Page 5 of 327 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why not make it a 2-button macro - cast on left-click, turn off on right-click?
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting [btn:2]
    /cast [btn:1]Hellfire

/stopcasting doesn't stop casting Hellfire. It's a funny little macro.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    /stopcasting never stopped channeling spells.
    Feel SPriests' pain trying to create a always-cast-massdispel-no-matter what macro for Mu'ru.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I never got to Mu'ru as a raiding SPriest. Maybe there's a /stopchannelling command? But I doubt it. Might have to test this later on my priest.

There are nochanneling, and channeling conditions but I had no such luck in trying to cancel the cast within the same macro.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mind Flay
    /cast [nochanneling:Mind Flay] Mind Flay ;
    this is a macro used by shadowpriests to make sure they don't cast MF when they are already channeling it.

but i don't think there is a macro command to stop channeling, at least not if /stopcasting does not work. according to http://www.wowwiki.com/Macro_API#Combat_Commands, stopcasting also works for channeled spells.

Deleted
    It doesn't.

The Eye of Kilrogg workaround works just fine, unless they create some new macro API in Cata.

I have a macro problem.
    I want to cast haunt on my focus target while I am using other spells on another mob.
    I tried using:
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /cast [nomod] Haunt
    /cast [mod:Shift, target=focus] Haunt

but it wont work. Does anyone have an idea what i am doing wrong?

thx
    Lois Lane, Lana Lang & Lori Lemaris, lasciviously licking lollipops at a London landmark.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][]Haunt

I have a few simple/quick questions...

1) Is there anyway to macro jump?

2) Can you macro /target raid icon in any way?

3) For a feral druid, I'd like to put a macro for both charges in 1 that shifts depending on cat/bear form. My current implementation is

#showtooltip
    /cast Feral Charge - Bear
    /cast Feral Charge - Cat

It works, but I'd like it to swap icons on form if it all possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Deleted
    1) No.
    2) No.
    3)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:3]Feral Charge - Cat; Feral Charge - Bear
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-08 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks, had a feeling with the first 2...

Also, just noticed a minor typo, you have fear charge instead of feral.
    Last edited by JackalopeSpam; 2010-10-08 at 01:14 PM.

This is my super awesome Feral Charge Macro. Also Prowls in kitty.

Charge and Prowl

3.3.5 Version
    #showtooltip [noform:3]Feral Charge - Bear;[form:3,combat][stealth]Feral Charge - Cat;[form:3,nocombat]Prowl
    /startattack[form:1]
    /cast [form:1]Enrage
    /cast [form:1]Feral Charge - Bear;[form:3,combat][stealth]Feral Charge - Cat;[form:3,nocombat]Prowl
    4.0.1 Version
    #showtooltip [noform:3]Feral Charge;[form:3,combat][stealth]Feral Charge(Cat Form);[form:3,nocombat]Prowl
    /startattack[form:1]
    /cast [form:1]Enrage
    /cast [form:1]Feral Charge;[form:3,combat][stealth]Feral Charge(Cat Form);[form:3,nocombat]Prowl

So after using the following macro in a raid tonight, I was wondering if it could be expanded upon by adding a random factor to perhaps randomly throw them at party/raid members. As is now, it's simple and great for one person's annoyance.

/use [@focus] Heavy Leather Ball

Quote Originally Posted by JackalopeSpam View Post
    So after using the following macro in a raid tonight, I was wondering if it could be expanded upon by adding a random factor to perhaps randomly throw them at party/raid members. As is now, it's simple and great for one person's annoyance.
    Hm try this.

/targetraid
    /use Heavy Leather Ball
    /targetlasttarget

Would this be vailid...

/use [@targetraid] Heavy Leather Ball

The issue I have is that it could cause problems with auto attacking while in a boss fight. Unless I'm completely wrong and your version wouldn't reset the swing timer on each use. I'm also thinking paper airplanes would be an improvement for my childish pranks.

No that macro will be looking for a person named Targetraid and fail. The one I put should be nearly instantaneous and shouldn't interrupt any autoattacking, but if you're that concerned, maybe don't throw balls in a boss fight.

Deleted
    Nope, sadly. /targetraid just targets one nearby raid member.

Deleted

Question

Hello!
    I play a priest and I am in need of a few macros, it might be an addon and if so I would much appreciate if you could give me a hint to what addon it might be but this is what I need it to do:

I want the macro to cast dispersion and then do the following: if in party it should say it in /p and if in raid it should say it in /raid "Casting [dispersion] duration 6 Seconds" and after 5 seconds say "[Dispersion] ended!" well not just saying it but actualy linking the spell, I plan on using this for Mind Control and others aswell and is there a way for a macro to announce when interupted or do I need an addon for that?

This macro is the one I have been trying to modify but all I managed is getting DC from the server, I even tried with Divine Hymn, Renew and others but all I got was DC, strange thing is that the macro works just fine but when I change spell I get DC

/run SendChatMessage("\124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:34477\124h[Misdirection]\124h\124r on "..UnitName("target"),"PARTY")

/Asthor
    Last edited by mmoc2f89cee44b; 2010-10-10 at 07:52 AM.