Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    You could try

/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")

and

/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")

instead.
    Doesn't work =( anyone else got any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use this:
    /run x="Sound_EnableSFX"s=GetCVar(x)SetCVar(x,0)
    and
    /run SetCVar(x,s)
    I use this primarily because it will set the variable back to what it was originally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saen View Post
    I use this:

I use this primarily because it will set the variable back to what it was originally
    Isn't working either. Does this work for you ?

Hi i play surv hunter and i just got a nether ray for its interupt

is there a macro so i can control the pets interupt when i need it instead of when the pet feels like using it

thnxs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Hi i play surv hunter and i just got a nether ray for its interupt

is there a macro so i can control the pets interupt when i need it instead of when the pet feels like using it

thnxs
    Disable autocast for Nether Shock. Then,

Code:
    #showtooltip Nether Shock
    /petpassive
    /petfollow
    /cast Nether Shock
    Or some variation depending on how you manage your pet. You need the first two lines to make sure the pet instantly stops what its doing and Nether Shock's your current target (it's like pet equivalent of /stopcasting).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-05 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Disable autocast for Nether Shock. Then,

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /petpassive
    /petfollow
    /cast Nether Shock
    Or some variation depending on how you manage your pet. You need the first two lines to make sure the pet instantly stops what its doing and Nether Shock's your current target (it's like player equivalent of /stopcasting).
    tyvm for that i will try it out

Quote Originally Posted by ib_di View Post
    Hmm.. The macro I had was similar, apart from the [] - any explanation as to what that does?
    Empty brackets means an unconditional option. Mostly used for making the spell show spell icon (if question mark) and tooltip also when no (valid) target. Sometimes also usefull to pick up all slack options in one.

I've been trying to make a macro that casts Cyclone with a modifier of shift that checks for mouseover and if not one, it Cyclones my target. The macro also casts Entangling Roots if I don't press the modifier, also on my mouseover, and target if no mouseover exists. Sorry if this is confusing lol the macro works except the mouseover Cyclone part. Also I'm not sure how to write it to check for harm too. Any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Etai View Post
    I've been trying to make a macro that casts Cyclone with a modifier of shift that checks for mouseover and if not one, it Cyclones my target. The macro also casts Entangling Roots if I don't press the modifier, also on my mouseover, and target if no mouseover exists. Sorry if this is confusing lol the macro works except the mouseover Cyclone part. Also I'm not sure how to write it to check for harm too. Any help would be appreciated
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,mod:shift,harm,nodead][mod:shift,harm,nodead] Cyclone;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead] Entangling Roots

Works great! Thanks Chaltione!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esnar View Post
    I recently started using aspect management macro's, but the sound of aspect of the hawk while i mount up is really getting annoying.
    I am using these macro's
    Code:
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast !Call Pet 1
    /cast !Aspect of the hawk
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast [swimming] Abysal sea horse
    /cast [flyable]Blue Dragonhawk
    /cast [noflyable] Swift Zulian Tiger
    /dismount [mounted]
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Code:
    #showtooltip Raptor Strike
    /cast !Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Raptor Strike
    Code:
    /cast Wing Clip
    However, they are not working. Did they change the command for this in cataclysm? Anyone know's how to do this?
    Thanks,
    Esnar
    Still haven't found a fix. Can anyone help me ?

Your macro isn't working because the spell sound only happens after your pc receives spell cast confirmation. By the time that happens the sound has already been turned back on. The reason this works for error sounds (most of them) is because most are client-based, meaning your pc handles them by itself and doesn't have to wait for server confirmation - it plays before sound is re-enabled. To do what you want, you need to delay sound reactivation in one way or another (and how much you have to delay it is based on your latency), the simplest way is if you have any Ace addon, as you have support for the '/in' command. So to sum it all up:

Code:
    /cast !Call Pet 1
    /cast !Aspect of the hawk
    /in 0.5 /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast [swimming] Abysal sea horse
    /cast [flyable]Blue Dragonhawk
    /cast [noflyable] Swift Zulian Tiger
    /dismount [mounted]
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Code:
    /cast Raptor Strike
    Code:
    /cast Wing Clip
    This still has limitations though, you would need to write a little addon to make sure sound isn't re-enabled until you stop spamming it when/if you do. The way '/in' works, if you spam the macro it won't delay the command, it will just run it several times (so sound will be re-enabled several times while you keep pressing the macro, and you'll hear parts of the sound. If you don't spam it too much, it will work well enough.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just a note on Perera's comment about needing Ace - Ace3 doesn't include /in, only Ace2 does.

However, if you don't feel like installing Ace2 just for /in, you can try out the addons InDemand or SlashIn to get the /in function.

Ok, so basically I am looking to make an all in 1 macro that does the following:

A.) Casts Lifebloom on mouseover
    B.) if no mouseover and current target is friendly, casts Lifebloom on them
    C.) Casts Moonfire on mouseover of hostile until
    D.) if no mouseover and current target is hostile, cast Moonfire
    (This is the part I'm having difficulty in)
    E.) Casts Lifebloom on self ONLY when I have alt pushed down, no matter if my current target is friendly or hostile

This is currently what I have/ tried and even though the syntax seems right, no luck

#showtooltip Lifebloom
    /cast [nomod,target=mouseover,exists,help,nodead]Lifebloom;[target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead]Moonfire;[help,nodead]Lifebloom;[harm,nodead]Moonfire;[mod:alt,target=player]Lifebloom
    Also tried

#showtooltip Lifebloom
    /cast [nomod,target=mouseover,exists,help,nodead]Lifebloom;[target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead]Moonfire;[help,nodead]Lifebloom;[harm,nodead]Moonfire
    /cast [mod:alt,target=player]Lifebloom
    I guess I could make separate binds and buttons with alt+bind devoted to self healing, but the whole point of this is to save space. Any help is appreciated!

Deleted
    Try (untested),

Code:
    #showtooltip Lifebloom
    /cast [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help][help] Lifebloom; [@mouseover,harm][harm] Moonfire
    Note, that if you have the talent which turns Moonfire into Sunfire, this macro may not work for Moonfire ...

You could also insert a [@player] after the [help] if you want a fallback to self-heal if you have no target or mouseover.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-07 at 06:53 PM.

That works, but doesnt have a mouseover part to it which is one of the things I wanted :/. As a healer it's nice to have spells on mouseovers for quick healing via grid or just through raid frames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    That works, but doesnt have a mouseover part to it which is one of the things I wanted :/. As a healer it's nice to have spells on mouseovers for quick healing via grid or just through raid frames.
    I mispelt the first mouseover (mousover instead of mouseover) - sorry!

perfect, thank you!

is there anyway you could make a macro that shifts to bear, pops enrage, and bashes? I tried doing it all in 1 macro, but it keeps reputting me into bear form every time i press, and pops enrage when its up. Wont bash :/
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-02-07 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by perera View Post
    Your macro isn't working because ... it will work well enough.
    It mutes my aspects and call pet now, but after that, my sound is muted

Then you need to get any Ace2 addon, or one of the addons Taryble mentioned. The '/in' command is added by them.