Posted a new topic about this before realizing I could do it here, sorry.

I've looked everywhere, and so far-have not been able to find this, or I would not be asking. I'm looking for a macro that does the following.

Simultaneously casts Shadowflame and also brings up the ring for Shadowfury. Not cast them at the same time, but do those two things, at once.

Is this possible, and if so, can someone help me create this?

Thanks a ton!

Have already tried:

/cast shadowfury
    /cast shadowflame
    (and the inverse)

/cast shadowfury
    /cast [mod:shift] Shadowflame
    (and the inverse)

the !Shadowfury thing is new to me, I'll definetly be trying that out as well.

I hope I can work something out, it'd be really convenient for this to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropz View Post
    Posted a new topic about this before realizing I could do it here, sorry.
    Is Shadowflame on the GCD? If yes then that macro won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    Is Shadowflame on the GCD? If yes then that macro won't work.
    Yes, it's on the GCD-but I was hoping that since I'm not casting shadowfury yet, basically what would happen is that the ring would be prepared and ready for me. I suppose technically I could do a castsequence macro, but that really defeats the purpose of what I would like to do. Ah, well. =(

Hello guys,

I was searching for a macro in google, and... I found this one... and.. my english isn't so good but I will try

well,
    I'm looking for macros that change the spell like a cast sequence but change with conditions, for example cast x2 arcane shot and when focus is low change to steady shot, or cast vampiric touch, shadow word: pain, devouring plague, mind flay and when I got 3 shadow orbs change to mind blast and I may click to cast mind blast... or 3 charges of holy power I cast Hammer of the righteous

I've been waiting...

thanks

Deleted
    Can't decide based on buffs/debuffs.
    I should make a keyboard shortcut that inserts this text into a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Hello guys,

I was searching for a macro in google, and... I found this one... and.. my english isn't so good but I will try

well,
    I'm looking for macros that change the spell like a cast sequence but change with conditions, for example cast x2 arcane shot and when focus is low change to steady shot, or cast vampiric touch, shadow word: pain, devouring plague, mind flay and when I got 3 shadow orbs change to mind blast and I may click to cast mind blast... or 3 charges of holy power I cast Hammer of the righteous

I've been waiting...

thanks
    Sorry but you are going to be waiting a looooooooooooooong time.

Conditional Macros aren't allowed. So unfortunately what you are asking for cannot be done.

You could try scripting but the if/then like scenarios you are requesting aren't allowed either.

Basically Blizzard did everything they could to make it impossible to do the one-button smashing playstyle you are requesting here.

Sorry :-/
    The only thing i know is that i know nothing

Hey guys, hope you can help me >.>

I'm leveling my priest and am having a HUGE headache trying to set up a specific action. I use bartender and have Flash Heal hotkeyed as '2' and Power Infusion as 'Shift+2'. I currently have a mouseover macro set up for Flash Heal and am trying to set a macro up for Power Infusion so that I can hit 'Shift+2' to cast on myself or 'Ctrl+2' to cast on either my target or a mouseover (at this point I'll take either as long as shift=me and ctrl=someone else; nothing worse than wanting to hit PI to pump fast heals out and accidentally giving it to the tank).

Here's what I have for Flash Heal:
    #showtooltip Flash Heal
    /cast [@mouseover, help] Flash Heal; [help] Flash Heal; Flash Heal
    Now, I can get a macro set to always cast PI on player, but it's the modifier to cast it at a target or mouseover that's screwing with me and I think it's due to the fact that I have that BT slot as Shift+2 (ie I have to hit Shift+2 to access that macro before it even checks for modifiers). So I've tried putting a macro in my Shift+2 slot solely to cast PI on myself and added a mod:ctrl option to the Flash Heal macro to cast PI at my target/mouseover, but it seems to break my Flash macro. I'm at my wits end here, hoping someone can help me figure this out before I go insane.

EDIT: Found a cheap workaround by making a PI Mouseover macro on an unused, hidden Bartender Bar and hotkeying that slot to Ctrl+2, but if anyone has a legitimate solution I'd still love to hear it
    Last edited by Potato Bus; 2011-05-31 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Hey guys, hope you can help me >.>

I'm leveling my priest and am having a HUGE headache trying to set up a specific action. I use bartender and have Flash Heal hotkeyed as '2' and Power Infusion as 'Shift+2'. I currently have a mouseover macro set up for Flash Heal and am trying to set a macro up for Power Infusion so that I can hit 'Shift+2' to cast on myself or 'Ctrl+2' to cast on either my target or a mouseover (at this point I'll take either as long as shift=me and ctrl=someone else; nothing worse than wanting to hit PI to pump fast heals out and accidentally giving it to the tank).

