] Summon Infernal; Summon Doomguard
    It just will not show the reticle for my Infernal. I've switched Infernal and Doomguard around but no luck. I've made sure that no other spells are bound to the same key.
    So you don't get the circle even when you have [shift]Doom;Infernal? Does it summon the Doomguard? Check your keybindings as well, those will take priority over macro modifiers.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, lads, Dk here, yesterday got stucked at the next macro - I need death grip focus and make it my target, wouldn't be a problem if I do a separate macro for this but I want to do this as 1 macro for all mods, alt and shift:

/cast [nomod] death grip
    /cast [mod:alt, @focus] death grip
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] death grip...

The problem is last line - I can't understand how to point separately that my focus becomes a target (still being focus!), not just a pointer at focus? tried smth but didn't help, I just lack proper knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    Hello, lads, Dk here, yesterday got stucked at the next macro - I need death grip focus and make it my target, wouldn't be a problem if I do a separate macro for this but I want to do this as 1 macro for all mods, alt and shift:

/cast [nomod] death grip
    /cast [mod:alt, @focus] death grip
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] death grip...

The problem is last line - I can't understand how to point separately that my focus becomes a target (still being focus!), not just a pointer at focus? tried smth but didn't help, I just lack proper knowledge
    Do you mean that you want both alt and shift to cast Death Grip on your focus target, else cast Death Grip on your current target, but when you use shift, you also want to make your focus target become your current target?

If so, try one of these:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift/alt,@focus][] Death Grip
    /tar [mod:shift] focus
    or
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift/alt,@focus][] Death Grip
    /stopmacro [nomod:shift]
    /tar focus

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    Do you mean that you want both alt and shift to cast Death Grip on your focus target, else cast Death Grip on your current target, but when you use shift, you also want to make your focus target become your current target?
    exactly, mate, Ill try it out at launch time, thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    So you don't get the circle even when you have [shift]Doom;Infernal? Does it summon the Doomguard? Check your keybindings as well, those will take priority over macro modifiers.
    When I switch the macro around to "/cast [mod:shift] Summon Doomguard; Summon Infernal" it does bring up the reticle for the Infernal, but now it doesn't summon the doomguard. The icons switch when I press shift, but the keybind won't activate the mod ability. Interestingly I can click the mod icon and it will function, but it's just the keybind that appears to be the issue

When I switch the macro around to "/cast [mod:shift] Summon Doomguard; Summon Infernal" it does bring up the reticle for the Infernal, but now it doesn't summon the doomguard. The icons switch when I press shift, but the keybind won't activate the mod ability. Interestingly I can click the mod icon and it will function, but it's just the keybind that appears to be the issue
    It sounds like you have something bound to shift+[macro location]. Example, you have the macro on 5 and you have something bound to shift+5.

Even if you are sure that you don't have anything bound like this, I recommend binding shift+[macro location] to something, like "walk forward" and then rebind the action back to its original bind to clear any potential binds shift+[macro location] might have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    It sounds like you have something bound to shift+[macro location]. Example, you have the macro on 5 and you have something bound to shift+5.

Even if you are sure that you don't have anything bound like this, I recommend binding shift+[macro location] to something, like "walk forward" and then rebind the action back to its original bind to clear any potential binds shift+[macro location] might have.
    Yeah, turns out when i cleared the binding, rebound another key to it, cleared that, rebound it to the macro, everything worked out. I think there was a behind the scenes keybinding there. Well thanks everyone! Cheers.

Now....

When switching 3 specs, there really doesn't seem to be enough room for character specific macros - what do you guys do to save some space there?

Yeah, turns out when i cleared the binding, rebound another key to it, cleared that, rebound it to the macro, everything worked out. I think there was a behind the scenes keybinding there. Well thanks everyone! Cheers.

Now....

When switching 3 specs, there really doesn't seem to be enough room for character specific macros - what do you guys do to save some space there?

I don't believe there's a way to determine which spec you're in (out of the 3 possible class specs) within a macro, although it might be possible with LUA code of some sort. That's beyond my knowledge.

