Deleted
    I am looking for a macro that makes the survival hunter's Serpent Sting only castable every 10 seconds.
    is this even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    I am looking for a macro that makes the survival hunter's Serpent Sting only castable every 10 seconds.
    is this even possible?
    No. That would be considered playing your character for you. This is a bannable offense. Its why people have cooldown timers all over the place on their UI (so they can keep track when they can cast spells again).
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I've been meaning to make a macro for a while that "simply" targets/casts at player that whispered you last. Couldn't find anything online so I would really appreciate your insight guys.

Is this even possible to do, and if so, can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

Hi there! In my old PvP times I build many macros but now seems all broken. Are /run and /script disabled? I was searching for a way to /say my current coordinates in chat.

Thanks.

Curious if there was ever a replacement for the old /click WatchFrameItem# macro.

I know the frame's designation was changed and that there are some semi-functional add-ons that kinda do the same thing, but I'd like to have my T key return to its old function.

Hello, i've been looking back on this thread and i haven't been able to find find an answer. Since the prepatch and the GCD changes came into effect, i've been unable to use regular 1 shot macros. Could someone tell me if if still possible to use such macro? Here's an example:

#showtooltip Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /cast Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cast Serenity
    /use Blood Fury
    /use 13
    /use 14

15+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:6/2] Wellspring; [talent:6/3] Ascendance;

Why isn't this working for the Ascendance part? Icon doesn't change nor does it activate the ability. Works with Wellspring (also a similar macro works for my other talents...)

EDIT: Never-fucking-mind. Leaving this for other idiots to see.

The talent row is _7_, not 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by YourOldNerd View Post
    Hi there! In my old PvP times I build many macros but now seems all broken. Are /run and /script disabled? I was searching for a way to /say my current coordinates in chat.

Thanks.
    I'm reply to myself as I find a way to do it.

/script px, py = C_Map.GetPlayerMapPosition(C_Map.GetBestMapForUnit("player"), "player"):GetXY()
    /script SendChatMessage(format ("My location: [ %s ] %.2f , %.2f",GetZoneText(),px*100,py*100));

...but there is a way to send the string in SendChatMessage to my current chat like party or raid?

Deleted
    As per pre-patch history, many of my old macros have broken. Anyone know if the name for the function changed?

Intended function is to show the "highlight" border around magic debuffs on enemy's, the same one you get if you play Mage, Priest, Shaman, ect.

it was a 2 part macro, used after each other.
    1st:
    Code:
     /run b = 'Buff' st = 'Stealable' mM = 'Magic' mB = maxBuffs TFUA = 'TargetFrame_UpdateAuras' PFu = PlayerFrame.unit MTB = MAX_TARGET_BUFFS UB = UnitBuff UIE = UnitIsEnemy END END
    2nd:
    Code:
     /run hooksecurefunc(TFUA,function(s) sN=s:GetName() iE=UIE(PFu, s.unit) for i=1,MTB do _,_,ic,_,dT = UB(s.unit,i) fN=sN..b..i if(ic and(not s.mB or i<=s.mB))then fS=_G[fN..st] if(iE and dT==mM)then fS:Show() else fS:Hide() end end end end) END END

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
    Hello, i've been looking back on this thread and i haven't been able to find find an answer. Since the prepatch and the GCD changes came into effect, i've been unable to use regular 1 shot macros. Could someone tell me if if still possible to use such macro? Here's an example:

#showtooltip Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /cast Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cast Serenity
    /use Blood Fury
    /use 13
    /use 14
    No, 1 GCD per macro. They added them to the GCD specifically to break this kind of macro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover][mod:shift,@target] Dispel Magic
    /cast [@mouseover][] Purify
    '

Have problems with this macro, I played around but dont get it to work.
    What is not working is the Dispel Magic on hostile target when there is no mouseover, the mouseover part works.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing a nasty bump for justice!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Have problems with this macro, I played around but dont get it to work.
    What is not working is the Dispel Magic on hostile target when there is no mouseover, the mouseover part works.
    So the issue is your first line tells the macro "Cast Dispel on my mouseover if I'm pressing Shift" and stops there. It doesn't say "Cast Dispel if I have a Mouseover, or a target, if I'm pressing Shift." The reason for this is you haven't told the macro to only use the first line if a mouseover exists. You can fix this simply by changing it to [mod:shift,@mouseover,exists], and the rest of the first line should work at that point. You would still need to do the same to the second line, however.