Here's what I have for Flash Heal:

Now, I can get a macro set to always cast PI on player, but it's the modifier to cast it at a target or mouseover that's screwing with me and I think it's due to the fact that I have that BT slot as Shift+2 (ie I have to hit Shift+2 to access that macro before it even checks for modifiers). So I've tried putting a macro in my Shift+2 slot solely to cast PI on myself and added a mod:ctrl option to the Flash Heal macro to cast PI at my target/mouseover, but it seems to break my Flash macro. I'm at my wits end here, hoping someone can help me figure this out before I go insane.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nomod][nomod] Flash Heal; [mod:shift, @player][mod:ctrl, @mouseover, help][mod:ctrl] Power Infusion
    Please try it and tell me if that does what you wanted. Was a little confused.
    Should do Flash heal without a mod, on mouseover if you have one, with shift PI on yourself, with ctrl on your mouseover (if it's help) or else your current target.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-05-31 at 10:20 AM.

i know in the past this wasn't possible, but maybe it is now?

i'm looking for something that will basically cast windfury weapon then flametongue weapon and then lightening shield. they all have a 1 sec GCD which seems to be the problem when making a macro for it. is there anyway to make it pause for 1 sec between casts or something?

any help would be appreciated.
    The fiction will see the real.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon, Lightning Shield

With 3 button presses, will cast each of the abilities, and if you only do one or two presses it'll reset back to Windfury Weapon after 10 seconds from the last press.

Seems to be exactly what I needed, Flash works like it did originally and the Ctrl mod for Mouseover > Target Power Infusion works great, along with the self-cast!

1000 internets to you, good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon, Lightning Shield

With 3 button presses, will cast each of the abilities, and if you only do one or two presses it'll reset back to Windfury Weapon after 10 seconds from the last press.
    :O
    that will work! thank you so much!
    /bow
    The fiction will see the real.

Deleted
    Hi, im looking for a macro for my hunter, i want a macro that will cast misdirection on my pet, without having to target my pet first could someone PM me the reply instead of replying back here, if thats ok

Replying in PM as well
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@pet]Misdirection

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Looking for a pally macro for use with WoG.

What i'm after:
    Cast on focus first
    Cast on target's target if no focus
    Cast on me if modifier held down

Now i'm pretty sure that should go:

/cast [target=focus, nomodifier, exists] word of glory; [target=targetstarget, nomodifer, exists] word of glory; [target=player] word of glory

Does "exists" fail if the target is dead?

Just after something that will (if i set focus) heal my arena partner while also being able to be used pretty brainlessly in rated bg's on my opponents current target (be it me or someone else) while still having a "heal me" over-ride. I have enough buttons at my disposal (16 button mouse and they're all useable \o/) to not have to have seperate ctrl, shift and alt modifiers so just the nomodifier clause to allow dual use is enough for my needs.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2011-06-03 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I'd use this maybe
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player,mod][@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][]Word of Glory

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I'd use this maybe
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player,mod][@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][]Word of Glory
    I never got the hang of shorthanding a lot of things. I'll give that a try, cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Wondering if it's even possible:

Is it possible to get a macro to cast Mangle(Bear) and Maul, but only Mangle if I hold down CTRL? (Maul isn't on the GCD, but don't want to be spamming it as well when I berserk)

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Wondering if it's even possible:

Is it possible to get a macro to cast Mangle(Bear) and Maul, but only Mangle if I hold down CTRL? (Maul isn't on the GCD, but don't want to be spamming it as well when I berserk)
    I assumed that you mean maul on ctrl.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Managle(Bear)
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Maul

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

No, I meant casting mangle only with Ctrl, whereas Mangle AND Maul on nothing. Maul isn't on the GCD, but like I said, I don't want to be spamming maul when I use berserk, as even with the 3-4 second cooldown on Maul, 30 rage Mauls tend to drain the rage bar extremely fast, and wastes valuable rage I could use on more mangles.

Someone on the official forums told me:

/use [nomod:ctrl]Maul
    /use Mangle(Bear)
    Going to try it and see how it works.