15+ Year Old Account
    I royally fucked up earlier and deleted part of my macro that whispers the target I'm going to cast a spell on. I don't know what I removed that caused the fuck up but it happened. Essentially what I need is a macro that whispers whoever I'm targeting a message I decide in the macro. Can someone please help me out with this??

I play enhance and was wondering if there is a way to make a macro,when running the talent shamanism, that targets a named player but will still cast on myself if the player is los or not in range

what I’m using now works but say in a bg if the named player is not in range or in arena if he’s behind a pillar it just won’t cast, any way to make it cast on him when possible but if not still just normally cast this? Thanks in advance for your time!!

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=playername] bloodlust
    /use trinketname

Is what I’m using now

Hi all!

Can someone help me make a macro that puts "feign death" and "play dead" in the same one? And if the pet is "playing dead", use the same button again to wake him up with the spell "Wake up"?

Is there a way to make a macro that casts Judgment or Crusader Strike on my target's target, then switch back to the target after executing the skill?

BUT only act this way if I'm targeting a friendly unit?

Trying to figure out a way to be targeting the tank for Divine Toll, so it prioritizes friendly targets , while still being able to Judgment and Crusader Strike. :c
    Last edited by Myzou; 2020-12-22 at 02:28 PM.

This will cast judgement on you target if it's an enemy. If you have a friend targeted it will attempt to cast judgement on their target.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [harm][@targettarget,harm] Judgement

Can someone help me with some macros if it's possible to make them? i would like to clear my keybindings

First macro

Show tooltip Fire Elemental, if it's on cd cast fire elemental, if he's not on cd show and cast earth elemental, fire elemental should always show on tooltip and cast first if its on cd

Second macro

Show tooltip Icefury, cast icefury, once you cast icefury you can cast Frostshock, only show Icefury if its off cd and cast it first if it of cd

Hi.

I'm trying to restructure my guild's ranks, and to do so I'd like to demote everyone to the lowest rank (the 10th one in the list). Unfortunately, every macro I've found on the web to do so fails to work now because of the change to communities.

The only command I can find to work is /gdemote "playername" but, obviously, that's not very helpful in and of itself. Especially since it only lowers the rank by one notch.

I was wondering if there was a way to automate this so it goes through the list and demotes everyone. I don't mind running it multiple times if necessary until everyone is down to rank 10.

Thank you.

Sorry, late reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    I play enhance and was wondering if there is a way to make a macro,when running the talent shamanism, that targets a named player but will still cast on myself if the player is los or not in range
    In short, no. Macros cannot detect whether a player is in range/LoS, or whether a spell successfully cast.

I suggest this variant:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:alt,@player][target=playername] Bloodlust

which lets you press Alt to force a cast on only yourself. You can change the modifier to shift or ctrl, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Can someone help me make a macro that puts "feign death" and "play dead" in the same one? And if the pet is "playing dead", use the same button again to wake him up with the spell "Wake up"?
    This is what I'm using on my Hunters:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nopet][@pet,dead] Feign Death
    /cast [mod:alt] Play Dead
    /stopmacro [mod:alt]
    /castsequence reset=19 Feign Death, Play Dead, Wake Up

1. If you have no pet or it is dead, just Feign Death.
    2. If you press Alt, only use Play Dead (rarely use that, but sometimes your pet stays in combat longer than yourself, which messes with the [combat] conditional)
    3. (just to cancel the macro when pressing Alt, skipping the 4th line)
    4. Casting Feign Death on first use, Play Dead on second, and Wake up on third, resetting 19 seconds after the last use - not after casting Feign Death, notably (unless you only used the macro once, of course)
    I chose the shorter time to account for delayed uses of Play Dead, and to see the cooldown on Feign Death a certain while before it's ready again.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Is there a way to target your battle pet?

I want a macro to dance with moon moon and make him spawn the column of light. The only way I can do it is if I preset my focus to moon moon, and then do

/targetfocus
    /dance
    /targetlasttarget

I can't seem to do /target moon moon.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Code:
    /cancelform [mod:shift]
    /cast [mod:alt] Travel Form
    /cast [stance:0/2/3] Bear Form;[indoors,swimming][outdoors] Travel Form;[indoors] Cat Form;
    Scratching my head here on the cancelform line.
    All aspects work fine here, switches between bear/travel/cat as intended, but it will only cancelfrom with shift held if you are in bear form. If you try and shift click in travel or cat, it shifts to bear, then a second press cancels out of forms correctly. Any pointers please?

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    Code:
    /cancelform [mod:shift]
    /cast [mod:alt] Travel Form
    /cast [stance:0/2/3] Bear Form;[indoors,swimming][outdoors] Travel Form;[indoors] Cat Form;
    Scratching my head here on the cancelform line.
    All aspects work fine here, switches between bear/travel/cat as intended, but it will only cancelfrom with shift held if you are in bear form. If you try and shift click in travel or cat, it shifts to bear, then a second press cancels out of forms correctly. Any pointers please?
    The macro continues after the cancelform, so if you weren't already in the form it would cast, it will cast that form.
    You have to add
    Code:
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    as the second line so that it doesn't execute the last two lines.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Awesome, cheer Nathanyel, worked a charm.