However, there's a very simple macro conditional for determining your active spec of your 2 'equipped' specs. For example, if Destruction is your main spec, you can add [spec:1] to the spell you want to cast in Destruction and [spec:2] to the spell you want to cast in your alt spec.

Edit: Just thought I'd give an example. I play Resto/Enh and want a mouseover macro for dispelling, so I use something like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, harm, nodead][harm, nodead] Purge
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead, spec:1][spec:1] Purify Spirit
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead, spec:2][spec:2] Cleanse Spirit

That Purges an enemy, regardless of the spec, if it's my mouseover or my target, and dispels a friendly mouseover or target, using Purify in Resto spec (my main spec) and Cleanse in Enh (my alt spec).
    Last edited by Rarch; 2015-01-14 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    I don't believe there's a way to determine which spec you're in (out of the 3 possible class specs) within a macro, although it might be possible with LUA code of some sort. That's beyond my knowledge.

However, there's a very simple macro conditional for determining your active spec of your 2 'equipped' specs. For example, if Destruction is your main spec, you can add [spec:1] to the spell you want to cast in Destruction and [spec:2] to the spell you want to cast in your alt spec.

Edit: Just thought I'd give an example. I play Resto/Enh and want a mouseover macro for dispelling, so I use something like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, harm, nodead][harm, nodead] Purge
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead, spec:1][spec:1] Purify Spirit
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead, spec:2][spec:2] Cleanse Spirit

That Purges an enemy, regardless of the spec, if it's my mouseover or my target, and dispels a friendly mouseover or target, using Purify in Resto spec (my main spec) and Cleanse in Enh (my alt spec).
    Thank you mate! This is gold. Exactly what I'm looking for. Already cuts my macros in half and gives me room to make some for a 3rd spec. Cheers!

Did they do something recently to disable some macro functionality?
    Until recently, this macro worked just fine. But now, the "targettarget" part doesn't work and just casts on myself. Help, please!

/cast [mod:ctrl,@pet] Power Word: Shield; Power Word: Shield
    /cast [mod:shift,@targettarget] Power Word: Shield; Power Word: Shield

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyce View Post
    Did they do something recently to disable some macro functionality?
    Until recently, this macro worked just fine. But now, the "targettarget" part doesn't work and just casts on myself. Help, please!

/cast [mod:ctrl,@pet] Power Word: Shield; Power Word: Shield
    /cast [mod:shift,@targettarget] Power Word: Shield; Power Word: Shield
    This part cannot have worked before. The second line is never ever executed, since the second power word shield in the first line takes priority and is always executed (no conditionals).

This should work:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@pet][mod:shift,@targettarget,help,nodead][] Power Word: Shield
    It will also cast on yourself if you hold shift if your target doesn't have a friendly target or the later is dead. if you don't want this behavior, remove the ",help,nodead".

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    This part cannot have worked before. The second line is never ever executed, since the second power word shield in the first line takes priority and is always executed (no conditionals).

This should work:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@pet][mod:shift,@targettarget,help,nodead][] Power Word: Shield
    It will also cast on yourself if you hold shift if your target doesn't have a friendly target or the later is dead. if you don't want this behavior, remove the ",help,nodead".
    It is possible that I added the extra spell after the semicolon when trying to "fix" it.
    Thank you for the suggestion - will give it a try. What do the empty brackets "[]"accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyce View Post
    It is possible that I added the extra spell after the semicolon when trying to "fix" it.
    Thank you for the suggestion - will give it a try. What do the empty brackets "[]"accomplish?
    That is the empty condition. Otherwise PWS would only be casted when one of the other two conditions apply. The brackets are for any other case and PWS is casted with its normal behaviour (if you have a target it will go on the target, if no target on you).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    That is the empty condition. Otherwise PWS would only be casted when one of the other two conditions apply. The brackets are for any other case and PWS is casted with its normal behaviour (if you have a target it will go on the target, if no target on you).
    Correct. In other words, /cast [bla][] PWS is equivalent to /cast [bla] PWS; PWS

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a macro for dienchanting with the essence font in the enchanter's garrison building. Having to click the essence font then the item in my bag is too slow.

I thought it's be something like "/use essence font" but that did not work.