Deleted

Cool Warrior Macro Trouble

Hi Macromakers and other listeners

I have a few questions and after reading ALOT of pages in this thread I still feel they need answering.

What exactly does a ! in front of a skill do? I read somewhere it's for preventing a "on-next-swing" spell to be cancelled if a later spell is cast within the same macro? I use it like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Raging Blow(Berserker Stance)
    /cast !Heroic Strike
    /cast Raging Blow(Berserker Stance)
    /startattack
    Is there any way at all to make a macro with two spells, that both have a GCD? I am thinking something like Execute/Victory Rush in the same macro? Atm I have Victory Rush and Bloodthirst in one macro. It seems to be fingin VR sometimes. Is this intended? It looks like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Bloodthirst
    /cast !Bloodthirst
    /cast Victory Rush
    /startattack
    I am new to the site, but have played WoW since beta. Just never had this much trouble playing my warrior to it's fullest. My mage really is alot easier (Arcane).

Well,

1) The old Heroic Strike could be toggled on and off since it is on next melee, so !Heroic Strike kept it from being toggled off. As it's now an instant attack it doesn't need an !

It's still useful to put ! in front of a few skills, mainly anything with a targetting circle like !Heroic Leap, !Mass Dispel, etc.

2) Raging Blow(Berserker Stance) can just be Raging Blow.

3) Bloodthirst and Victory Rush are both on the GCD, and since Bloodthirst has a cooldown of it's own, it cannot be macroed with Victory Rush. You'll just have to find a new keybind for Victory Rush.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Some addons reserve keybindings of their own, I believe. I've seen at least Opie and Bindpad do this. Can be a bit of a nightmare to trackdown

Try disabling all your addons (Addon Control Panel - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/acp.aspx - is good for this) and testing again. If it still fails, I have no idea!
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will try that when I get home and let you know my findings.

Cheers. =)

Hey, I saw a thread a day or two ago that has a macro that would link your tradeskill (ie jc/enchanting) in trade with a message.
    /threads/832846-Advertise-professions-macro (as I can't post links, but its on mmo-champ)

I grabbed it and while using it, the message would come out like;
    [2] Trade: "MY TEXT HERE" [SKILL]

I figured I would just swap it around the code so it would put the [Skill] before the text but epic fail. Lua errors and general not working followed. Could anyone write it so it puts the skill followed by my message? Basically I want to make two macros they will link my JC'ing and Enchanting in trade, which happens to be my channel 2. Everything worked fine, I just want the order changed

Deleted
    Code:
    /run SendChatMessage(GetTradeSkillListLink().."Free with your mats ", "channel", nil, "2")
    Two dots is the Lua operator for merging strings.

I run in this problem a lot selling something via Trade, I use a /r macro to link mats and info but i can only replay to the 1rst or 2nd person who whispered me. Any way around that?

Deleted
    Hi guys,

im a newbie here... and i not very good with macro

I need to do a macro for the following sequence..my main problem is change from Tauren form to Cat form.

The sequence is: Faerie Fire, then go in cat form then Mangle , Savage Roar, Rake, Shred , Rip.

If you have better macros, every advice wil be appreciate.

tks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Well,

1) The old Heroic Strike could be toggled on and off since it is on next melee, so !Heroic Strike kept it from being toggled off. As it's now an instant attack it doesn't need an !

It's still useful to put ! in front of a few skills, mainly anything with a targetting circle like !Heroic Leap, !Mass Dispel, etc.

2) Raging Blow(Berserker Stance) can just be Raging Blow.

3) Bloodthirst and Victory Rush are both on the GCD, and since Bloodthirst has a cooldown of it's own, it cannot be macroed with Victory Rush. You'll just have to find a new keybind for Victory Rush.
    Thx for explaining it to me. I am puzzled why VR sometimes does trigger then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfuka View Post
    Hi guys,

im a newbie here... and i not very good with macro

I need to do a macro for the following sequence..my main problem is change from Tauren form to Cat form.

