thanks i will try it out and see how it works

Im having problems setting up arena targeting macros, i wrote them like this but they doesn't seem to work;
    /Target [nomod] arena1
    /Focus [mod:shift] arena1

Thanks in advance =)

Not sure why it would be a problem but you probably want to have modifiers first to make sure they are recognized so try:
    Code:
    /focus [mod:shift]arena1
    /target [nomod]arena1

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

hello i am really stupid when it comes to macros.
    but i was wondering is it possible for a macro to keep check of the charges of lightwell and who used the lightwell.

so what i imagine is i set a lightwell and the macro would say "lightwell has been place." than once someone uses it the macro would say.."(so and so) has used lightwell there are now 9 charges left" and so on until lightwell has no more charges and it disappear.

is this asking for to much? or should i go search for an addon?
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

This is a great addon for any kind of spell announcing, RSA - Raeli's Spell Announcer

Maybe in your case, since you want more than just a simple announce, I found LightWell Geespot in a Google Search.

you sir are amazing thx
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

hi i was wondering if i could have two events in one macro. is it possible to do a cast sequence that resets when you change target on nomod, and on mod:shift do another spell altogether?

i used to have a cast sequence with target switch reset macro but i lost it somewhere
    somebody call for d doctor?

It might be possible, but rather than playing the guessing game can you explain what spells you would like in a sequence and what spells on nomod etc instead of being vague. Can't figure out what class you play by your posts.

Sigh. I was cleaning out my macros the other day and I deleted my earth shield macro, and I can't for the life of me remember how to remake it. The macro would earth shield my focus if it was friendly, or it would earth shield my focus target if it was hostile.

I'll trade you my Gorefiend macro from back in the day to lul constructs:
    /stopcasting
    /script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 20)
    /targetenemy
    /cast Spirit Lance
    /script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 41)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahshy View Post
    Sigh. I was cleaning out my macros the other day and I deleted my earth shield macro, and I can't for the life of me remember how to remake it. The macro would earth shield my focus if it was friendly, or it would earth shield my focus target if it was hostile.
    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [@focus,help,nodead][@focustarget,help,nodead][] Earth Shield
    Last edited by Mordret; 2011-06-14 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    It might be possible, but rather than playing the guessing game can you explain what spells you would like in a sequence and what spells on nomod etc instead of being vague. Can't figure out what class you play by your posts.
    want shadow word: pain and then devouring plague in the sequence, to reset on target switch, then on mod:shift i want shadow word: death

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    want shadow word: pain and then devouring plague in the sequence, to reset on target switch, then on mod:shift i want shadow word: death

thanks
    Sure it would look like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod:shift]Shadow Word: Death;reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Devouring Plague

Im not sure if it was here before, but am not gonna searching 110 pages :P

So, does anyone know any way how to bind Holy Word: Chastise and its transformations (HW:Serenity, HW:Sanctuary) under one macro?

To explain where problem is, i shoudl explain how Chakra works..
    When you have no chakra active, you have Holy Word:Chastise..normal spell from spellbook
    Whenever you switch into any chakra state (Serenity or Sactuary) your Holy Word:Chastise changes into HW:Serenity (if Chakra: Serenity is on) or HW:Sactuary (if Chakra: Sactuary is on).

So, they are basically 3 spells in one, depending on situation (or buff) you are in..

AND, thats not enough. While Chastise is DPS spell with stun, Serenity is Instant heal, while Sanctuary is AoE healing zone at selected place (it has that green targeting circle)..

Last edited by Dad; 2011-06-14 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarragon
    Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics.

lovely stuff. cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Im not sure if it was here before, but am not gonna searching 110 pages :P

So, does anyone know any way how to bind Holy Word: Chastise and its transformations (HW:Serenity, HW:Sanctuary) under one macro?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm]Holy Word: Chastise
    /cast [@mouseover,help]Holy Word: Serenity
    /cast Holy Word: Sanctuary

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that macro's can't detect the presence of buffs but is there any possibility of them detecting movement?

What I did for awhile and ultimately had to remove was having my Steady Shot cast Aspect of the Fox also, for PvP purposes, but in PvE it was obviously sub-optimal. I had the same idea for all my other shots; Kill Shot, Chimera, Arcane etc would all cast Aspect of the Hawk for the bonus ap..

Question: can a macro be made that would detect movement rather then buff presence so on one failed cast of Steady Shot due to the error "Cannot cast while moving" or whatever, it would then swap my aspects? and (on a sidenote) is there a way to stop it from spamming my face with the sound of AotH hawk "SCREEEECH!!"? Sounds make me happy. Just not that sound when it's CONSTANT every one second :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daragonis View Post
    I know that macro's can't detect the presence of buffs but is there any possibility of them detecting movement?
    There is of course no way to have macros detect movement. You have the option of macroing it with every shot, which it sounds like you've done:

Code:
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
    /cast Arcane Shot
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cobra Shot
    /castsequence reset=2 !Aspect of the Fox, null
    /cast Cobra Shot
    Or having all Aspects on a separate button with your mount, which always keeps Fox up for battlegrounds, but isn't so good if you raid as well:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Winged Guardian
    /petfollow
    /stopattack
    /cast [group:raid,nomounted]!Aspect of the Fox;[nomounted]!Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast [nomounted]Winged Guardian
    /cast [mounted,nogroup]!Aspect of the Cheetah;[mounted]!Aspect of the Pack
    If you're happy with what you have, but want to get rid of the sound (only for yourself, other players around you still hear it)

This thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2512625?page=1 on the official forums has you download a blank .wav from curse http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...zz-b-gone.aspx and rename it to AspectofTheHawk.wav and Pathfinding.wav in order to eliminate the aspect changing sounds when those files are placed in the YOUR WOW INSTALL\Data\Sound\Spells folder
    I recommend reading the thread for specific instructions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh thank you for that sound fix! I've just been swapping the Fox macro in/out for PvP just wasn't sure if there was a better way since it is inconvenient sometimes but at least with sound gone I'm more ok with it in PvP haha.

Deleted

OK so I've seen this before somewhere but i cant remeber how to do it, im looking for a macro that with target the nearest enemy, then cast a spell. something like:
    /targetenemy
    /cast [harm] sap

i know thats not right but, if someone could help me make it right that would rock!! ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.