Deleted
    i am looking for a macro to set up my Failure Detection Pylon via Reeves as fast as possible for Mythic+. Anyone has any suggestions?

it should
    drop reeves
    talk to reeves
    use the failure detection dialog option

is this possible with a macro?

Deleted
    oh, the perfect thread before i open a new one.

i am looking for a macro to use on my Boomkin. So since i cannot raid and am only playing mythic plus, what i wanna do is, have the macro switch out the trinket at very last slot for another trinket wich is in my inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by adawong View Post
    i am looking for a macro to set up my Failure Detection Pylon via Reeves as fast as possible for Mythic+. Anyone has any suggestions?

it should
    drop reeves
    talk to reeves
    use the failure detection dialog option

is this possible with a macro?
    A macro won't be able to do that in one click. Reeves is pretty useless in a combat situation, so I would just make single pylons and cast those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingowl View Post
    oh, the perfect thread before i open a new one.

i am looking for a macro to use on my Boomkin. So since i cannot raid and am only playing mythic plus, what i wanna do is, have the macro switch out the trinket at very last slot for another trinket wich is in my inventory.
    You cannot change out anything but your weapon slots while in combat, so I'm assuming this is just a QoL thing so you don't have to drag out of your bag each time. The easiest way to do this is to just switch out the top trinket instead by dragging both trinkets to your action bars and just clicking the one you don't have equipped. If you really want a macro to switch out the bottom one, which does save one bar slot, this should work for you:

Code:
    #showtooltip 14
    /run local f,s="FIRST TRINKET","SECOND TRINKET" if IsEquippedItem(f) then EquipItemByName(s,14) else EquipItemByName(f,14) end

Replace the bold parts with the trinket names and keep the quotes around them. The icon of the macro will show you what is equipped automatically. If you want to use this for any equipment slot, just replace the names accordingly and change all of the 14s to one of these numbers.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    You cannot change out anything but your weapon slots while in combat, so I'm assuming this is just a QoL thing so you don't have to drag out of your bag each time. The easiest way to do this is to just switch out the top trinket instead by dragging both trinkets to your action bars and just clicking the one you don't have equipped. If you really want a macro to switch out the bottom one, which does save one bar slot, this should work for you:

Code:
    #showtooltip 14
    /run local f,s="FIRST TRINKET","SECOND TRINKET" if IsEquippedItem(f) then EquipItemByName(s,14) else EquipItemByName(f,14) end

Replace the bold parts with the trinket names and keep the quotes around them. The icon of the macro will show you what is equipped automatically. If you want to use this for any equipment slot, just replace the names accordingly and change all of the 14s to one of these numbers.
    I didn't wanted to change anything while being in combat. this is as you expected just to swap trinkets between trash and boss. Already tested it and it works like a charm. Thank you very much for this awesome reply. helps alot

So I am trying to make a macro, I am not sure what I want is possible, But will ask any way.

I currently have "Infernal strike" bound to Shift + 5 via key bindings.

What I would like is a macro that if i press Shift + 5 it will /cast at cursor Infernal Strike.
    However if I press Shift + 5 while right mouse click is held, it will /cast at player Infernal Strike.

I am not sure if this is doable but would be awesome for tanking when i am moving or looking around and not have to find my mouse to cast infernal strike on myself. I know I could just use two different macros for this, but would love to have this all attached to Shift + 5.

I would also use this same macro on Havoc Meta and Warriors Leap also if I can work out how to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by captainrexx View Post
    So I am trying to make a macro, I am not sure what I want is possible, But will ask any way.

What I would like is a macro that if i press Shift + 5 it will /cast at cursor Infernal Strike.
    However if I press Shift + 5 while right mouse click is held, it will /cast at player Infernal Strike.

I am not sure if this is doable but would be awesome for tanking when i am moving or looking around and not have to find my mouse to cast infernal strike on myself. I know I could just use two different macros for this, but would love to have this all attached to Shift + 5.

I would also use this same macro on Havoc Meta and Warriors Leap also if I can work out how to do it.
    I'm afraid there is no macro around the "green target circle thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Is there a way to auto-stop Prydaz shield from occuring? Like a /cancelaura once it pops. I really don't like to see the egg bubble around my toon. Thanks for any info.
    No, /cancelaura is protected.

Quote Originally Posted by captainrexx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I'm afraid there is no macro around the "green target circle thing".
    Yes there is.

/cast [@player]
    /cast [@cursor]

They still can't do exactly what the OP needs.

You can use something like:

/cast [mod:shift, @cursor][] Infernal Strike
    /cast [mod:ctr, @player][] Infernal Strike

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yes there is.