Alternatively, I would clean up the @mouseover's to include more specific information about the targets you want to cast on. i.e.: [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead] will make sure it only tries to cast if your mouseover is an enemy. If you also remove the @target in the first line, those 2 changes combined will bring up the glowing hand when you press the macro with Shift and no valid mouseover/target, allowing you to queue the Dispel and then click it on an enemy afterward. Your Purify line will already do that with the [] if you fix the mouseover part.

Total changes would come out to:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead][mod:shift] Dispel Magic
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] Purify

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    No, 1 GCD per macro. They added them to the GCD specifically to break this kind of macro.
    I tried making this macro and its still not working.
    #showtooltip Vendetta
    /cast Vendetta
    /use 13
    /use 14

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I tried making this macro and its still not working.
    #showtooltip Vendetta
    /cast Vendetta
    /use 13
    /use 14
    Vendetta is on the GCD. I believe trinkets are also on the GCD. If not, put 13 and 14 before Vendetta. If they are, you simply can’t make this macro work.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

When you macro talents you lose the tooltip and icon on your bar if you spec out of it.
    Whereas if you just pull the talent down onto your bar the icon stays. Is it possible to make it stay even with macros when you untalent it?
    All the questionmarks trigger my ocd :

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    When you macro talents you lose the tooltip and icon on your bar if you spec out of it.
    Whereas if you just pull the talent down onto your bar the icon stays. Is it possible to make it stay even with macros when you untalent it?
    All the questionmarks trigger my ocd :
    Try #showtooltip TALENTNAMEHERE

First of all. My [pvptalent: ...] macros dont work anymore and they spam a system message unknowing the macro.

What i want to build is a macro tha does the following.
    If a pvp talent is selected, thn the skill tooltip will show and i will cast that talent, but in the same macro i want to add another line of command, for when i swap talents the tooltip and skill swap too.

Example: If i have Disarm talented, thn the tooltip will show Disarm and i will cast disarm. If i change to Spell Reflection, the tooltip and cast will change too.

An example from normal talents:
    /cast [talent:3/2]Whrilwind; [talent:3/3]Rend

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    Try #showtooltip TALENTNAMEHERE
    As soon you as you change talent the tooltip is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    As soon you as you change talent the tooltip is gone.
    Some talent rows have a name that applies to the entire talent row. If you use that name in the macro, it will work, but I don't know how many talent rows have that, and I'm not sure how you find those names anymore.

However, you should be able to create a macro that looks like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:1/1] Talentname
    /use [talent:1/2] Talentname
    /use [talent:1/3] Talentname

The first number is the row of the talent, the second number is the column, 1 being leftmost, 3 being rightmost. That should change the tooltip when you change talents. It's possible you'll have to /reload after changing a talent to get the icon to reset on the UI, I think that was a bug at one point, not sure if it's been fixed.

Any idea why this isn't working? The intention is (with no modifier key) to cast sunfire on mouseover, or on target if no mouseover, and if I hold shift to use the nature's control talent, which is usually Typhoon. The sunfire portion of the macro works perfectly. It is just the typhoon part that fails whether I use "nature's control" or "Typhoon".

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod][@mouseover,nodead,harm]Sunfire
    /cast [mod:shift]Nature's Control

This one also is buggy:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod: shift] Nature's Control
    /cast [nomod] Incapacitating Roar

Incapacitating roar works fine. When I hold Shift, the tooltip will change to typhoon, but it will not cast it with the hotkey. It will cast typhoon if I hold shift and then mouse click, oddly.
    Last edited by Malmmoc; 2018-08-03 at 05:08 AM.