So I recently leveled a shaman to play as enhance and resto and came across this macro to simplify the Windfury/Flametongue application on both weapons with a single button.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod:alt]reset=5 Frostbrand Weapon,Windfury Weapon;[mod:ctrl]reset=5 Earthliving Weapon,Windfury Weapon;reset=5 Flametongue Weapon,Windfury Weapon
    /castsequence reset=5 17, 16
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    It's obviously outdated with the frostbrand and earthliving inclusion but so far it works. I have near zero understanding on how it works and was wondering if it's possible to add in Lightning Shield to the macro so I can hit the keybind to apply all 3 staple buffs to myself.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    So I recently leveled a shaman to play as enhance and resto and came across this macro to simplify the Windfury/Flametongue application on both weapons with a single button.
    Yes, that one's very old. The last two lines are completely nonfunctional today, as the weapon imbues no longer have to be cast on main- or offhand.

Let's completely rewrite this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=5 Lightning Shield, Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon
    (typed on my phone, didn't test ingame)

I put Lightning Shield first, since it only has a 30min duration, so you'll have to re-apply it more often. Left the reset time at 5, as that means 5 seconds after the last use, not after the first spell in the sequence. Feel free to increase that number, though.

Hmm, I might actually use that macro on my Enh alt, didn't touch that char much since 9.0, but I did put those spells back on tertiary bars, frowning at the clutter.

PS: just to clarify, for the other specs, just put Lightning Shield on the button, the weapon imbues have no effect on spell casts.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2021-01-14 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes, that one's very old. The last two lines are completely nonfunctional today, as the weapon imbues no longer have to be cast on main- or offhand.

Let's completely rewrite this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=5 Lightning Shield, Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon
    (typed on my phone, didn't test ingame)

I put Lightning Shield first, since it only has a 30min duration, so you'll have to re-apply it more often. Left the reset time at 5, as that means 5 seconds after the last use, not after the first spell in the sequence. Feel free to increase that number, though.

Hmm, I might actually use that macro on my Enh alt, didn't touch that char much since 9.0, but I did put those spells back on tertiary bars, frowning at the clutter.

PS: just to clarify, for the other specs, just put Lightning Shield on the button, the weapon imbues have no effect on spell casts.
    Works so far, much appreciated. I can't agree with the buff clutter like this when the weapon buffs could easily be enhancement passives. Well thankfully this gets 3 maintenance buffs to 1.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Is there an addon that helps find the NPCs in Torghast for you, sinc eyou can't /target them anymore?

Like, NPC Scan or such, just for Torghast companions?

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Like, NPC Scan or such, just for Torghast companions?
    Well, NPC Scan and SilverDragon support manual entry of NPC IDs, you'd just have to gather these IDs, either by manual search or by finding an existing list.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have two trinkets on dif CD use each, is there a way to switch in between one for the other whichever is not on CD?
    Unless using one triggers a short CD on the other one, not possible.

If that is the case though, then yes, just /use for both of them, the first one that's ready will be used.

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone has an answer for this. I use a macro to select a mount from a set list of mounts.
    I don't use the favourites built-in feature as I have 2 different macros, one for flying mounts and one for ground mounts.

Since about 9.0 this macros throws an error the first time i used it after logging or reloading ui: "Unknown macro option:[random(#t)"
    The strange thing is that it still works anyway.

Does anyone know an alternative to do the same thing? Not a big deal, but still annoying.

Thanks!

/run if IsMounted()then return end local t t={978,802,186,444,439,183,781,883,416,470,999,304,944,1315,363,1227,905,1314,1013,1410,66 4} C_MountJournal.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])
    /dismount

Quote Originally Posted by Exergy View Post
    Since about 9.0 this macros throws an error the first time i used it after logging or reloading ui: "Unknown macro option:[random(#t)"
    The strange thing is that it still works anyway.

Does anyone know an alternative to do the same thing? Not a big deal, but still annoying.
    First off, I assume it was the forum that divided the 664 into "66 4", didn't work until I fixed that.

Couldn't reproduce your error message, I assume it may have to do with the API trying to find conditionals to determine what to display as the macro's icon (if you use the Question Mark icon for a dynamic icon), or some addon interfering.
    Try putting #showtooltip Mountname as the first line, or disable all addons and try it (quickest way is to rename the Interface folder while not in the game, start the game, try the macro, quit game, restore Interface folder - the game will have created a new one, delete that)

Anyway, here's a version without square brackets, try this as well:
    /run if IsMounted()then return end local t={978,802,186,444,439,183,781, 883,416,470,999,304,944,1315,363, 1227,905,1314,1013,1410,664} C_MountJournal.SummonByID(select(random(#t),unpack(t)))
    /dismount
    (ID list broken up with spaces to prevent the forum from breaking up numbers)

PS/Edit: also, sorry for the late reply, the forum only now showed this thread as having new replies, I know I've checked that page earlier today, only listed another thread.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2021-02-10 at 04:37 AM.