The sequence is: Faerie Fire, then go in cat form then Mangle , Savage Roar, Rake, Shred , Rip.

If you have better macros, every advice wil be appreciate.

tks!
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Faerie Fire, Cat Form, Mangle(Cat Form), Savage Roar, Rake, Shred, Rip

I tried to make a macro to cast Wing Clip if my target was in melee range and to cast Concussive Shot if my target was in ranged range but I was unsuccessful.

Do I need a script to make it possible?
    Last edited by Gobbo; 2011-01-18 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Not possible.

Deleted
    Ok, i have this macro to use dash, when i hold down ctrl it does stampeding roar, which works fine and all..
    But for some reason, everytime i push shift or alt, the icon changes to the red "?" mark and the macro becomes unusable.
    Is there any way to make this stop?

code:

#showtooltip
    /use [nomod] dash
    /use [mod:ctrl] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Faerie Fire, Cat Form, Mangle(Cat Form), Savage Roar, Rake, Shred, Rip
    So easy! THANKS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwair View Post
    Ok, i have this macro to use dash, when i hold down ctrl it does stampeding roar, which works fine and all..
    But for some reason, everytime i push shift or alt, the icon changes to the red "?" mark and the macro becomes unusable.
    Is there any way to make this stop?

code:

#showtooltip
    /use [nomod] dash
    /use [mod:ctrl] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Stampeding Roar(Cat Form); Dash

In first instance, i apologize for my awful english.
    well, i want a macro for priest where i can cast Shadow word:Pain on a target there is not affected by the curse, cast Holy Fire with no modifier and Smite with Alt modifier if the target is already affected by the curse.
    Thanks in advance =D

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /run SendChatMessage(GetTradeSkillListLink().."Free with your mats ", "channel", nil, "2")
    Two dots is the Lua operator for merging strings.
    Just copy-pasted that in after changing the channel and "free with your mats" parts and it threw back an lua error the first two times (and did nothing) now it just opens up my JC window lol.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kiim, it is not possible to see if a target is is already affected by a spell (buff or debuff of any type). The best you can do is set up a macro with SW:P and Smite on different modifiers, like so:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Shadow Word: Pain; [mod:alt] Smite; Holy Fire

Deleted
    Would like a macro which advertises my professions in trade chat
    something like

PROF PROF "insert dum text here"

want to include 2 profs and i want them to automatically update as and when i do? is this possible?

Deleted
    Is it possibel to make a hunter macro that does; Raptor strike + Wing Clip + Disengage in 1 button klick/push? (maybe even add Concussive Shot / Scatter Shot)
    I know its possible to make 1 click/push Raptor strike + Wing Clip, but im wondering if its possible to add extra abilities to this macro with Castsequense reset commando.

Thanks

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlunatic View Post
    Would like a macro which advertises my professions in trade chat
    something like

PROF PROF "insert dum text here"

want to include 2 profs and i want them to automatically update as and when i do? is this possible?
    Not really, no - there's a hard limit on the number of characters in a message, and a profession link is _VERY_ long. You can fit 2 short ones - like, ohhh, First Aid and Mining, into one message - MAYBE. For real professions, though, the limit is one per line of text. - Jewelcrafting takes up 75-85% of the available space in a single message, as do most other major crafting professions.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by inthemaking View Post
    Is it possibel to make a hunter macro that does; Raptor strike + Wing Clip + Disengage in 1 button klick/push? (maybe even add Concussive Shot / Scatter Shot)
    I know its possible to make 1 click/push Raptor strike + Wing Clip, but im wondering if its possible to add extra abilities to this macro with Castsequense reset commando.

Thanks
    Not in a single button push - I do believe that at least 2 of the abilities you named trigger the GCD, which means you can't do them as a single button-click. You can probably do a castsequence, but that requires one button-press for every spell in the sequence.