/cast [@player]
    /cast [@cursor]

You can shorten that:

/cast [mod:ctrl,@player][mod:shift,@cursor][] Infernal Strike

I need a macro that will swap between Soul Effigy and Phantom Singularity depending on which I choose.

Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I need a macro that will swap between Soul Effigy and Phantom Singularity depending on which I choose.

Can someone help me?
    /cast [talent:7/1] Soul Effigy; [talent:7/2] Phantom Singularity

I'm having trouble with a macro for Beacon of Faith alongside Beacon of Light.

I want to cast BoF if using CTRL and BoL without, with priority: mouseover > target.

I currently have this:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead,mod:ctrl][mod:ctrl]Beacon of Faith;[@mouseover,help,nodead, nomod][]Beacon of Light

But BoF doesn't cast on target or mouseover but BoL does work normal. The only thing that works is the tooltip change.

I am stuck on this for over an hour

If someone could help would be apreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by RGeneral24 View Post
    I'm having trouble with a macro for Beacon of Faith alongside Beacon of Light.

I want to cast BoF if using CTRL and BoL without, with priority: mouseover > target.

I currently have this:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead,mod:ctrl][mod:ctrl]Beacon of Faith;[@mouseover,help,nodead, nomod][]Beacon of Light

But BoF doesn't cast on target or mouseover but BoL does work normal. The only thing that works is the tooltip change.

I am stuck on this for over an hour

If someone could help would be apreciated.

Check and make sure you don't have ctrl + whatever that macro is keybound to bound to something else. i.e.: If you're putting that macro on an actionbar slot that's bound to 4, check and make sure that ctrl-4 isn't bound to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Check and make sure you don't have ctrl + whatever that macro is keybound to bound to something else. i.e.: If you're putting that macro on an actionbar slot that's bound to 4, check and make sure that ctrl-4 isn't bound to anything.
    Thanks solved it. Apparently I had CTRL-A bound to pet attack. Now it works.

Ok so I'm not sure if this is possible but i have this script
    /run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(INSTERTQUESTNUMBERHERE))
    to check and see if I have completed whatever quest id i put in, but to automate this a bit would be possible to input a quest id into the script by clicking on a link or have the same thing done except for items instead of quests (and to see how many of said item i have)?

Hello. I'm looking for help in making a macro that allows me to spam Void Bolt button while i'm channeling Void Torrent, without it interrupting the channeling. I also need it to have a cast focus modifier for ctrl.

So basicly I need help in adding a cast focus modifier for ctrl to this macro. (Void Bolt needs to be Void Eruption in macros)

#showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yes there is.

/cast [@player]
    /cast [@cursor]

I'm sorry, I must have been delirious.
    Is there also a way to do it at my target's location?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    Hello. I'm looking for help in making a macro that allows me to spam Void Bolt button while i'm channeling Void Torrent, without it interrupting the channeling. I also need it to have a cast focus modifier for ctrl.

So basicly I need help in adding a cast focus modifier for ctrl to this macro. (Void Bolt needs to be Void Eruption in macros)

#showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent,@focus,harm][nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption

Deleted
    Hey Im a Demon Hunter looking for a Snapshotting macro, and after a lot of seraching and trial and error, im still not getting the result i want, so im gonna try in here since there is always smart people here .
    What im looking for is a macro. What i want it to do is:
    Say im standing in my DPS equipment. (equipset "DPS") im pressing the macro now what should happen is.

1: Change equipset to "DPS2"
    2: Cast Chaos Blades
    3: Change back to equipset "DPS"
    4: Cast Cursor Metamorphosis
    The step im having problems with is 3. Is it possible to it this way. ?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I'm sorry, I must have been delirious.
    Is there also a way to do it at my target's location?
    Unfortunately, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by xprenz View Post
    Hey Im a Demon Hunter looking for a Snapshotting macro, and after a lot of seraching and trial and error, im still not getting the result i want, so im gonna try in here since there is always smart people here .
    What im looking for is a macro. What i want it to do is:
    Say im standing in my DPS equipment. (equipset "DPS") im pressing the macro now what should happen is.

1: Change equipset to "DPS2"
    2: Cast Chaos Blades
    3: Change back to equipset "DPS"
    4: Cast Cursor Metamorphosis
    The step im having problems with is 3. Is it possible to it this way. ?
    Thanks in advance
    In general, macros will stop once something happens that's on the GCD. I've not played a Demon Hunter, but I'm assuming Chaos Blades is on the GCD, and it's stopping your macro at that point. You could try using a modifier for the second part of the macro, like Shift, or something, and click the button twice, but I don't think you'll be able to make it do what you're looking for in one click.